Just paid $25 for a late breakfast at Denny’s- how can anybody still support the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars that caused this ?

I have heard the expression but in your context it makes no sense

Explain yourself if you can
In your post # 229 you claimed that successful rich people make the economy go. Corporations across the board are posting record profits, aka they are successful. But somehow that doesn't translate into the good economy you desire. People bitching that a breakfast costs too much and everything else too. And here you come wanting it both ways. You support an economic theory - neoliberalism - that makes the rich richer and leaves the rest behind because OBVIOUSLY the wealth is not trickling down. I'm saying you can either have the current economic system or you can have an economy that works for everyone. But you can't have both.

Sure, see next quote.

Trump was in charge during COVID......

1). Which caused inflation, World Wide.
2). Which you will DENY.

TRUMP will be recorded in the History Books as the WORST POTUS in US History. A Complete failure, with so many, YES So Many Failed Promises.

Hey Guess what, who is LEADING the Nation BACK into Prosperity?

Theme........
Bush .....Failure..............OBAMA saves the USA
Trump.....Failure..............Biden saves the USA
that just tells me what you think of trump,, it says nothing about the people hurt from inflation,,

I can see youre having a mament and arent able to have a rational discussion about the subject so I wont bother you further,,

No. We have more multi billionaires than the country can support. Don't forget to help ol Trumpy out with a few bucks.
the country doesnt support billionaires,, billionaires support the country,,

dont you recall musk paying 11 ,illion in taxes?? imagine if we hade 1000 people paying that much in taxes??

instead we maybe got 5 people paying that much,,

In your post # 229 you claimed that successful rich people make the economy go. Corporations across the board are posting record profits, aka they are successful. But somehow that doesn't translate into the good economy you desire. People bitching that a breakfast costs too much and everything else too. And here you come wanting it both ways. You support an economic theory - neoliberalism - that makes the rich richer and leaves the rest behind because OBVIOUSLY the wealth is not trickling down. I'm saying you can either have the current economic system or you can have an economy that works for everyone. But you can't have both.
I dont claim to have all the answers

But taxing the rich to give away more welfare to the poor is not the answer

We could help ourselves a lot if we limited legal immigration only to highly skilled individuals and their immediate family meaning wives and children only

And ended the influx of dirt poor migrants entirely

I went to Carl's Jr recently because they have the Beyond burger (and I like that it's charbroiled but I digress) and with the meal it came up to close to 20 bucks. It's crazy to me...especially after living in Mexico for many years, where I could get a decent meal for less than 5 bucks.

You can still get a good meal in a lot of places in Mexico for around $5.

cost of money for vacation to a place like Las Vegas

XMAS time at the Bellagio is over $300 per night? Breakfast buffet over $100 for two. You are almost trapped if you stay in a hotel on the strip by traffic in, traffic out and looking for parking when you do come back. You can walk the strip. But they make it hard to get in/out.

You will spend most of your time standing in line to get food. Forget about $3 bottled water. Can't walk out to Walmart and lug a $1 gallon back up to your 20th floor room and look like a jackArse with a bucket of chicken.

You’re nowhere to be found in that thread.

Typical troll

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 8.32.26 AM.png

Yes.
I have a memorial foundation that gives back to the community.
I started this in 2006.

It's NOT all my money, but I raise money, and that money helps the ones in need. I Live in a Community that Knows how to Support, very much Conservative, very much faith supported. But no need to judge, the money given is vetted. The Money Raised and Received is accepted. Again, It's NOT all my money, it's the Communities Money.

The Foundation gives from $1,000 to $5,000 EACH year to a graduating HS Senior(s) for the advancement (A Scholarship) in their career, College or Trade School, based on their Community Support. Yes, they write an essay, and they verify their commitment to the community. Given out each year on Scholarship night.

Also, The Foundation Gives to the Food Bank and what our Community calls "The Christmas Tree"......a Giving Tree for the Ones that Need some assistance.
It's a GREAT thing.

I just need to give a shout out to my biggest critic, Concerned American, as he will deny ALL OF THE ABOVE, because ........well I'm just not sure.
Topic, Winnie. I don't believe it is "Look at how much of a philanthropist Winnie is" nor is it the Winnie self appreciation thread.

Inflation talk started with COVID.
Trump fucked up COVID in EVERY metric. Leading to WW Inflation.
You will find a way to defend that POS. Figures.

My thought is that trump fucked up the COVID Response, in EVERY possible metric. TRUMP caused this initial demise. Trump was the POTUS, the so-called Leader, and he fucking deflected, yes, I'll say it again, the Fucking POTUS deferred responsibility to deflect BLAME.
A cowardly MOVE.
100%
You, yes YOU, will blame it on Governors.
When in FACT, the POTUS is the true leader, so we thought, unless he cowers down, which POS45 did.

1) Travel Ban from China he Claimed. Reality......Yes, many regular folks were denied travel, but there were SO MANY that were allowed to re-enter the USA after the so-called trump ban. So MANY re-entered the USA.

Conclusion: Another false Claim that trump halted travel, but reality CONFIRMS that is a LIE. The Claim is very misleading.

2). Did trump disband the Response Team? Answer this....Was there a Pandemic Response Team that trump Defunded or Disbanded? C'mon....Don't deflect or LIE. This is indeed a FACT.
Topic Winnie--Inflation--not your mistaken belief that Trump forced Inslee to house infected people with the vulnerable in convalescent hospitals and retirement homes.

The main thing is, the government should protect my god-given right to an affordable breakfast at Denny's.

That's about right
I was in IHOP really early one morning last week

Pancakes, coffee, 4pcs of bacon was like 18 bucks ...plus a 5 dollar tip

I used to pick up my exs teenage boys dinner every once and awhile...I would get em a 12 PC fried chicken dinner from bojangles

It used to be 28.99 not so long ago

Yesterday me an the girl were going through the drive through for chicken sammich....what caught my eye that same exact twelve PC is now 50 bucks ...
Indeed what do the poor and working poor do?
The prices are through the roof at these types of places.

All under Joe Biden we see astronomical prices at hotels sit down restaurants and fast food restaurants. He has made things worse by giving away tons of money to foreign countries for wars. Race division hyping up so-called equity things.

Well, many folks in this country simply can’t afford basic costs of living . They don’t go out to eat. They are shopping at the dollar store.

some of the ignorant Biden supporters laugh at it try and say it’s not true ….Biden supporters lie their asses off each day the definition of putting politics before country…,, they’re the same folks that will waive a BLM flag and keep talking about race issues in this country..

I think that’s how I see it And many Americans, black and white. We see a multi millionaire celebrity, telling us that Black people have it worse in this country when the truth is millions of white and Black people are living poor in America, choosing between putting money in their gas tank or groceries.

Last edited:
Is there anybody out there who still believes that the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars were necessary? Surely we must care for our fellow American.

View attachment 872046

This meal after tip cost me $25. Of course I’ll always tip Well, I’m not a brokie

How can a family of four afford to go to a place like Denny’s? Which back in the day used to be an affordable place for breakfast or dinner. Remember the four dollar grand slams and what not.

So you have a combination of restaurants, keeping their prices high along with the inflation caused by the fake virus and printing of trillions of dollars. Of course, some restaurants and businesses will continue to keep prices high, because why not they got away with it the first time.

I’m seeing this at places like Mr. Goodyear as well where they are charging astronomical amounts of money for tires. Thankfully I got a local guy I go to for car repairs …. Tons of Americans when they get a flat tire for example they get robbed blind $35 to patch up a tire at a place like Mr. Goodyear or one of those places when it could cost you nothing or maybe $10 if you know somebody.
#### Food Price Increase in America

The food prices in America have indeed increased, and there are several factors contributing to this rise.

Inflation Impact:
- Inflation has contributed to the increase in food prices. Last year, U.S. consumers saw the largest annual increase in food prices since the 1980s. While food prices generally increased about 2% in prior years, they increased about 11% from 2021 to 2022.

Global Disruptions to the Food Supply Chain:
- Global disruptions to the food supply chain have also had a significant impact on food prices. These disruptions may have had a greater impact than inflation.

Fuel Prices and Food Prices:
- Food prices typically move in the same direction as fuel prices, often with a slight lag, as it takes time before fuel costs are incorporated into food prices. Although the direction is often the same, the sizes of the price swings differ.

Fertilizer Costs and Supply Constraints:
- Soaring fertilizer costs have also contributed to food price increases. Since early 2021, farmers have struggled to cope with rising fertilizer costs, and Russian sanctions have worsened the existing fertilizer shortage.

Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic:
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has also affected food prices. Reduced response rates for data collection and challenges in price-change measurement for food at home during the pandemic have complicated the measurement of food price changes.

Other Factors:
- Other factors such as higher labor costs, transportation delays, capacity issues, higher prices of grains and animal feed, and droughts affecting the supply of certain food items have also contributed to the increase in food prices.

#### Food Price Forecast for 2024

The forecast for food prices in 2024 suggests a continuation of price increases, albeit at a slower pace compared to previous years.

Overall Food Prices:
  • All food prices are predicted to increase by approximately 2.9% in 2024, with a prediction interval of -0.9% to 6.8%.
  • The USDA predicts that food prices will continue to increase in 2024, albeit at a slower pace.

Food-at-Home Prices:
- Food-at-home prices are predicted to increase by around 1.6% in 2024, with a prediction interval of -4.0% to 7.8%.

Food-Away-from-Home Prices:
- Food-away-from-home prices are predicted to increase by approximately 4.3% in 2024, with a prediction interval of 2.3% to 6.3%.

Global Food Price Inflation:
- Global food price inflation is expected to fall in 2024, with predictions that prices of sugar, coffee, corn, and soybeans will weaken as production increases.

Uncertainty and Range of Estimates:
- There is a range of estimates for food price changes in 2024, with the USDA acknowledging significant uncertainty about the global food supply, energy prices, and consumer behavior. The range of estimates suggests that food prices could fall by almost 7% or rise by as much as 9% in 2024.

In summary, while food prices are expected to continue to increase in 2024, the pace of increase is anticipated to be slower compared to previous years. However, there is significant uncertainty surrounding these forecasts, and the actual price changes may vary based on various factors such as global supply, energy prices, and consumer behavior.

Sources :

1. Sticker Shock at the Grocery Store? Inflation Wasn’t the Only Reason Food Prices Increased

2. USDA ERS - Food Prices and Spending

3. Why Are Food Prices Still Rising?

4. The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on food price indexes and data collection : Monthly Labor Review: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

5. Prices at the supermarket keep rising. So do corporate profits.

6. USDA ERS - Summary Findings

7. Food prices remain stubbornly high despite inflation showing signs of easing

8. Global food price inflation set to fall in 2024, says Rabobank

9. Grocery prices may fall next year, even as high bills linger

The prices are through the roof at these types of places.

All under Joe Biden we see astronomical prices at hotels sit down restaurants and fast food restaurants. He has made things worse by giving away tons of money to foreign countries for wars. Race division hyping up so-called equity things.

Well, many folks in this country simply can’t afford basic costs of living . They don’t go out to eat. They are shopping at the dollar store.

some of the ignorant Biden supporters laugh at it try and say it’s not true ….Biden supporters lie their asses off each day the definition of putting politics before country…,, they’re the same folks that will waive a BLM flag and keep talking about race issues in this country..

I think that’s how I see it And many Americans, black and white. We see a multi millionaire celebrity, telling us that Black people have it worse in this country when the truth is millions of white and Black people are living poor in America, choosing between putting money in their gas tank or groceries.
Its always just a matter of time until you play the race card.

Forum List

Back