Keep a Word Delete a Word 2.0

Pinto Kid

1589654483895.png

Ford Pinto! (I actually owned a few of these back in the day. I liked them.)

that was my very first car.

What was the WORST car you have owned
It was the SECOND car I ever owned. I had it for about FOUR days. I got hit making a left turn by someone who SEVERELY ran a red light. My car was totaled, but theirs appeared to be as well. I had THREE passengers in my car, my girlfriend at the time and her sister and HER boyfriend. VERY amazingly none of us were hurt, I BELIEVE we were all wearing seat belts. My very first car was a 1973 Buick LeSabre I bought from a friend's dad. I believe I got it for something like 300 dollars cash! I nicknamed it "The Land Barge", because the thing was HUGE. But it was in good shape and it ran well. My third and sixth vehicles (I THINK) were also Ford Pintos. I also totaled my second Pinto, again being hit by a person running a red light while making a left turn. The third one, it became non-driveable (sp.?) because it needed SO much engine work done on it. I believe I sold it to a co-worker's boyfriend/fiance for 200 bucks cash! He and a friend of his worked on the engine to get it up and running again. And the car was actually stranded in the driveway of the group home for mentally and physically handicapped adults where I worked. THAT was where I found that I couldn't drive it anymore! The group home manager, who lived in an apartment on the back of the home, was a REAL cool guy. He OK'ed the car being there until it was repaired. And I believe it took several days to get it up and running again.

It was the SECOND car I ever owned. I had it for about FOUR days. I got hit making a left turn by someone who SEVERELY ran a red light. My car was totaled, but theirs appeared to be as well. I had THREE passengers in my car, my girlfriend at the time and her sister and HER boyfriend. VERY amazingly none of us were hurt, I BELIEVE we were all wearing seat belts. My very first car was a 1973 Buick LeSabre I bought from a friend's dad. I believe I got it for something like 300 dollars cash! I nicknamed it "The Land Barge", because the thing was HUGE. But it was in good shape and it ran well. My third and sixth vehicles (I THINK) were also Ford Pintos. I also totaled my second Pinto, again being hit by a person running a red light while making a left turn. The third one, it became non-driveable (sp.?) because it needed SO much engine work done on it. I believe I sold it to a co-worker's boyfriend/fiance for 200 bucks cash! He and a friend of his worked on the engine to get it up and running again. And the car was actually stranded in the driveway of the group home for mentally and physically handicapped adults where I worked. THAT was where I found that I couldn't drive it anymore! The group home manager, who lived in an apartment on the back of the home, was a REAL cool guy. He OK'ed the car being there until it was repaired. And I believe it took several days to get it up and running again.

at least your gas tank didn't explode!

at least your gas tank didn't explode!
Yep! Thankfully I was never rear ended in any of the Pintos.

Forum List

Back