Kamala Harris: Of Course We Must Regulate How Much Meat Americans Are Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Obama did a great service as the first lady, she really cared about children unlike the current first lady.

If you consider creating waste a great service, I would agree.

Students Throw Away 85 Percent of Vegetables: Michelle ...
...https://www.bing.com/search?q=kids+...a6aa6fce44fcb974&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#

Americans are obese. that's not a threat, it's a fact. So is heart and vascular disease, cancer and diabetes.

That's not the question. The question is whether government should have the power to tell us what to eat.

Telling the people what is good and healthy is a far cry from forcing them to do so. However, IMO tobacco needs to be placed on the Schedule I list of drugs, and its production, farming to be outlawed. Since you are so concerned about money, read this:

Smoking-related illness in the United States costs more than $300 billion each year, including:

. . . and you folks have the unmitigated gall to call Trump a dictator?

That truly does take some nerve. . . .

:heehee:

Beale, get you head out of the ass of trump, I didn't call him a dictator, he is a megalomaniac and a wannabe dictator; it is people like you who inflate this man-child's ego.

A dietary guideline isn't a regulation. Very dishonest headline from TownHell. She said we should eat less red meat. She's correct.

Couldn't agree more. However, that's not to say I would turn a blind eye to the situation. Look at tobacco, I'd hate to go into the local supermarket and see ground beef going for $55 per pound.

And I'd even argue that establishing "dietary guidelines" is an abuse of government power - power that will surely be used by politicians to reward lobbyists and punish detractors.

5201614_g.jpg

Is that supposed to be a complete meal for anyone, even a child?

I think that even as a young child, that would have been nowhere near adequate for me. Even as a young child, if that was my lunch, I'd still be hungry after I ate all of it, and I would have been even thinner and frailer than I already was if I was allowed to have only that much for lunch every day.

During a CNN town hall special about climate change Wednesday night, Democrat Senator Kamala Harris was asked if she would be willing to change federal eating guidelines for the sake of saving the planet if she became president. She agreed with a questioner who argued Americans should be eating less meat and that the government should force them into other dietary habits.

"Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich
When I was in China two years ago a woman in the communist party, who works with the UN, talked all about the necessity of changing eating habits and eliminating meat. By government force. This is communism and 2020 Democrats are fully embracing it.
"

Progs want to control everyone's behavior.

Wow, another silly RED SCARE, how prosaic.

That said, my family still enjoys meat, but we don't eat it at every meal, and have followed the advice of doctors to cut down saturated fats.

In fact Sunday my sons, daughter-in-law and grandsons will enjoy a four pound Filet Mignon Roast (Choice, not Prime) for supper; sides of Creamed Spinach, Roasted Potato and Green Beans.

And if people like Kamala get their way you will either pay more in "sin" taxes for that, or have to explain to your Obamacare doctor why you are eating it.

The cost for the roast was $80.59, equivalent to two extra large combination pizzas. The roast will be mostly gone on the same it will be cooked, the pizza leftover will be breakfast and possibly eaten for dinner the next day.

The latter, pizza, was a choice in most elementary school cafeterias, along with a sugar pops breakfast, the students will be hooked on sugars, salt and fat. Michelle Obama did a great service as the first lady, she really cared about children unlike the current first lady.

"Sin" tax? That tax was paid to the hospital, the doctors and the pharmacy who provide the life saving treatment for a life of unhealthful eating.

Explain government control increases however you like, it's still statism and you are still a statist stooge.

Americans are obese. that's not a threat, it's a fact. So is heart and vascular disease, cancer and diabetes.

That's not the question. The question is whether government should have the power to tell us what to eat.

Telling the people what is good and healthy is a far cry from forcing them to do so. However, IMO tobacco needs to be placed on the Schedule I list of drugs, and its production, farming to be outlawed. Since you are so concerned about money, read this:

Smoking-related illness in the United States costs more than $300 billion each year, including:

Beale, get you head out of the ass of trump, I didn't call him a dictator, he is a megalomaniac and a wannabe dictator; it is people like you who inflate this man-childs ego.
And it's that ego that keeps him trying to fulfill the campaign promises............the biggest one is stopping the left from control of SCOTUS...............that has been achieved in spades........

Your side LOST BIG...............YUGE........the 4 year temper tantrum proves it.........

A dietary guideline isn't a regulation. Very dishonest headline from TownHell. She said we should eat less red meat. She's correct.

Couldn't agree more. However, that's not to say I would turn a blind eye to the situation. Look at tobacco, I'd hate to go into the local supermarket and see ground beef going for $55 per pound.

It would definitely cut down on consumption! The thing is the same was said about cigarettes! Seen them as low as 10 cents a pack and now my mom has no problem paying $14-15 a pack today! I just don't know anymore after the election of Trump! Up is down, right is left, and everything "fake" according to him! Fk, how do we recover from this era of insanity? :p

The fact that the Far left even asks that question shows THEY ARE INSANE.............

Wanting to regulate cows and red meat that the world loves.............

The sooner they are laughed out of town for even asking it the better..............

The Fact they think they have the right to tell others what to eat........well keep your powder dry folks.

The problem with conservatives and Republicans is even if it's just a "suggestion," they lose their fk'n minds and invoke "Big Brother!" It's so tiring; esp. when those animals were attacking Michelle Obama for planting of a garden on the WH grounds to encourage better eating habits!

You tyrannical left wrong-wing filth are never content to just have government make “suggestions” and then leave We the People free to follow them or not. Your “suggestions” always lead to government thinking it can impose penalties and punishments for failure to comply with them.

Always.

There is one thing that I find amusing.

For decades, Democraps were very fond of falsely accusing Republicans of wanting to starve schoolchildren.

But it was one of your own, Michelle Obama, who put forth the policies that led to it actually happening; that resulted in schoolchildren being hungry and malnourished.

Once again, it only goes to show how modern LIbEralism is a mental disease.

If you listen carefully to what Harris said, "government incentives" we all know what that means. OBEY or be PUNISHED, FINED, PRICE GOUGED into OBEDIENCE to the liberal world view.

Try that shit down here BLM............make sure you have medical insurance.....you will need it.

During a CNN town hall special about climate change Wednesday night, Democrat Senator Kamala Harris was asked if she would be willing to change federal eating guidelines for the sake of saving the planet if she became president. She agreed with a questioner who argued Americans should be eating less meat and that the government should force them into other dietary habits.

"Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich
When I was in China two years ago a woman in the communist party, who works with the UN, talked all about the necessity of changing eating habits and eliminating meat. By government force. This is communism and 2020 Democrats are fully embracing it.
"

That said, my family still enjoys meat, but we don't eat it at every meal, and have followed the advice of doctors to cut down saturated fats.

In fact Sunday my sons, daughter-in-law and grandsons will enjoy a four pound Filet Mignon Roast (Choice, not Prime) for supper; sides of Creamed Spinach, Roasted Potato and Green Beans.

And if people like Kamala get their way you will either pay more in "sin" taxes for that, or have to explain to your Obamacare doctor why you are eating it.

The cost for the roast was $80.59, equivalent to two extra large combination pizzas. The roast will be mostly gone on the same it will be cooked, the pizza leftover will be breakfast and possibly eaten for dinner the next day.

The latter, pizza, was a choice in most elementary school cafeterias, along with a sugar pops breakfast, the students will be hooked on sugars, salt and fat. Michelle Obama did a great service as the first lady, she really cared about children unlike the current first lady.

"Sin" tax? That tax was paid to the hospital, the doctors and the pharmacy who provide the life saving treatment for a life of unhealthful eating.
Let's cut to the chase, Rye. You can just say that you're for the government dictating what is consumed and what isn't.
From all that I heard, what Michelle dictated the children to eat in school tasted like crap. That IS NOT THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNMENT
You are a communist, Rye.

You're an idiot, Meister.

Q. Do you have kids. If you do, do you read labels or don't you really care about children?

Q. Do you smoke, and ignore the warning sign on the package?

What you need to consider is not that the government would force people to eat less meat, but what this current government is doing to democracy in America. That you can't see what Trump has done and is doing is why I call you an idiot.

"Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich
"

Let's cut to the chase, Rye. You can just say that you're for the government dictating what is consumed and what isn't.
From all that I heard, what Michelle dictated the children to eat in school tasted like crap. That IS NOT THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNMENT
You are a communist, Rye.

You're an idiot, Meister.

Q. Do you have kids. If you do, do you read labels or don't you really care about children?

Q. Do you smoke, and ignore the warning sign on the package?

What you need to consider is not that the government would force people to eat less meat, but what this current government is doing to democracy in America. That you can't see what Trump has done and is doing is why I call you an idiot.
I ignore you because you suck..............I don't have to listen to you.........It's not the same as saying we disagree when shitholes like Cali mandate to others what they don't believe in.

Then you wonder why people leave...........lol

You don't have a clue what the Republic is about or the term Freedom.

You know it.............she [Kamala Harris] is a liar...........just not hated like Hillary…

Not yet, anyway. Put her in a position of power and prominence, for all the world to see, and that will surely change.

Not sure it's a fair comparison, though.

Hitlary Clinton is intelligent, and cunning, and as corrupt and evil as they come.

Kamala Harris is similarly corrupt and evil, but has nowhere near the intelligence, cunning, or other ability to pull it off or hide it.

Beale, get you head out of the ass of trump, I didn't call him a dictator, he is a megalomaniac and a wannabe dictator; it is people like you who inflate this man-child's ego.
I guess it's better to be a "wannabe dictator" dictator, than an actual dictator, eh?

Nothing like ignoring the courts telling you what you are doing is unconstitutional and continuing to do it anyway. :auiqs.jpg: . . . and then provoking extremists to take action.

sigh.

Well I suppose a hamburger a day and a pack of smokes a day are two different things, and have different impacts on one's health.

"Katie Pavlich
@KatiePavlich
"

Cool story.
Now... do you support politicians and their bureaucratic stooges regulating what we can and can’t eat, how much, etc?

It’s a yes or no.

Calling her own words a “scare tactic” is dishonest, diversionary, and orrery damn ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back