Just when you thought there were no good Democrats left

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio Supreme Court justice is criticizing some Cleveland Browns players who prayed in silent protest during the national anthem before a game.

Justice Bill O’Neill writes on Facebook he won’t attend any games at which “draft dodging millionaire athletes disrespect the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field.” He said Tuesday “shame on you all.”

O’Neill notes he’s a Vietnam veteran whose family has a history of military service. He’s also the lone Democrat holding a statewide office in Ohio.

More than a dozen Browns players kneeled and formed a circle on the sideline during the anthem Monday. Tight end Seth DeValve says he wanted “to pray for our country.”

Browns linebacker Christian Kirksey talked to FOX 8 News on Tuesday, and said, “Respect to all the veterans, respect to the military — we are not protesting against them. We have our reasons for doing what we did, and last night felt like the right time to do it, and that’s why we did it.”

The protest was the largest in a social-consciousness movement started last season by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick currently a free agent.

Ohio Supreme Court justice blasts Browns over anthem protest

I say good for him. A man that served our country realizing the anti-American stances taken by these un-appreciative Americans who are millionaires because they do live in this great country.

I for one will never turn on a Browns game unless they apologize and take measures to assure us Clevelanders they will never allow their players to embarrass us again; especially on national TV. Like this Democrat judge, I find their actions distasteful, disrespectful, and using God and prayer to take the heat off is also sacrilegious and cowardly.

Screw them. Boycott all Cleveland Browns games and products if you are a real American.

Quit buying their shit and dump sports with your TV provider....most satellite and cable companies are offering non sports packages. The only way to hit them is in the wallet

Quit buying their shit and dump sports with your TV provider....most satellite and cable companies are offering non sports packages. The only way to hit them is in the wallet

Well........I still like our Indians and the Cavs are still doing great. As for the Browns and others, screw them.

What I could never understand is how they allow politics into sports. I mean......if people in public take a political stance on either side, you get approval from half of your audience and piss off the other half. Keep your opinions to yourself or at least out of the entertainment field, you piss off nobody.

The NFL must be run by some real dunces. It seems they get more involved with politics every year. Now they even booted off a sports announcer from a game because his name was Robert Lee. He's an Asian American for crying out loud!

e won’t attend any games at which “draft dodging millionaire athletes disrespect the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field.”

Not to rain on the judge's valuable sentiment ... but I highly doubt any of those athletes are old enough to ever have dodged a draft. They'd have to be over 60.

Most (or all) have probably never voluntary joined the military either.

This army veteran says that the ones not standing are exercising their freedom to do as such..Whether I agree with it or not is not the issue...

The judge is wrong. Those men are honoring those who fought and still fight to preserve the right to demonstrate peacefully in this nation.

Demonstrate is one thing. Disrespecting our flag or anthem is down right anti-American. Those solders fought for that flag and anthem.

e won’t attend any games at which “draft dodging millionaire athletes disrespect the veterans who earned them the right to be on that field.”

Not to rain on the judge's valuable sentiment ... but I highly doubt any of those athletes are old enough to ever have dodged a draft. They'd have to be over 60.

Most (or all) have probably never voluntary joined the military either.

That is very likely true. But most American citizens don't serve any more.

The judge is wrong. Those men are honoring those who fought and still fight to preserve the right to demonstrate peacefully in this nation.

Demonstrate is one thing. Disrespecting our flag or anthem is down right anti-American. Those solders fought for that flag and anthem.

You are ignorant and wrong.

You are ignorant and wrong.

Anyone who disagrees with me is ignorant/deplorable/racist ...

hillary_rant.jpg

Gee ... I just can't figure out how you guys lost the election.

Perhaps they were just practicing for all their future victory formations. :lol:

Forum List

Back