Kerry shows true self

Bully,

I know the whole, "botched joke" thing is the latest talking point the Dems are trying desperately to sell...and well, I can't say I'm suprised that you bought it...but come on, you're more intelligent than that.

You're asking us to believe that Kerry's speech writers wanted to make fun of Bush for being stupid for getting involved in Iraq...the problems with this are through the roof...to name just a few issues...Kerry is "dumber" than Bush in several documentable ways, Kerry voted for the war in Iraq...Kerry defended his decision to remain in Iraq throughout the election...

Plain and simple...if this was a bash at Bush than the speechwriter must be a Karl Rove operative because it would have reflected just as poorly on Kerry (if not worse) than it would have at Bush. Logically, it just wouldn't pass ANY global test that Kerry's writers put this in his speech this way...sorry.

If he had made a flub of such a magnitute...he would have corrected it. Kerry is first and foremost, a politician...the audience gasped and laughed at his statement...he knew what he said...if it was a "flub" he could certainly have added, "I'm talking about Bush, of course...since our troops are the wonderful young men and women who volunteered and have been lied to yada yada yada."

He didn't...instead he quickly switched into another topic.

If it was a flub...why would he get so downright hostile and mean in his response? I mean his "apology" to the troops...was more like hate mail to the President. If I had said something that could have been interpreted that way...I'd be apologizing to the troops first and pissing and moaning about how the opposing side was talking about what I said second.

But he isn't doing that...because he obviously isn't sorry....his entire speech was mean-spirited, nasty, petty whining about the President, Republicans, and people who voted for the President. He is a sad, bitter man who is acting like a child...a child perpetually surprised that someone would have the audacity to slap his hand when he says something rude or behaves like a spoiled, petulant brat.

The White House and the NRCC are grasping at this straw like a drowning man after any stray twig that will keep him afloat. It takes the focus off of Iraq. Republican candidates in tight races are treating Chimpy like kryptonite, telling him to stay away. Why? One word...Iraq.

Once again, into the breach of irrelevancy....

BTW Bully, if you DO believe the spin that the Kerry camp is putting on his words, that's your business. But I've seen more die-hard Democrats distancing themselves from Kerry than I have seen die-hard Republicans backing away from GWB. Just an observation.

Kerry screwed up...again....plain and simple.

He is refusing to apologize...again...plain and simple.

He is blaming others for his fuck ups and throwing temper tantrums...again...plain and simple.

Kerry is showing everyone why he should never be President of this country...again...plain and simple.

He is blaming others for his fuck ups and throwing temper tantrums...again...plain and simple.

Kerry is showing everyone why he should never be President of this country...again...plain and simple.

I'm waiting for the Dems to hand him a pistol with one slug in it-----or maybe he would prefer a sword to fall on?

Guess that explains why the Democrats are madder than hell at "sKerry" and are accusing him of putting the Democrats in a position of "grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory" AGAIN. If that doesn't ring a bell with you, guess you missed the Democrat talking heads on cable talk shows last night. Not one defended sKerry or tried to explain what he may have "intended" to say. They interpret sKerry's comments exactly the way the Republicans have and expressed their opinion that he should apologize.

As Stephanie has reminded us of Karl Rove's famous statement: Kerry is the gift that just keeps on giving and giving and giving........

Kerry was fine while he was sticking to his guns. That didn't last long though. The other Dems panicked early and played into the Republican talking points, nice job idiots.

As it stands now i'm sure Rove had a hard-on going for a few hours there.

On the bright side for the Dems nobody has cared about Kerry for awhile now, so the fallout should be minimal.

The White House and the NRCC are grasping at this straw like a drowning man after any stray twig that will keep him afloat. It takes the focus off of Iraq. Republican candidates in tight races are treating Chimpy like kryptonite, telling him to stay away. Why? One word...Iraq.

Iraq is the misbegotten child of the Bush administration and the GOP controlled Congress. And they can no longer keep this monster locked in the closet. It weighs on every Republican congressional candidate who has rubber-stamped every decision regarding Iraq made by Chimpy and Co. It is even weighing on those who haven't.

Iraq is the real issue the White House and GOP are hiding from. And they will do anything to escape the consequences, both political and legal, of the decisions made in the run up to the war and after the invasion. So, just remember, this dust-up over Kerry's flubbed joke at Chimpy's expense is all the GOP has. They are morally and intellectually bankrupt, they can no longer defend their policies in Iraq, so they duck and cover with anything they can grasp.

If the White House and the GOP are hiding from the Iraq Issue, why is President Bush stumping all across the country pounding it in how important Iraq is in the war on terror and how we need to see the job through?

You guys are out there pretending as though Republicans are scared of addressing the Iraq issue. It seems to me that the Republicans didn't get your memo.

It worked, didn't it. Iraq got knocked out of the headlines of the news cycle for two, now going on three days. Nuri al-Maliki, Iraq's prime-minister, ordered US troops to pack up their check points around Sadr City, these set up in an effort to find a US soldier kidnapped by insurgents. And the Shi'ite militias that support al-Maliki couldn't be happier, as they called this a "victory".

This got a brief blurb on the evening news, then disappeared under a hailstorm of phony indignation by Chimpy and Co over Kerry's gaff.

As for some of the candidates distancing themselves from Chimpy, ya got Lincoln Chaffee in Rhode Island, Bob Corker in Tennessee, Thomas Keane Jr in New Jersey, and John Hostettler from Indiana, among others. All are in tight races, and all have distanced themselves from Chimpy and his policies.

<blockquote>Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist says if Republican candidates want to succeed on Election Day, they should turn their focus away from the
Iraq war. - Bill Frist, 10/25/06</blockquote>

And thus are GOP candidates are trying to do, in droves. And this tempest in a teapot helped divert the attention from Iraq. But it keeps raising its bloody head every day, as more of our troops die and more Iraqi civilians lives are snuffed out, as Iraq descends into chaos. It overshadows and influences everything else. And given that some 80% of Americans think Chimpy's handling of the war to be excrable, doesn't the will of the people count in this matter? Or does it only count when the issue is something as inconsequential as same-gender unions?

It worked, didn't it. Iraq got knocked out of the headlines of the news cycle for two, now going on three days. Nuri al-Maliki, Iraq's prime-minister, ordered US troops to pack up their check points around Sadr City, these set up in an effort to find a US soldier kidnapped by insurgents. And the Shi'ite militias that support al-Maliki couldn't be happier, as they called this a "victory".

This got a brief blurb on the evening news, then disappeared under a hailstorm of phony indignation by Chimpy and Co over Kerry's gaff.

As for some of the candidates distancing themselves from Chimpy, ya got Lincoln Chaffee in Rhode Island, Bob Corker in Tennessee, Thomas Keane Jr in New Jersey, and John Hostettler from Indiana, among others. All are in tight races, and all have distanced themselves from Chimpy and his policies.

<blockquote>Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist says if Republican candidates want to succeed on Election Day, they should turn their focus away from the
Iraq war. - Bill Frist, 10/25/06</blockquote>

And thus are GOP candidates are trying to do, in droves. And this tempest in a teapot helped divert the attention from Iraq. But it keeps raising its bloody head every day, as more of our troops die and more Iraqi civilians lives are snuffed out, as Iraq descends into chaos. It overshadows and influences everything else. And given that some 80% of Americans think Chimpy's handling of the war to be excrable, doesn't the will of the people count in this matter? Or does it only count when the issue is something as inconsequential as same-gender unions?

Bingo...

I'm a little confused, this just shows what will happen if we pull out of Iraq. But its what you liberals want right? To pack up and leave? Or are you implying that if a Dem orders the pull out it wouldn't be a "victory" for the terrorists?

Originally Posted by Bullypulpit:

Happy with that are you Bully?

So its come to this for the cut, and run crowd huh?

Cheer when the United States is embarrassed by those they are trying to help, find something to celebrate, when a US soldier is kidnapped, and can't be found, declare victory along with international terrorist.

This one's for :piss2: YOU..:finger:

You're telling it like it is, Gem. I think's Kerry's political career is all but gone--maybe still viable in the state of Massachusetts where they also think Ted Kennedy is great. But I doubt we will ever see him as a candidate for President again.
For a man who thinks he is so educated and intelligent, Kerry is a darn-right fool.

[1]Kerry was fine while he was sticking to his guns. That didn't last long though. The other Dems panicked early and played into the Republican talking points, nice job idiots.

[2]As it stands now i'm sure Rove had a hard-on going for a few hours there.

[3]On the bright side for the Dems nobody has cared about Kerry for awhile now, so the fallout should be minimal.

1. Kerry was never fine. He continued to dig a hole for himself, now he's buried deep.
2. I think you are projecting your own sexual deviancies. This is about politics.
3. The fallout could be be 5-6 congressional seats that were too close to call. We are influencing the undecided, remember?

A local radio show here found Kerry's comments from back when he was saying the same stuff about Vietnam soldiers. There was an audio bit they played that could have easily been spoken more recently instead of 30some years ago. He pretty much said the EXACT SAME THING about the troops. The part that lets you know the era when he said it, is he said that he came back from Vietnam "less than a year ago". I wish I could find it myself.

Let me get this straight:

1)John kerry makes an unexcusable attack on our soldiers. Yet this is just some attempt by the Republicans to avoid the issue of Iraq

2)Meanwhile, Republicans, who are trying to avoid the topic of Iraq at all costs, are out there reinforcing the necessity of winning in Iraq.

Despite the obviously and loud stumping FOR the Iraq war, John Kerry's statements is just some trick by Karl Rove to get Iraq off the front page. Since when does Rove control Kerry?

On top of that, how does holding John Kerry accountable for his statements villifying the troops in Iraq avoid the topic of Iraq??? Looks to me that we are discussing Iraq. Which is helping us avoid this issue how?

Originally Posted by Bullypulpit:

Happy with that are you Bully?

So its come to this for the cut, and run crowd huh?

Cheer when the United States is embarrassed by those they are trying to help, find something to celebrate, when a US soldier is kidnapped, and can't be found, declare victory along with international terrorist.

This one's for :piss2: YOU..:finger:

No...I'm pissed 'cause Chimpy let 'em get away with it. We leave one of our own to the insurgents, and who knows what will happen to him. We should be turning Sadr City inside out to find him. So stuff your "cut-and-run" bullshit ya little puke. :asshole: :finger:

Forum List

Back