KC v Buffalo may be the game of the year.

Home field advantage may not be enough for Mahomes and his buddies. Both teams are coming off strong wins and both teams seem to have corrected the problems that had undercut them during the season. Both teams have talented Quarterbacks. I think Allen has gotten his own knife more sharpened.

The Bills have a terrific defense. They have some exceptional running threats and gifted receivers. Their offensive line has really started to protect Allen lately, too.

I am a partisan Bills fan. So, take your grain of salt. But I believe this is the Bills’ year. Bills for the win.

Home field advantage may not be enough for Mahomes and his buddies. Both teams are coming off strong wins and both teams seem to have corrected the problems that had undercut them during the season. Both teams have talented Quarterbacks. I think Allen has gotten his own knife more sharpened.

The Bills have a terrific defense. They have some exceptional running threats and gifted receivers. Their offensive line has really started to protect Allen lately, too.

I am a partisan Bills fan. So, take your grain of salt. But I believe this is the Bills’ year. Bills for the win.
Go Bills! :)

Definitely lived up to it's billing.

The overtime rules in the NFL have to change.

Just play a fifth period--10 minutes--none of this "sudden death" bullshit. If it ends in a tie, it ends in a tie. If it is in the playoffs...you play a sixth period.
Agreed. It’s a travesty we didn’t get to see Allen try and answer Maholmes.

Brandon Beane, Bills GM has the task to bolster the running game during the off-season and give Allen some much needed weapons in his arsenal. Now, that being said, This Allen/Mahomes rivalry will go on for years to come and I expect to see Buffalo and KC bouncing back and forth in the coming years.

Sorry. You’re going to have to wait another year. Lol.

Definitely lived up to it's billing.

The overtime rules in the NFL have to change.

Just play a fifth period--10 minutes--none of this "sudden death" bullshit. If it ends in a tie, it ends in a tie. If it is in the playoffs...you play a sixth period.
Disagree.

The last thing the NFL needs is games lasting forever.

If you can’t defeat your opponent in 60 minutes, then you deserve to lose in OT.

Disagree.

The last thing the NFL needs is games lasting forever.

If you can’t defeat your opponent in 60 minutes, then you deserve to lose in OT.
Ten minutes is forever?

Historically, playing a fifth quarter would not have added too many opportunities for injuries over and beyond 60 minutes of football. For example, In 2002, there were 25 games (a record) in the season that went into an overtime period. So to an 18 week season...that would add 250 minutes of football--4 hours and 10 minutes. In 2003, the Panthers had 5 overtime games (a record for one team). So with history as a guide, the most you'll be exposed to is 5 extra quarters over a season. Not super hazardous.

===
KC won--they didn't defeat the Bills in 60 minutes--they deserved to lose?

The biggest thing IMO that needs to happen is Buffalo needs to shore up its running game. Give Allen some new targets and give his own legs a breather.
And you need to keep together what you already have. Get better. Build on what you have. Keep free agents. Pick up new better players. Every other team is doing it.

What you know is you have a good QB. Like Dak Prescott good. Matthew Stafford good. But can or will he ever win the big game? Look at Russell Wilson. So close to back to back Superbowls, hasn't been even hardly an after thought since. Or Seattle has been good but never gotten back to what they once were with Beastmode and Sherman. Look at that Atlanta team who blew it against Brady. Oh well. There's always next year. Or is there. What's happened to Atlanta? Isn't his star receiver now on another team? Tennessee?

I'm hoping next year is Detroit's year. Fuck Buffalo. Shuffle off to Buffalo. lol

Ten minutes is forever?

Historically, playing a fifth quarter would not have added too many opportunities for injuries over and beyond 60 minutes of football. For example, In 2002, there were 25 games (a record) in the season that went into an overtime period. So to an 18 week season...that would add 250 minutes of football--4 hours and 10 minutes. In 2003, the Panthers had 5 overtime games (a record for one team). So with history as a guide, the most you'll be exposed to is 5 extra quarters over a season. Not super hazardous.

===
KC won--they didn't defeat the Bills in 60 minutes--they deserved to lose?
No question they need to change the rule. If the first team scores a TD, the other team gets a chance to come back and score one too. It's bullshit a coin toss decides.

No question they need to change the rule. If the first team scores a TD, the other team gets a chance to come back and score one too. It's bullshit a coin toss decides.
I guess. Hell at this point making it sudden death after both teams got the ball would be better. I still say just play an abbreviated fifth quarter.

nobody can articulate a good reason why they don’t

I guess. Hell at this point making it sudden death after both teams got the ball would be better. I still say just play an abbreviated fifth quarter.

nobody can articulate a good reason why they don’t
Making the players play longer. It's already a very dangerous sport to play. Gets sloppy and more dangerous after 4 quarters.

I like what the guy on tv said. Keep the rule the same in the regular season but change it in the playoffs. Yea, it's bullshit a coin toss cost the Bills the game. It's BULLSHIT. Maybe the Bills would have marched right down the field and scored back.

I got it. Each team gets a shot. Whoever scores quicker wins. It would make for an exciting overtime. No one would hand the ball off. It would be all passes. Starting on the 25. If you can't kick a field goal then you go for it on 4th down because no punting in OT. Just show us how good you can do and how quickly you can do it. Then we let the other team show us what they have starting on the 25. Go.

Forum List

Back