California town to start charging $300 for calling 911

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Interesting but somehow think that Jews calling 911 to report "antisemitism" will be exempted from the fee. Just a hunch!

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

>>Here’s the pricing breakdown: if you want unlimited 911 calling for emergencies year round, you can pay a flat annual fee of $48. You don’t have to pay that, but if you end up calling 911 and you aren’t a member of the 911 club, you’ll be charged $300. According to our tipster, out-of-towners will be charged $400. Nobody will receive a free t-shirt, although I think the city council should consider that as part of a premium subscription offering.<<

Interesting but somehow think that Jews calling 911 to report "antisemitism" will be exempted from the fee. Just a hunch!

>>City of Tracy, with a population of 82,900<<

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. All it takes is one person dying because no one wanted to make a 911 call.

I find this to be unfair to the people who already pay taxes of Tracy..The way the Bay area is going , people are buying more affordable homes out in that direction and leaving the big cities..

I would think it is ok to charge for unnecessary crap.

No, it cost a lot for small communities to be on the 911 system. This is their way of paying for it.
$50 especially if anyone in the family has health issues is worth it.

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. All it takes is one person dying because no one wanted to make a 911 call.
Exactly. No one will want to be slapped with the $300 charge. Whoever thought this up needs to realize that a good deal of us are not doctors, therefore, how are we to know how serious a situation may not be in the end? We don't know until the paramedic people are there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Easy way to not pay: just use an old, deactivated cell phone to call (even a deactivated cell can call 911) and do not give a name. As soon as you disconnect, take the battery out.

Forum List

Back