Kari Lake election challenge "fizzles" at second day of trial

Let's play devils advocate for a second. Pretend that they did absolutely zero signature verification. Every signature was accepted without checking it.

Wouldn't that invalidate the ENTIRE election, and not just that for governor?

Would the court send pink slips to every elected official elected in 2020?

Let's play devils advocate for a second. Pretend that they did absolutely zero signature verification. Every signature was accepted without checking it.

Wouldn't that invalidate the ENTIRE election, and not just that for governor?

Would the court send pink slips to every elected official elected in 2020?

Yes

WW

If the courts pink slipped everybody elected in 2020, how would government function. Legally it would bring the legislature to a complete halt. Without a legislature, they can't pass a law to allow them to hold a special election.

If the courts pink slipped everybody elected in 2020, how would government function. Legally it would bring the legislature to a complete halt. Without a legislature, they can't pass a law to allow them to hold a special election.

I didn't' say it wouldn't cause chaos.

But from a logic standpoint. If the ballots are invalidated due to the governor race, then all subordinate races on the same ballot would also be thrown out.

The ballot is a single entity. It's either valid or not. You can't say (and be logically consistent) that this race is good and this race is bad. You can't pick and choose, it's a binary status.

WW

Under cross examination, Craig Morgan, an attorney representing the county, asked Speckin — who never actually examined any of the ballots or the comparison signatures — whether he could say that any ballots with mismatched signatures were counted.

He conceded he could not.

case closed.

I didn't' say it wouldn't cause chaos.

But from a logic standpoint. If the ballots are invalidated due to the governor race, then all subordinate races on the same ballot would also be thrown out.

The ballot is a single entity. It's either valid or not. You can't say (and be logically consistent) that this race is good and this race is bad. You can't pick and choose, it's a binary status.

WW
That's exactly the problem. That would invalidate the election of the legislative representatives. Who by state constitution and law, are required to pass any budget or law.

The functionality of the state would come to a halt at the end of the fiscal year.

That's exactly the problem. That would invalidate the election of the legislative representatives. Who by state constitution and law, are required to pass any budget or law.

The functionality of the state would come to a halt at the end of the fiscal year.

Correct.

But logically the ballot is either valid or not, good or bad, true or false.

There is no picking and choosing which race **ON** a ballot are invalid while other races on the same ballot are valid. Logically you can't say "well we are going to throw out the governors race, but wink, wink keep the other elections as valid."

WW

Troll time? Maybe.
1684515977724.jpeg

Correct.

But logically the ballot is either valid or not, good or bad, true or false.

There is no picking and choosing which race **ON** a ballot are invalid while other races on the same ballot are valid. Logically you can't say "well we are going to throw out the governors race, but wink, wink keep the other elections as valid."

WW
There is also the precept in law that there is no right where there is no remedy.

The courts do not have the power to invalidate an entire election, or to order a new one.

"I'm not even supporting trump".....;)

That's right, I'm a DeSantis supporter. I love living in Florida.

Democrats say: I'm too stupid to come up with my own talking points, so if you don't believe what Democrats told me to think, I'll just fit you in my bigoted, racist views anyway

It's as deep as it goes with you idiots

There is also the precept in law that there is no right where there is no remedy.

The courts do not have the power to invalidate an entire election.

The courts are going so far beyond their Constitutional powers now it's laughable. The founders considered the judiciary the weakest branch of government, so they just took the power when they realized there was no process to stop them

Totalitarianism is one extreme. What is the opposite extreme?
Can you really not understand this? The opposite of modern “totalitarianism” is precisely a representative political system combined with “division of power” in government providing “rule of law” and guarantees of individual rights.

This “free” form of social organization has historically evolved and been based on private property and capitalism, where constitutional or traditional rights, legal rights and eventually parliaments were demanded by new property owning classes in society. They gradually or via revolution replaced monarchies or aristocracies and feudal relations. Today, however, “freedom” must of necessity be preserved on the basis of modern mixed or largely corporation-based economy.

“Totalitarianism” is sometimes thought of primarily as a condition of enforced central control of information and ideology, in which case the opposite requires emphasizing freedom of conscience, a “free press” and “free speech” guarantees in society.

Left-wing or right-wing one-man or one-party “dictatorships,” even illiberal authoritarian states can — but not necessarily always will — take on “totalitarian” characteristics. This depends largely on whether they destroy the free expression of all alternative opinions, political organizations and the possibility of peacefully and regularly changing the single political power center.

Thus Stalin was a “totalitarian” “communist” and Hitler a “totalitarian” “fascist”. Both also had personality cults built around them — even though the ideology and the economic systems and the history and original culture of those two totalitarian societies were almost entirely different.

Hope that helps …

Last edited:

Forum List

Back