KFC in China Opens First Human-Free Restaurant. Robots are the only workers

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More fantastic tech brought to you by white males. (Chinese are honorary whites). You don't see blacks or injuns or women inventing stuff like this.

KFC in China Opens First Human-Free Restaurant, Where Pear-Shaped, AI-Enabled Robots are the Only Workers. « InvestmentWatch

may 17 2016 Have you ever wanted to order a bucket of fried chicken without having to speak to a single human being? Now you can! KFC, in partnership with Chinese search engine giant Baidu, has just opened the world’s first human-free fast food restaurant in Shanghai, reports SoHu.

The intelligent robot concept store, Original+ (pronounced, “Original Plus”), looks unlike any KFC you’ve ever seen. The interior is designed in a traditional Chinese garden style with bamboo, flowers, and jade accents. Customers enter through a big circular doorway. Most remarkable, however, are the restaurant’s workers – small, pear-shaped robots named Du Mi, who take orders and process payments.

Du Mi’s employers claim they’re robotic cashiers are the first example of an artificial intelligence system at the front end of a fast food restaurant. A California-based company, Momentum Machines, has applied AI technology to create burgers since 2010, but these gaudy machines have been relegated to the kitchen, not to interact with customers.

Meanwhile, Du Mi are a customer’s first and only interaction with restaurant staff. As such, the bots are designed to be cordial and engaging, while ushering customers through their purchases.

Imagine that

Introducing technology even with low pay scales...minimum wage is $2.90

I remember reading a science fiction story a long time ago when I was a kid, and the characters went to a very restaurant, and you knew it was a fancy restaurant because it had HUMAN wait staff.

I have a client who builds conveyor belt systems and he tells me that all human workers in factories will soon be replaced by robots. Trump is not going to be able to save all the millions of jobs that will soon be lost in the "Robot Revolution."

• Banned
I have a client who builds conveyor belt systems and he tells me that all human workers in factories will soon be replaced by robots. Trump is not going to be able to save all the millions of jobs that will soon be lost in the "Robot Revolution."

I don't see any solution except to limit how many kids you can have. Otherwise 90% of the country will be on welfare in 30 years.

This is obviously because wages in China are too high LMAO

hqdefault.jpg

Imagine that

Introducing technology even with low pay scales...minimum wage is $2.90

But.....but I thought it was the demand for $15 an hour that was driving this mechanization.

You mean that was pure bullshit?

I don't see any solution except to limit how many kids you can have. Otherwise 90% of the country will be on welfare in 30 years.

Actually, the solution is to get rid of all the welfare apparatus and just pay every AMERICAN citizen a stipend each month. Those who want more can work, those who don't better make do.

I wonder how long it will take them to fix the problem should any of the robots malfunction.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The show must go on and if a real person is not there to fill in the blank(s), prepare for a decline in customers.

Actually, the solution is to get rid of all the welfare apparatus and just pay every AMERICAN citizen a stipend each month. Those who want more can work, those who don't better make do.

Then the poor would have 10 kids.

Forum List

Back