Kasich’s Tip For Hispanic Outreach: About $5

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Kasich tried but missed, bigtime, in his effort to be kind to Hispanics.

John Kasich told a California country club that Hispanic outreach was really important, that’s why he tips them when they clean his hotel room.
John Kasich likes Hispanics so much that he tips his hotel maid.

At least, that’s the message the Ohio governor communicated the day after the CNN Republican presidential debate when he talked about Hispanic outreach at a country club in Irvine, California.

“I look at our friends in the Latino community as people that ought to be voting Republican,” he said. “I mean, they’re very strong family. We can all learn a little bit from them about the importance of family, couldn’t we, ’cause they are great, they are god-fearing, hard-workin’ folks.”

Then, unfortunately, he kept talking.

“And, um, and a lot of them do jobs that they’re willing to do,” he continued. “That’s why in the hotel you leave a little tip.”
<more>

John Kasich told a California country club that Hispanic outreach was really important, that’s why he tips them when they clean his hotel room.

At least, that’s the message the Ohio governor communicated the day after the CNN Republican presidential debate when he talked about Hispanic outreach at a country club in Irvine, California.

“I look at our friends in the Latino community as people that ought to be voting Republican,” he said. “I mean, they’re very strong family. We can all learn a little bit from them about the importance of family, couldn’t we, ’cause they are great, they are god-fearing, hard-workin’ folks.”

“And, um, and a lot of them do jobs that they’re willing to do,” he continued. “That’s why in the hotel you leave a little tip.”
<more>

What is wrong with tipping?

<more>

What is wrong with tipping?
You're joking, Right?

Tips are a beautiful thing. It means is that your waiter isn't working for the restaurant, he is working your you. What that means is that the waiter will cut you a break once in awhile, giving you free drinks that aren't supposed to be free, etc.

I was in Reno on a business trip, and noted on the room service menu that the guests were not allowed to tip the waiter.

What I got from that hotel was the worst room service I ever had.

Well, good for us that we have an unbiased media ready to pounce on Republicans for the slightest faux pax.

Good thing for you liberals that Hillary Clinton is your candidate, she doesn't tip at all.

Chipotle manager says Hillary didn't tip

Since when does anyone tip at a fast food joint?

She didn't order, didn't pay so, if there was a tip jar, it wasn't up to her to tip.

Try again.

Well, good for us that we have an unbiased media ready to pounce on Republicans for the slightest faux pax.

Good thing for you liberals that Hillary Clinton is your candidate, she doesn't tip at all.

Chipotle manager says Hillary didn't tip

Since when does anyone tip at a fast food joint?

She didn't order, didn't pay so, if there was a tip jar, it wasn't up to her to tip.

Try again.
So you want to blame underlings instead of the woman in charge?

That's kind of what Obama always does.

Harry Truman had a sign on his desk, "The buck stops here."

And that's just the way it is.

The point is not all Hispanics work for tips.
That's not the point, he didn't even say that all Hispanics work for tips. But many do, and the tips they get are a matter of feeding their kids and not feeding their kids.
From the OP -
>
The assumption is right there.

Forum List

Back