Kansas moves to implement $25 ATM withdrawal limit for welfare recipients

Welfare costs taxpayers an average of 34 dollars a year. Corporate welfare costs individual taxpayers over five thousand dollars a year. But which one do you choose to bitch about?

Dude your links and information is all out of date and fake as shit.

I'm guessing you have no clue what the current disbursements would be.................

This is from a 2015 article ..........

[Snip]
More recently, subsidy tracking group Good Jobs First released a report last year detailing where exactly taxpayer dollars are being funneled, and which states are the most likely to divvy up handouts. There are some surprises in the report, but many details won’t come as much of a shock at all. New York and Washington were the top two states for handing out corporate subsidies, with New York alone topping more than $20 billion across nearly 69,000 individual handouts. The data also shows that roughly 75% of disclosed subsidy dollars have gone to 965 big companies. The total known value of subsidies across the country came out at an estimated $110 billion, although its likely more.
The 8 Biggest Corporate Welfare Recipients in America

Current Spending: History and Charts for US Governments ...
UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

www.usgovernmentspending.com/current_spending
Federal welfare costs will come in at $376 billion, and federal education programs will cost about $149 billion. Interest on the national debt is estimated at $229 billion. State governments are "guesstimated" by usgovernmentspending.com to spend about $1.5 trillion in FY 2015.

So Mac the not spending of food stamps in a grocery store but instead obtaining the cash value to spend on products that would not be covered by food stamps if rung up properly in a grocery store.

Yet you claim this is political and does not pass the smell test.

Yet the situation that creates the need for these types of laws do.

I think your smeller is broke.

I mean you condone that nasty smelling shit, but have issues when trying to put sanity back into the situation.

So all this cash, what do you folks need to buy that the food stamp card can not be directly charged??

You can't draw cash off a food stamp benefit.

You really are a special kind of STUPID aren't you??

Should have just left it alone, but no your ignorant ass had to push it.

You can fucking read, correct??

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
Kansas has found the ultimate way to punish the poor
By Max Ehrenfreund May 21
imrs.php

(Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)
A dollar bill is a special kind of thing. You can keep it as long as you like. You can pay for things with it. No one will ever charge you a fee. No one will ask any questions about your credit history. And other people won't try to tell you that they know how to spend that dollar better than you do.

For these reasons, cash is one of the most valuable resources a poor person in the United States can possess. Yet legislators in Kansas, not trusting the poor to use their money wisely, have voted to limit how much cash that welfare beneficiaries can receive, effectively reducing their overall benefits, as well.

The legislature placed a daily cap of $25 on cash withdrawals beginning July 1, which will force beneficiaries to make more frequent trips to the ATM to withdraw money from the debit cards used to pay public assistance benefits.

Since there's a fee for every withdrawal, the limit means that some families will get substantially less money.

Kansas has found the ultimate way to punish the poor - The Washington Post

I repeat. You can't draw cash off a food stamp benefit.
Yes you can , I have seen the ATM machines down here that have notes on them

You cannot get cash from an EBT card unless you have a cash balance.

that's how much the left live in their own little bubble. they don't have a clue about REAL LIFE

True. Which is why they struggle. And are easily manipulated by the government.
Really? How does the govt. manipulate the left?

Keeps them in poverty while buying their votes.

YEP, vote for Democrats:
we'll keep you without hope and dependent of taxpayers (government).
that's just OFFENSIVE as hell. how anyone can belong in that party is beyond me. they do the same thing with black people. they STRUT around crowing how they always vote Democrat: it's like they OWN THEM.

that's how much the left live in their own little bubble. they don't have a clue about REAL LIFE

True. Which is why they struggle. And are easily manipulated by the government.
Really? How does the govt. manipulate the left?

Keeps them in poverty while buying their votes.

No it doesn't. Where you people get these ideas is such a mystery.

this was an older thread where they were ATTACKING Republicans for the very same BS. in THIS OBAMA economy, I can't AFFORD to by steak and seafood. They don't care about the people on welfare. they just USE them to beat Republicans down with. gawd wake up they are so transparent

Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood
its really that bad steph? I'm me and I will send you a gift certificate to red lobster or something...

So Mac the not spending of food stamps in a grocery store but instead obtaining the cash value to spend on products that would not be covered by food stamps if rung up properly in a grocery store.

I mean you condone that nasty smelling shit, but have issues when trying to put sanity back into the situation.

So all this cash, what do you folks need to buy that the food stamp card can not be directly charged??

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
imrs.php

A dollar bill is a special kind of thing. You can keep it as long as you like. You can pay for things with it. No one will ever charge you a fee. No one will ask any questions about your credit history. And other people won't try to tell you that they know how to spend that dollar better than you do.

For these reasons, cash is one of the most valuable resources a poor person in the United States can possess. Yet legislators in Kansas, not trusting the poor to use their money wisely, have voted to limit how much cash that welfare beneficiaries can receive, effectively reducing their overall benefits, as well.

The legislature placed a daily cap of $25 on cash withdrawals beginning July 1, which will force beneficiaries to make more frequent trips to the ATM to withdraw money from the debit cards used to pay public assistance benefits.

Since there's a fee for every withdrawal, the limit means that some families will get substantially less money.

No you have to have TAFDC, SNAP can not be drawn in cash.

Which makes all the points about going to an ATM for food money moot.

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
imrs.php

You doubling down on STUPIDITY, I see ..............

[Snip]

How to Access Cash and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits

Electronic Benefit Transfer: How to use your EBT Card

All Food Stamps & Most Cash Benefits Are Distributed By EBT

Welcome to EBT! Your food stamp benefits and/or cash assistance benefits are kept in special accounts for you until you want to use them. The following information tells you how.
PDFTax.gif
For an Adobe Acrobat brochure, click here.
cebtcard.gif

How to Use Your Card at the Store

1. Before you shop, check your last receipt to find out how much money is in your account, or call 1-888-328-2666 for your balance

2. Look for the Quest® mark on the door or the window of the store.

3. At check-out, your card is swiped

4. Enter your secret PIN on the number pad, then press Enter.

5. Tell the clerk how much money to enter or enter the amount yourself. Remember, you can only buy eligible food items with your food benefits.

6. Always check your receipt to make sure that the amount on the EBT receipt is the same as the grocery receipt.

To Get Cash at the Store

1. Get your balance by looking at your receipt, or call 1-888-328-2666.

2. Look for the Quest® mark.

3. Your card is swiped.

4. Enter your secret PIN on the number pad, then press Enter.

5. Tell the clerk how much money to enter or enter the amount yourself.

6. Check to make sure the amount on the receipt is the same as the amount of cash you received.

How to Use Your EBT Card at a Cash Machine (ATM)

1. Always follow directions on the ATM.

2. Enter your secret PIN.

3. Press Withdrawal.

4. Press Checking.

5. Enter the dollar amount you want.

6. Take your cash from the machine.

7. Wait for your card and receipt.

8. Check the receipt to make sure it is the same as the amount you got.

9. DO NOT count your money at the machine.

DSS How to Access Cash and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP Benefits

You just proved that you have to have a cash assistance balance on your EBT card to get cash out.

Your food stamp account balance does NOT convert to cash if you have no cash in the account.

You've proven me right.

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
imrs.php

No you have to have TAFDC, SNAP can not be drawn in cash.

Which makes all the points about going to an ATM for food money moot.

Why are you saying 'NO' when you're agreeing I was right in the first place?

Your statement was that you had to have a cash balance.

TAFDC never entered the conversation until I mentioned it.

Your post implied because it did not specify otherwise that you could get cash off a SNAP card with a cash balance.

this was an older thread where they were ATTACKING Republicans for the very same BS. in THIS OBAMA economy, I can't AFFORD to by steak and seafood. They don't care about the people on welfare. they just USE them to beat Republicans down with. gawd wake up they are so transparent

Missouri Republicans are trying to ban food stamp recipients from buying steak and seafood
its really that bad steph? I'm me and I will send you a gift certificate to red lobster or something...

oh my that is sweet. No we are holding our head above water so far. My guy had open heart surgery and has been off work for nine months now. but he's 28 years with Ford so we still get some monies every week.
But the damn prices of food today. OMG I don't how some people are making it. but I damn sure wouldn't go crawl on welfare even though we probably could have during this struggle. I'd get a second job or something. I have more PRIDE. something that is lacking in the people in this day and age.
that was touching though. :smiliehug:

oh well, it's their STATE they can do what they want. I guess all you on welfare won't be moving there eh.
Guess who pays the price to drag red states out of the holes they dig themselves?
What the fuck?
Are you smoking crack or something what state in the south was rich?

I will wait....

I know right. that's from people in a blue state. riding that high horse, when they really should SHOOT it they've broken it down

oh my that is sweet. No we are holding our head above water so far. My guy had open heart surgery and has been off work for nine months now. but he's 28 years with Ford so we still get some monies every week.
But the damn prices of food today. OMG I don't how some people are making it. but I damn sure wouldn't go crawl on welfare even though we probably could have during this struggle. I'd get a second job or something. I have more PRIDE. something that is lacking in the people in this day and age.

Open heart surgery you say??

Was that a valve implant or what type of interior heart procedure was that??

Bypass maybe??

Little plumbing work on the outside from clogged arteries??

Open heart surgery you say??

Was that a valve implant or what type of interior heart procedure was that??

Bypass maybe??

Little plumbing work on the outside from clogged arteries??

Four of them, one blocked carotid artery in the neck and a cancer taken off the top of his left lung. Just finished up 12 weeks of chemotherapy. He's a tough old Harley riding pipefitter guy. BUT this one kicked his a ass a little bit. We are deciding if he's going to back to work or take medical retirement. like I said he has 28years in with Ford.

The offer will always stand, I am always helping out neighbors and friends, money don't mean much to me, I can always work more hours and get more....

I guess that's why I will never vote democrat because I don't need hand outs just give me jobs and I will do the rest

People collecting welfare should not be allowed to vote

Does that include the mortgage interest deduction?

Apparently, you don't understand the definition of welfare. You might to look it up.

It's all money. The mortgage deduction is someone's free money at someone else's expense.

So instead of welfare, we should give them a mortgage deduction?

oh well, it's their STATE they can do what they want. I guess all you on welfare won't be moving there eh.
Guess who pays the price to drag red states out of the holes they dig themselves?

Please, you blue states hardly have any money for yourselves. they tax you out the ass for everything and anything.... rent OMG to live in some cement jungle with a bunch of rude people.SO sit down. that is so old and tiring none of you are any better than anyone else

Wow Staph...so much HATE for the urban dwellers. You know, I live in a blue state, have plenty of extra money and am sitting on 10 acres of gorgeous California redwoods. You?

The offer will always stand, I am always helping out neighbors and friends, money don't mean much to me, I can always work more hours and get more....

I guess that's why I will never vote democrat because I don't need hand outs just give me jobs and I will do the rest

thank you dear. and that's why I could never be a Democrat. they don't see people as individuals, human beings. they make them all helpless and victims so they can USE them for their own DIRTY politics. I find it and them Offensive

Forum List

Back