Kentucky Derby bans backpacks

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
You see backpacks everywhere - all schoolkids use them. If they are banned everywhere, a big industry is in trouble.

Kentucky Derby Bans Backpacks, Large Purses, Coolers... Hats Still OK

24 Apr 2013,
As sporting events increase security measures after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Kentucky Derby will ban backpacks, large purses, weapons, tents, luggage, and coolers for this year's annual "Run for the Roses" on May 4th.
According to an Associated Press report, authorities at Churchill Downs said most of the security measures will be the same as in years past, but new items have been added to the list of banned items.

Actually, when I had my antique store...I had customers with large purses and backpacks store said items behind the counter while they were in the store. Too easy to steal, with those things.

You see backpacks everywhere - all schoolkids use them. If they are banned everywhere, a big industry is in trouble.

24 Apr 2013,
As sporting events increase security measures after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Kentucky Derby will ban backpacks, large purses, weapons, tents, luggage, and coolers for this year's annual "Run for the Roses" on May 4th.
According to an Associated Press report, authorities at Churchill Downs said most of the security measures will be the same as in years past, but new items have been added to the list of banned items.

i couldnt help but notice

they left pressure cookers off the list

24 Apr 2013,

i couldnt help but notice

they left pressure cookers off the list

Here's a hat for the Derby

images

There's nothing I'd rather do than sip Mint Juleps wearing a backpack. :D

24 Apr 2013,

Did you not see this coming?

Actually, when I had my antique store...I had customers with large purses and backpacks store said items behind the counter while they were in the store. Too easy to steal, with those things.

Then it was easy for you to steal from the backpacks and purses.

Forum List

Back