Kentucky’s coal miners museum switching to renewables

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
The Kentucky Coal Mining Museum in Benham, owned by Southeast KentuckyCommunity and Technical College, is switching to solar power to save money. ... The project includes 20 solar panelsinstalled by Bluegrass Solar. The owner of Bluegrass, Tre Sexton, believes the system will pay for itself.Apr 6, 2017

Kentucky coal museum switching to solar power - CNN

Kentucky Coal Mining Museum switches to solar power

Miners union leader: 'Coal's not back. Nobody saved the coal industry'

Promises made, promises broken.

• Banned
Just think, if Hillary Clinton had been elected president, those unemployed coal miners without healthcare would’ve already been trained for new jobs.

Just think, if Hillary Clinton had been elected president, those unemployed coal miners without healthcare would’ve already been trained for new jobs.
But to get those jobs, they'd have to leave home. Some will not leave a rural area for the city, and most couldn't afford it. Who is going to buy their property in a dying area? The price would never cover the price of a house "in town." The student loans they have to pay to be retrained come due in six months after graduation. How are they going to pay it if they can't find a job? Who pays the bills while Dad's in school? I'll bet some (maybe a lot) of them don't even have a high school diploma. Good paying jobs in the mine lure a lot of teenagers away from school; then when that job dries up they're shit out of luck.

In areas like theirs (and like ours) there is no easy fix that can show a lot of improvement in one political term.

Appalachia will continue to lose its people. The young will move away to make a living and the old folks will die, and in a hundred years it will be wilderness again, populated by a few die hard Republicans. It doesn't happen overnight, but it will happen.

The State and Local Governments can offer training programs to educate the workers in a new filed of work, so why do you need a President to do a State or Local government job?

Last edited:

The State and Local Governments can offer training programs to educate the workers in a new filed of work, so wht do you need a President to do a State or Local government job?
How they going to get the money, Bruce? The money trees?
Raise taxes on a bunch of people already unemployed and on welfare?
That's when the feds come in handy.

But to get those jobs, they'd have to leave home. Some will not leave a rural area for the city, and most couldn't afford it. Who is going to buy their property in a dying area? The price would never cover the price of a house "in town." The student loans they have to pay to be retrained come due in six months after graduation. How are they going to pay it if they can't find a job? Who pays the bills while Dad's in school? I'll bet some (maybe a lot) of them don't even have a high school diploma. Good paying jobs in the mine lure a lot of teenagers away from school; then when that job dries up they're shit out of luck.

In areas like theirs (and like ours) there is no easy fix that can show a lot of improvement in one political term.

Appalachia will continue to lose its people. The young will move away to make a living and the old folks will die, and in a hundred years it will be wilderness again, populated by a few die hard Republicans. It doesn't happen overnight, but it will happen.

Learning to drive a big rig is not as hard as you think. Also some can learn Nursing or Physical therapy that can keep them in their rural area and doing home health.

What is your solution?

Give them a check and say do not work?

The State and Local Governments can offer training programs to educate the workers in a new filed of work, so wht do you need a President to do a State or Local government job?

How about cutting programs that bureaucrats suckle from Old Lady?

Also Old Lady you might be surprise how much our government waste daily, so there is money if you would hold your government accountable!

What you want is most likely a check issued and tell them they are stupid and poor so do not work..

Learning to drive a big rig is not as hard as you think. Also some can learn Nursing or Physical therapy that can keep then in their rural area and doing home health.

What is your solution?

Give them a check and say do not work?
NO! As a matter of fact, there is already federal grant money out there to help pay students for post-graduate training. My school offers CNA training/certification a few times a year, and it seems there are never enough. Almost ALL of them get most or all of the class and equipment paid for by money that comes from the feds.
And we are doing a pilot program that is helping low income parents get through college. It's really successful so far, and most of the money comes from the feds. They are desperate to get people's income up without more welfare checks. It's a good idea but it just doesn't happen overnight.

Also Old Lady you might be surprise how much our government waste daily, so there is money if you would hold your government accountable!

What you want is most likely a check issued and tell them they are stupid and poor so do not work..
I really don't see how you could think that was my idea, based on what I said. Are you doing that damned "talking to me like I'm a Democrat bot" again? Because I won't talk to you if you are.

I really don't see how you could think that was my idea, based on what I said. Are you doing that damned "talking to me like I'm a Democrat bot" again? Because I won't talk to you if you are.

You are a Democrat Bot that believe the Federal Government is the only answer. You just wrote you have pilot programs but a CNA pay is low and you should be focusing on two year RN courses and PTA courses instead.

The payoff is higher salaries and more taxes collected.

Average pay for a CNA is barely over thr minimum wage and yes a good starter but the focus should be two year nursing schools and not just a three month certificate...

You are a Democrat Bot that believe the Federal Government is the only answer. You just wrote you have pilot programs but a CNA pay is low and you should be focusing on two year RN courses and PTA courses instead.

Average pay for a CNA is barely over thr minimum wage and yes a good starter but the focus should be two year nursing schools and not just a three month certificate...

Better way to pit it for you and the left is this:

CNA programs are great for kids directly out of H.S. that want to further their career in Nursing they could go with certificates in Medication Aid to increase their income.

But

As a career choice it is a low paying job that most can find better pay working at the Walmart while collecting government aid and not work as hard...

( I have been in the medical field for fifteen plus years )

So a further educational program is needed to help people move forward and obtain a RN license and a two year course is good enough.

So with the money you get from the Federal Government should have your State and Local governments add to the grant system that will help those wanting to further their education be able to.

Do you have any issue with that Old Lady?

Okay, no more talking with you, then.

Yeah, when provide evidence that CNA certificates are not something that pays much you run away...

Keep'em poor and hungry so the government can dictate to them how they should live...

Yeah, when provide evidence that CNA certificates are not something that pays much you run away...

Keep'em poor and hungry so the government can dictate to them how they should live...
You are a miserable fucking troll and I'm not wasting my time talking to you anymore. Screw you.

You are a miserable fucking troll and I'm not wasting my time talking to you anymore. Screw you.

Wow, I wrote another post and you ignored it and just screamed like you usually do.

I do not care if you write to me anymore and will remind you the next time you respond to me.

Now why is it you are upset with my response that Trotskies like you should focus more on better Nursing Education than those CNA programs?

I have no idea what you’re talking about. What jobs?

One of my favorite stories under the Obama administration is King Arthur’s specialty flour. It was one of those small companies that are out in rural America in Vermont. Under the Obama administration Internet was wired up in rural areas and King Arthur’s flour was one of them.
It’s a finely ground specialty flour used in high-end cakes. The flour is now sold all over the world. They have online classes for cooking and the business has expanded and all because of the Internet in their rural area.

That’s the kind of innovation that doesn’t bring the rural to the cities, but it brings competition to the rural areas. Thinking of real jobs who ever thought of specialty flour?

What are some of the other specialties we never thought of? Jobs that could come to rural areas? That’s because the Republicans are fucking awful and terrible people. They don’t look for ways to improve rural areas. They look for ways to screw them over and take what little they have. That’s who Republicans are.

Contact Us | King Arthur Flour

EFGVUwAWsAENrZn

After everything Trump has done to these people and how hard he’s working to take away their healthcare they still turn to him. That’s the sign of a cult and cult followers.

What I do not understand is why don't apartment buildings get into the solar panel energy and hot water heater bonanza. It would save money from the electric power plants that we pay our bills to. Solar panels and related equipment are real cheap according to you. Rent won't go up at all. Am I correct?

Forum List

Back