Just When You Thought Schools Couldn't Get Worse....

"Since the advent of lockdowns, parents have been catching glimpses of what's actually being taught in school. Because I send my daughter to a religious school that shares our values, I've gotten off easy. Many parents are discovering content—much of it lectures and online material that appear in no textbook—stunningly radical, devoid of rigor and apparently calculated to alarm.

"The only way to characterize the messages being pushed are the words 'negative,' 'nihilistic' and 'anxiety-inducing,'" said Luke Rosiak, an investigative journalist who's been following what's being taught in secondary schools for over a year. "The prospect that adults are inducing depression and hopelessness in children to further political aims is something that I think should disturb anyone."

In Virginia, an elementary school teacher used a slide to teach her students that "objectivity" and "individualism" are part of a "white supremacy culture." In New York, a third-grade teacher directed children to count the races represented in the characters in their books in lieu of a math lesson. In Washington state, a high school used Ibram X. Kendi's How to Be an Antiracist as the basis for a 40-slide indictment of America as a nation overwhelmed by systemic racism and informed its students that they, too, are racist. Any doubt of their own racism, students were assured, merely reflected their inability to apprehend their own implicit biases.

"When you see what they're actually being taught, you think, 'This is stuff that almost no one in America thinks is true,' but we've got 60 million kids being told by an authority figure that it's a fact," Rosiak told me.

My own investigation into the California public school system last year unearthed a radical gender ideology pushed on children as young as five that was deliberately concealed from parents. Some of the most explicit materials were viewed in class, not to be taken home where parents might see it—material that, before quarantine, was not easily monitored."

Of course there are radical leftist professors at colleges and universities. There have been for over 40 years. That context allows for it. Far less so when you look at K 12. Teachers are much too busy, and curricular are much too tightly scheduled to allow time for pontification of political views or programs of indoctrination. It just doesn’t happen. Some teachers have radical views, and some may mention them to their students, which is of course unethical. There is no widespread promotion or conspiracy to brainwash anybody. Over more than a quarter of a century you would think that I would have run into some hint of this if it were so. But I have not. Ask any teacher posting here if they have. All of this hysteria comes exclusively from those with no experience or background in teaching. That should tell you something. stop looking for an easy answer to a difficult problem.

To those most convinced of this grand conspiracy, having students read “to kill a mockingbird” (A somewhat tedious and simple novel, but not a threat to the republic) amounts to brainwashing. At some point it gets a little silly.

By the way, anyone who thinks there are not just as many teachers at private schools who hold personal political views that are quite liberal is mistaken.

Anyone who thinks there is some political litmus test for being hired as a teacher is also mistaken.

There is no number one cause, there is no number 10 cause. It is all one large problem.
You are blind to reality.

Schools no longer teach, they indoctrinate.

That is the explanation for the lack of learning by American students:

1602872648259.png

PISA - PISA - OECD

www.oecd.org › pisa

PISA is the OECD's Programme for International Student Assessment. PISA measures 15-year-olds' ability to use their reading, mathematics and science ...

PISA Test - PISA

1602872421819.png

By the way, anyone who thinks there are not just as many teachers at private schools who hold personal political views that are quite liberal is mistaken.

How about vouchers and tax deductions for home schoolers.

That's called freedom.

Anyone who thinks there is some political litmus test for being hired as a teacher is also mistaken.

No one said that.

Many people on this forum have said that many times. In fact, this forum has become the equivalent of the race relations forum in that no one seems to come here with any interest in discussing the actual topic of the forum. They only come here to vent and scream and hate and accuse. It’s a real shame. I have tried to start ribs about education, but no one is interested in that.

It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day and not just looking for stories on the Internet. Not sure how that one works. It is very strange to be told what happens in schools by people who are not in schools to people who are in schools every single day. How does that work? It is extremely odd to be told that schools indoctrinate when I am in schools all the time for over a quarter of a century and most assuredly have not indoctrinated or brainwashed anyone. I have not seen any of the Mani Mani hundreds and hundreds of teachers that work with indoctrinate or brainwash anyone. I have never seen any of the pins in tens of thousands of students have worked with subject to indoctrination or walking around in some zombie like state of brainwashing. Not sure how any of that is supposed to work. But everyone who is actually a teacher and shares first-hand information about what happens in schools and classrooms apparently don’t know nearly as much as people Who search for stories on the Internet. It’s all quite unusual.

It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day and not just looking for stories on the Internet. Not sure how that one works. It is very strange to be told what happens in schools by people who are not in schools to people who are in schools every single day. How does that work? It is extremely odd to be told that schools indoctrinate when I am in schools all the time for over a quarter of a century and most assuredly have not indoctrinated or brainwashed anyone. I have not seen any of the Mani Mani hundreds and hundreds of teachers that work with indoctrinate or brainwash anyone. I have never seen any of the pins in tens of thousands of students have worked with subject to indoctrination or walking around in some zombie like state of brainwashing. Not sure how any of that is supposed to work. But everyone who is actually a teacher and shares first-hand information about what happens in schools and classrooms apparently don’t know nearly as much as people Who search for stories on the Internet. It’s all quite unusual.d

"It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day..."

That's nothing more than self-serving nonsense.

Or.....if you persist.....let's see you refute any of the dozen and a half fully documented examples I provided.

It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day and not just looking for stories on the Internet. Not sure how that one works. It is very strange to be told what happens in schools by people who are not in schools to people who are in schools every single day. How does that work? It is extremely odd to be told that schools indoctrinate when I am in schools all the time for over a quarter of a century and most assuredly have not indoctrinated or brainwashed anyone. I have not seen any of the Mani Mani hundreds and hundreds of teachers that work with indoctrinate or brainwash anyone. I have never seen any of the pins in tens of thousands of students have worked with subject to indoctrination or walking around in some zombie like state of brainwashing. Not sure how any of that is supposed to work. But everyone who is actually a teacher and shares first-hand information about what happens in schools and classrooms apparently don’t know nearly as much as people Who search for stories on the Internet. It’s all quite unusual.d

"It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day..."

Or.....if you persist.....let's see you refute any of the dozen and a half fully documented examples I provided.

How is simply telling the truth “self-serving nonsense “? And why would I try to refute articles that you found somewhere? I don’t doubt that you found them or that they are likely true. What I am telling you is that the sweeping generalizations and somewhat cookie conspiracy theories you conclude from them are in accurate based upon a very very long period of experience expertise and knowledge about the actual subject. I don’t see what there is to bicker over so much. There are four or five actual teachers will post here with some regularity. Find one of them who disputes in large part what I’m telling you. Why wouldn’t you believe people who work in the field? Would you tell doctors that they don’t know what is going on in hospitals? Would you tell police officers they have no idea what happens in police station? Seems like a lot of angst and little purpose.

How is simply telling the truth “self-serving nonsense “? And why would I try to refute articles that you found somewhere? I don’t doubt that you found them or that they are likely true. What I am telling you is that the sweeping generalizations and somewhat cookie conspiracy theories you conclude from them are in accurate based upon a very very long period of experience expertise and knowledge about the actual subject. I don’t see what there is to bicker over so much. There are four or five actual teachers will post here with some regularity. Find one of them who disputes in large part what I’m telling you. Why wouldn’t you believe people who work in the field? Would you tell doctors that they don’t know what is going on in hospitals? Would you tell police officers they have no idea what happens in police station? Seems like a lot of angst and little purpose.

I can see it is impossible for you to give up the views you had as a child.

Facts bounce off your 'beliefs' like water off a duck.

OK.

OK.

What "views had as a child"? I can assure you that I never gave a thought to the teaching profession or the undermining of society by creeping (and now galloping) liberalism when I was a child. Frankly, I don't see why you are so eager to disagree with me. I am merely telling you the truth. I agree with your underlying premise that liberalism is a corrosive factor in our society. In fact, I see the problem on a larger scale than you seem to recognize.

My actual, long-term experiences are not "beliefs." What did you have for breakfast this morning? Is the answer a fact or just your "belief"? If you tell me you had bacon and eggs, I'll believe you. I promise. After all, you are the one who ate the breakfast. I will not post an article about Wheaties and tell you that you are out of your mind. I will not post an article about a man who eats cardboard for breakfast everyday and insist that be taken as proof that everyone does the same. I will not decide for you why you ate bacon and eggs. I will not tell you that what you thought were eggs were really secret government mind control devices. You ate the breakfast. I'll believe you.

OK.

What "views had as a child"? I can assure you that I never gave a thought to the teaching profession or the undermining of society by creeping (and now galloping) liberalism when I was a child. Frankly, I don't see why you are so eager to disagree with me. I am merely telling you the truth. I agree with your underlying premise that liberalism is a corrosive factor in our society. In fact, I see the problem on a larger scale than you seem to recognize.

It must be really important to you to defend the indefensible: I provide documentation and copious examples, and show the results, and you continue to post what is simply "is not, issssss nooooottttttt!!!"

Fine.

We'll each stick to what we know to be true.

OK.

It must be really important to you to defend the indefensible: ...

What do you think I'm defending?

... I provide documentation and copious examples, and show the results, ....

And I provide the first-hand account of over 25 years of actual teaching in actual schools (no indoctrination or brainwashing involved, thank you), including up the the current moment, which you ignore in favor of a Google search for whacky stories. Why? Do you collect youtube vids of kittens doing whacky things and try to convince cats that they must be acting that way at all times? Do all kittens spend all day every day suspended from a bar with "Hang in There!" printed on the air beneath them because you found several such images on Google? Is that part of some grand conspiracy among cats to build their upper body strength in preparation for their quest to conquer the world?

Forum List

Back