Kerry wants to repeal the Patriot Act!

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yep, that is the reason he gives for wanting to do so. In fact I heard him say on TV:

"The Patriot Act will be repealed, if I can help it, so terrorist scum can run freely into Gop guy's house and have there way with his bum. This will be the first thing I do when I become President."

Dude...obviouslyu he has OTHER reasons for wanting to do away with this act. Like, maybe there is something wrong with imprsoning an American citizen for months on end without allowing them to see a lawyer? For example.

I don't know what I think, except that Ashcroft is one scary prick.

LOL! I knew that scumbag had it in for me!

I don't know where I stand exactly on the Patriot Act, except that Ashcroft is one scary prick. I believe in doing what is neccesary to prevent further terrorism, but I'm not for giving up all of my civil liberties.

What civil liberties have you given up? Do you know what the Patriot Act even is? Do you have a clue?

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
What civil liberties have you given up?

I've asked this about 50x to various members on here that have complained about the Patriot Act - not a one gave a reasonable answer yet.

If you aren't a terrorist, drug smuggler or involved in shady activity - you have nothing to worry about.

Jim,

I will honestly admit that the Patriot Act confuses me. I guess Im not as smart as I pretend to be, eh? LOL

Seriously though, I have asked DK about this and gotten his opinion. Ive asked others and gotten thiers. What I am asking you is to please explain your interpretation of the patriot act. As I have stated, my main reason for being here is the desire to learn. I should know more than I do; Im aware of this. Better late than never.

Thanks!

I've come up with the answer to prevent sneak and peek searches.....3 inch steel doors on 15 ft steel poles 10 inches thick :p:

Originally posted by jimnyc
I've asked this about 50x to various members on here that have complained about the Patriot Act - not a one gave a reasonable answer yet.

If you aren't a terrorist, drug smuggler or involved in shady activity - you have nothing to worry about.

I know, it's like beating a dead horse.................

There seem to be a select few on this board that love to throw this crap out there and then not answer when called on it. The scary thing is they may actually believe it........

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I've come up with the answer to prevent sneak and peek searches.....3 inch steel doors on 15 ft steel poles 10 inches thick :p:

youre NOT helping, DK

:rolleyes:

:p:

And you know this how?
Yes, I know what the Patriot Act entails.

What worries me is that the U.S. is at risk of turning into a full-fledged surveillance society with surveillance-enabling technologies and the weakening of legal restraints that keep it from trampling privacy. But I'll admit, it's hard to keep track of these terrorist bastards.

If you read today's paper, you will also have an idea why some feel the Patriot Act ought to be repealed. Are you really surprised? Are you really that set on not having it repealed?

And you know this how?
Yes, I know what the Patriot Act entails.

Because I have read the act and I know who it targets. Tell me how the average, law abiding citizen has anything to worry about.

Because I have read the act and I know who it targets. Tell me how the average, law abiding citizen has anything to worry about.

Just for the sake of absolute clarity, the document does not give conditions as to who it SHOULD be used against. That is the big problem. It COULD be used against anyone.

Not being a "lib", but being the paranoid Constitutionalist, this certainly is the opposite type of power structure we SHOULD have, and if power corrupts, I want this thing repealled with all haste.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Just for the sake of absolute clarity, the document does not give conditions as to who it SHOULD be used against. That is the big problem. It COULD be used against anyone.

I disagree. The act clearly discusses terrorists, drug smugglers, money launderers...

And it can't be used against just anyone. Do you really think they are going to excercise a search warrant or something similar on you for no reason? They would need to bring their reasoning in front of a judge for approval.

I disagree. The act clearly discusses terrorists, drug smugglers, money launderers...

And it can't be used against just anyone. Do you really think they are going to excercise a search warrant or something similar on you for no reason? They would need to bring their reasoning in front of a judge for approval.

Since I had the text in full before and after it became law, I will go back and review it. You may be right, but I certainly do not recall that.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Man who really cares? Something has to be done to prevent sleeper cells that are probably already in place as we speak!
Get real people! paranoia comes along with those who have something to hide!

Against foreign or domestic enemies, we ALL have something to hide.

OUR LIBERTY.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
You wont have to much liberty if a terrorist blows your ass up now would you?

Which is why the 2nd ammendment should rule, not the gun controlling power hungry government.

You wont have to much liberty if a terrorist blows your ass up now would you?

Thats my point (in a way), SE.

When Ive had DK explain to me why he is so against it, all I can think is, if Im not doing anything wrong, then what do I have to worry about? The LITTLE I know of it sounds as if that all it could do is protect me and my family. And if there is something that can further protect my kids, well, Im all for it.

But then again, Ive not read the site that Jim sent yet - will do that in a few.....maybe my mind will be changed.....but I doubt it.

Originally posted by NewGuy
And you have the maturity of a 17 year old, but I didn't call you names or discard you as total crap.

Your loss.

lol - thats because he IS a child - 18, I think his profile said.

GOP guy, Im sorry that I made any disparaging remarks towards you - I didnt realize that you were a kid. ANd I argue enough with my own at home - Im certainly not going to do so here.

Hope you'll accept the apology

Well of course they didn't, liberals whine and can't back it up.

Forum List

Back