Just ordered this sweet thing...

.the Dominican can be dangerous as hell if you dont have money.
And even more dangerous if you do.

And there's the rub..
I'll walk away with around 7 million or 2 .......my life waits for the results.
But to tell you the truth I dont care to much one way or another.
Dayum! I could buy a small little cottage on a couple of acres, 15 minutes to a bigger town, and die a happy person with just a fraction of that!
Lucky you!

No it's not luck,it's years of paying attention to the market and putting your money where you think it'll make the most money.
And of course losing your ass when you're wrong.
I figure I've lost around 10 mill over the years.
Wish I had done that. Too late now. We are far from poor, but nowhere close to 1mil. FAR FAR from that. Still..we have enough for emergency dental needs (no dental insurance), keeping our two fur children healthy, keeping the cars running, food, roof (even though its a rental). Can't complain.

You girls talk about the left coast all you want.....I think it's cute.
actually, it's the RIGHT coast, looking at a map and Calif etc is the left!;)

It's beautiful in New England, and I have lived in a lot, and I mean A LOT of different states, and have been to many more through my work over the years.

The history involving the Revolution surrounds the region, and our roots as a Nation....from Plymouth rock, the midnight ride of Paul Revere :D, the Boston Tea Party, the first Thanksgiving, to the Salem witch trials... all the old little towns have these town squares with tall steeple churches from the 1700's....it's picturesque, to say the least!

And water everywhere! Ocean, bays, coves, inlets, rivers and lakes galore, with really old tall trees....and mountains inland.

Green, everywhere....though, red, orange and yellow right now, maine is at peak right now on the fall foliage colors, Massachusetts in another two weeks will be at peak.... it's just stunningly beautiful....I'm not certain the locals in New England even realize how beautiful it truly is....
You are absolutely correct! My son, his wife and three sons live in a small town near Boston. (There seems to be a township every 5 miles or so around Boston.) It is beautiful and replete with antique homes that Sherman didn't burn. I literally loved my tour of Boston with them a few years ago. Philadelphia is no slouch either.

Wish I had done that. Too late now. We are far from poor, but nowhere close to 1mil. FAR FAR from that. Still..we have enough for emergency dental needs (no dental insurance), keeping our two fur children healthy, keeping the cars running, food, roof (even though its a rental). Can't complain.
Kudos to you for realizing happiness does not come from a bank account! Whenever I want to feel better about my on condition, I watch the news and see hoards of people that have no more than their own ragged clothes and a tin shack to sleep in...or a floating hut and a fishing boat to gather food with. In my lifetime, I've given away more than most people will ever own. Life has been good to me. I hope to die broke.

Kudos to you for realizing happiness does not come from a bank account! Whenever I want to feel better about my on condition, I watch the news and see hoards of people that have no more than their own ragged clothes and a tin shack to sleep in...or a floating hut and a fishing boat to gather food with. In my lifetime, I've given away more than most people will ever own. Life has been good to me. I hope to die broke.
no-shoes.jpg

Now you're talking...
I cant complain about my life one bit.
How I end up isn't so much of a concern because once you get old it's all gravy.
Yep! ....and I really do like your new hard-shell tent thingy! I'd much rather sleep high off the ground than not. I remember the Scouting days, having to dig trenches around the tent, being careful not to touch the tent during a rain, having critters crawl in night and day. Today's tents are much nicer, more waterproof and critter resistant, but still require a lot of effort and care in setting up, taking down, cleaning and storing. That's a nice rig you have.

Now you're talking...
I cant complain about my life one bit.
How I end up isn't so much of a concern because once you get old it's all gravy.
Yep! ....and I really do like your new hard-shell tent thingy! I'd much rather sleep high off the ground than not. I remember the Scouting days, having to dig trenches around the tent, being careful not to touch the tent during a rain, having critters crawl in night and day. Today's tents are much nicer, more waterproof and critter resistant, but still require a lot of effort and care in setting up, taking down, cleaning and storing. That's a nice rig you have.

It's sitting in the garage right now waiting for the trailer to be completed.
upload_2015-10-31_22-46-38.png

is the small green tent a portapotty or a place to change clothes?

Shower,bathroom or changing room.
Nothing better than a hot shower while camping.

Do you have to wait until next year to enjoy it, or do you live in a warm climate state where you can use it all year round?

The fall,winter and spring are the best times in Texas.
The summers can be brutal but with a Honda generator a fan does a reasonable job of keeping you cool.
Although I plan on installing this come summer....
upload_2015-11-18_11-37-31.png

Do you have to wait until next year to enjoy it, or do you live in a warm climate state where you can use it all year round?

The summers can be brutal but with a Honda generator a fan does a reasonable job of keeping you cool.
View attachment 55086

Well that's good, that you live in a climate where you can enjoy it year round. Here in Massachusetts, that would not be the case. Lol.

My gosh, it's going to be better than house by the time you're done! :lol:

View attachment 55086

Well that's good, that you live in a climate where you can enjoy it year round. Here in Massachusetts, that would not be the case. Lol.

Actually with the proper set up you can enjoy it anywhere you want.
They have an insulation kit that raises the inside temp by 42 degrees or more depending on your heating system.
You have to remember these things are made for this kind of stuff and are used in harsh environments all over the world.
And cold is much easier to overcome than heat.
upload_2015-11-18_14-34-4.png

View attachment 55086

They have an insulation kit that raises the inside temp by 42 degrees or more depending on your heating system.
You have to remember these things are made for this kind of stuff and are used in harsh environments all over the world.
View attachment 55094

I'm the opposite. I can deal with the heat much better than the cold. I should have been born in Texas instead of Massachusetts! :lol:

I suppose being shut up in one of those little things is akin to being in an oven when it's extremely warm like you get in Texas though, so I hear you!

View attachment 55086

View attachment 55094

I'm the opposite. I can deal with the heat much better than the cold. I should have been born in Texas instead of Massachusetts! :lol:

I suppose being shut up in one of those little things is akin to being in an oven when it's extremely warm like you get in Texas though, so I hear you!

Oh I like the heat as well,it's the humidity that kills you when you're trying to sleep.
But with a box fan set in the window you can sleep in relative comfort.
But to hell with that,I want hanging meat temps when I sleep.

Forum List

Back