Kevin Bridges: Is He Britains Best Comedian?

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
The BBC keep pushing pretty lame comedians giving them their own shows, and as game show hosts, etc but unless you like your comedy bland un-alternative, and unlikely to offend anyone don't bother tuning in as the likes of Michael McIntyre, Sarah Milligan, and Jimmy Carr, etc are more likely to send you into a comatose state than anything else.

The best British comedian I've seen over the last few years is Kevin Bridges. This Scottish guy never fails to do the trick so he is pretty much guaranteed never to get a break on the BBC.

Not for me I find him really, really painful to listen to tbh. Maybe it's because I'm Scottish myself but his patter and jokes grew unfunny in Primary 5 as that's the stuff we were used to then.

Frankie Boyle used to be the best stand up comedian before he went less sick/intense and too political/shouty.
Peter Kay was good 15-years ago at stand up but he became quite dated. Watching his stand up back now you kinda know his jokes better than he does - although I think the likes of Phoenix Nights and Max and Paddy will never get old. British comedy at it's best.

Ed Byrne is quite good I think. He's a pleasant change from the norm but he's Irish so doesn't count.

No-one comes close to Billy Connelly. He's the man. My Mother knew him very well when she was in her early 20's. A great man into the bargain.

Forum List

Back