Just got back from Rockfest

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
[ame=http://youtu.be/Lu_icHsfNg8]aaron lewis: when i'm gone - YouTube[/ame]

Best performance by a mile

Also saw Five Finger Death Punch & Korn along with 12 other bands.

• Banned
[ame=http://youtu.be/ZLk75fFXqH4]Five Finger Death Punch - Under And Over It - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://youtu.be/xmOOGeZE-aE]Korn - Did My Time - YouTube[/ame]

aaron lewis: when i'm gone - YouTube

No true, serious fan of rock or any of the incarnations of heavy metal is a fan of either Staind or any of its splinter acts.

The band had its heyday in the late 90s to mid-2000s when it was able to sell its material to musically dumbed-down children who didn't have a clue how even to tune a guitar correctly, let alone how to make music once the guitar had been tuned, all in the name of making what the clowns in Staind alleged to have been a new (er, nu — marketed to children so dumb, they couldn't even spell the word new correctly; duh) style of metal.

It wasn't a new style of metal. It was just crap, pure and simple.

Staind's self-proclaimed guitar-playing wizard Mike Mushok can write all the columns in Guitar World he wants, talking about how he's an accomplished guitarist because he took lessons from Tony MacAlpine and whomever else. But see, Tony MacAlpine isn't a metal guitarist. Never has been.

And Staind is not a metal band.

And anyone who's a fan of Staind, Korn, Linkin Logs, Limp Dipstick and any of the rest of those craptastic "nu metal" bands are not true metal fans.

It's good to see guitar solos, guitar players who actually know how to tune their frick'n instruments correctly, and heavy metal itself coming back strong now. Soon we'll hopefully be able to erase the very dark chapter in rock's history known as "nu metal" from our memories forever.

It is not worth remembering.

• Banned

No true, serious fan of rock or any of the incarnations of heavy metal is a fan of either Staind or any of its splinter acts.

The band had its heyday in the late 90s to mid-2000s when it was able to sell its material to musically dumbed-down children who didn't have a clue how even to tune a guitar correctly, let alone how to make music once the guitar had been tuned, all in the name of making what the clowns in Staind alleged to have been a new (er, nu — marketed to children so dumb, they couldn't even spell the word new correctly; duh) style of metal.

Staind's self-proclaimed guitar-playing wizard Mike Mushok can write all the columns in Guitar World he wants, talking about how he's an accomplished guitarist because he took lessons from Tony MacAlpine and whomever else. But see, Tony MacAlpine isn't a metal guitarist. Never has been.

And anyone who's a fan of Staind, Korn, Linkin Logs, Limp Dipstick and any of the rest of those craptastic "nu metal" bands are not true metal fans.

It's good to see guitar solos, guitar players who actually know how to tune their frick'n instruments correctly, and heavy metal itself coming back strong now. Soon we'll hopefully be able to erase the very dark chapter in rock's history known as "nu metal" from our memories forever.

What isn't true? I was referring to his acoustical vocal performance.

Not sure what the reason behind the rest of your rant was.

Aaron Lewis is a whiny, maudlin singer who makes most true metal fans want to jump into a bathtub full of water while toting a plugged-in hair dryer; Mike Mushok can't play a guitar in standard E-A-D-G-B-E tuning because he sucks; and the rest of the guys in Staind who gave Lewis his fame have about as much musical talent as a petrified horse turd.

Grampa Murked U said:

Because you're on here all the time, claiming to be some kind of rocker, when you don't even know what real, true metal is, that's why.

Real metal ain't Staind. It ain't Korn. It ain't Linkin Logs. It ain't Papa Roach. And it damned sure ain't Limp Dipspit.

This is real metal, son:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrTH8XQXZI]Helloween, Sole Survivor[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM]Megadeth, Holy Wars ... the Punishment Due[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yUZJZC2V40]Black Label Society, Stillborn[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY]Judas Priest, Between the Hammer and the Anvil[/ame]

I'm glad to see bands like Disturbed and Trivium and others finally making metal that truly deserves to be called metal, and bringing the Hammer of Thor down on morons like Linkin Logs, Limp Dipspit and your boy Aaron Lewis from Staind.

You wouldn't know good music if it hung with you from the gallow's pole, son.

• Banned

Aaron Lewis is a whiny, maudlin singer who makes most true metal fans want to jump into a bathtub full of water while toting a plugged-in hair dryer; Mike Mushok can't play a guitar in standard E-A-D-G-B-E tuning because he sucks; and the rest of the guys in Staind who gave Lewis his fame have about as much musical talent as a petrified horse turd.

Grampa Murked U said:

Because you're on here all the time, claiming to be some kind of rocker, when you don't even know what real, true metal is, that's why.

Real metal ain't Staind. It ain't Korn. It ain't Linkin Logs. It ain't Papa Roach. And it damned sure ain't Limp Dipspit.

This is real metal, son:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrTH8XQXZI]Helloween, Sole Survivor[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM]Megadeth, Holy Wars ... the Punishment Due[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yUZJZC2V40]Black Label Society, Stillborn[/ame]

And this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY]Judas Priest, Between the Hammer and the Anvil[/ame]

I'm glad to see bands like Disturbed and Trivium and others finally making metal that truly deserves to be called metal, and bringing the Hammer of Thor down on morons like Linkin Logs, Limp Dipspit and your boy Aaron Lewis from Staind.

You wouldn't know good music if it hung with you from the gallow's pole, son.

You're an idiot. I never said anything about metal music.

Fuck off with your whiney bullshit

• Banned
And for the record I go to EVERY rock concet in KC EVERY year. Also of note would be the line up of Rockfest which included Black Label Society among 14 others. But you wouldn't know that because you were too busy making an ass of yourself

Grampa Murked U said:

Exactly. The hallmark of a nu metal fan.

Grampa Murked U said:
Fuck off with your whiney bullshit.

Given ^ that quote ^ comes from a Staind fan, I take it as the highest compliment.

Thanks.

Grampa Murked U said:
And for the record I go to EVERY rock concet in KC EVERY year. Also of note would be the line up of Rockfest which included Black Label Society among 14 others. But you wouldn't know that because you were too busy making an ass of yourself

Doesn't matter.

You just lost all credibility on this very thread of yours when you claimed to be an Aaron Lewis fan.

Like I said in my OP, no serious fan of metal and quite possibly even music in general would ever make that claim.

Grampa Murked U said:

Exactly. The hallmark of a nu metal fan.

Grampa Murked U said:
Fuck off with your whiney bullshit.

Given ^ that quote ^ comes from a Staind fan, I take it as the highest compliment.

Thanks.

Grampa Murked U said:

Doesn't matter.

You just lost all credibility on this very thread of yours when you claimed to be an Aaron Lewis fan.

Like I said in my OP, no serious fan of metal and quite possibly even music in general would ever make that claim.

Not only do I like him I like violin music as well as some orchestra music and one or two country artists. Did you have a seizure when metallica did an orchestral mix album?

Stop being so narrow minded.

Forum List

Back