Just Another Reason I don't Like Large Churches...

So much of what is called "Christianity" these days has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, who apparently has left the building. I notice that boobs like graham and pastor HairGel have hit the airways heavily in the last couple of weeks. Of course, they don't have any history of actually doing anything except whine about women and LGBTs. It's all about money and power.

I notice that since the plague hit, the brainless Leftists like you have really got their Christian hate on.
The people I am criticizing are not Christians. They are the graham/jeffress/perkins-type cheap primitive garbage cults who try to piggyback on the Christian faith. You always speak generically about "Christians" without referring to a specific group, so I suppose that you listen when the Pope, the Archbishop of Cantorbury, or the Orthodox Patriarchs speak.

You are not the judge of who is, and is not Christians.

You play God when you do this, which is a real serious sin. Not that you care.

These people are not Christians. They are cheap phonies. Not that you care. You'd follow anybody. Incidentally, your loverboys decide who is Christian all of the time. Didn't trashy little frankie tell Mayor Pete that he could not be a Christian and be gay? Like little frankie knows? You are just a culthead.

Taking it in the caboose is a sin according to the bible. Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the garden, not Adam and Steve. Petey and his bum buddy are supposed to be repenting of their sin, not demanding that people affirm it, according to the Catholic Church as well as a lot of other denomination. But this is America, he can be a member of the Radical Episcopalianites , where they glorify Sodomy instead of condemn it. And he is, BTW

Episcopalians are Christians who don't happen to agree with your sect. They are no more radical than southern baptists and don't spend their lives trying to interfere with other people. This "repent of homosexuality" thing belongs to protestant radicals. graham had no business going after somebody who is not a member of his sect. In doing so, he showed the world what a jerk he is.

The "repent of homosexuality" thing belongs to God, and the Bible, where you can read where God said it

Scumbags like this that are all about making money in the name of religion. Just the same as mega-church pastor Joel Osteen when he wouldn't help Houston flood victims until he got shamed in the national media, so many pastors only care about MONEY, and invoke God's name to make it.

"Creflo Dollar Sets Up Cash App Account To Collect Tithes During Coronavirus Quarantine"

True, most clergy of Christendom are money lovers while they claim (falsely) to be following Jesus even though they know Jesus did not accept a salary for his preaching. [Our elders are not paid.}

But the current situation is much worse than that hypocrisy. Passing the collection plate can be literally (scientifically/medically) fatal not just to those touching the plate but also to anyone they infect when shopping, etc.

The wise and loving course during this pandemic is to shelter in place. I hope the authorities exercise their God-given right (Romans 13:1-5) to those who are taking a stand against their authority - they will save lives if they do!

So much of what is called "Christianity" these days has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, who apparently has left the building. I notice that boobs like graham and pastor HairGel have hit the airways heavily in the last couple of weeks. Of course, they don't have any history of actually doing anything except whine about women and LGBTs. It's all about money and power.

I notice that since the plague hit, the brainless Leftists like you have really got their Christian hate on.
The people I am criticizing are not Christians. They are the graham/jeffress/perkins-type cheap primitive garbage cults who try to piggyback on the Christian faith. You always speak generically about "Christians" without referring to a specific group, so I suppose that you listen when the Pope, the Archbishop of Cantorbury, or the Orthodox Patriarchs speak.

These people are not Christians. They are cheap phonies. Not that you care. You'd follow anybody. Incidentally, your loverboys decide who is Christian all of the time. Didn't trashy little frankie tell Mayor Pete that he could not be a Christian and be gay? Like little frankie knows? You are just a culthead.

Taking it in the caboose is a sin according to the bible. Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the garden, not Adam and Steve. Petey and his bum buddy are supposed to be repenting of their sin, not demanding that people affirm it, according to the Catholic Church as well as a lot of other denomination. But this is America, he can be a member of the Radical Episcopalianites , where they glorify Sodomy instead of condemn it. And he is, BTW

Episcopalians are Christians who don't happen to agree with your sect. They are no more radical than southern baptists and don't spend their lives trying to interfere with other people. This "repent of homosexuality" thing belongs to protestant radicals. graham had no business going after somebody who is not a member of his sect. In doing so, he showed the world what a jerk he is.

When did Rev. Graham "go after" Mayor Petey or others who disagree with the word of Almighty God?

Do you expect Graham to tell unrepentant sinners that they are "fine"?

The "repent of homosexuality" thing belongs to God, and the Bible, where you can read where God said it

That is true - some in the Corinthian congregation had been practicing homosexuals (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) but changed their conduct to be in harmony with God's law.

Not sure why that subject is on this thread though.

Nonsense. This is something for you fundies. It doesn't apply across the board and certainly doesn't come from any Supreme Being. The bible is made up of ancient tribal texts by various, mostly unknown authors, and contains a lot of stuff that modern people just don't do anymore. People can advance in thought over the centuries. Thinking doesn't stop.

Nonsense. This is something for you fundies. It doesn't apply across the board and certainly doesn't come from any Supreme Being. The bible is made up of ancient tribal texts by various, mostly unknown authors, and contains a lot of stuff that modern people just don't do anymore. People can advance in thought over the centuries. Thinking doesn't stop.

You think people have "advanced in thought".

Really

That is true - some in the Corinthian congregation had been practicing homosexuals (1 Corinthians 6:9-11) but changed their conduct to be in harmony with God's law.

Saul/Paul wrote that. He wasn't God.

Love for neighbor is just as good as it was back then. (Leviticus 19:18) And this is one reason we should shelter in place.

On the off topic tangent - we know the writers of Bible books - but Jehovah is the author. It is true that we are under a better new covenant by means of the Messiah/Christ - e.g. for us to love even our enemies - Matthew 5:44. We have found practicing what the Bible teaches is much better than contradictory worldly thinking and practices.

You actually think the current moral breakdown is an advance in thought or actions? See 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

The two greatest commandments in the Bible according to Jesus involve love (Matthew 22:37-40). Love is NOT out of date. And love is a primary reason we should shelter in place right now.

You think people have "advanced in thought".

Really

Yes. For centuries. Philosophers sometimes come along who become popular in some circles. Look at how Augustine became so popular and he was born over 300 years after Jesus lived. What survives of people's opinions in history is limited due to the fact that one-half of humanity was not allowed to participate in debate and most people were not literate in any event.

Love for neighbor is just as good as it was back then. (Leviticus 19:18) And this is one reason we should shelter in place.

On the off topic tangent - we know the writers of Bible books - but Jehovah is the author. It is true that we are under a better new covenant by means of the Messiah/Christ - e.g. for us to love even our enemies - Matthew 5:44. We have found practicing what the Bible teaches is much better than contradictory worldly thinking and practices.

You actually think the current moral breakdown is an advance in thought or actions? See 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

The two greatest commandments in the Bible according to Jesus involve love (Matthew 22:37-40). Love is NOT out of date. And love is a primary reason we should shelter in place right now.

Saul and timothy were only men. The Supreme Being did not write the bible. There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

True - but it is a historical fact. Many of Jehovah's Witnesses today used to be homosexuals but we have also changed our conduct just like those in the Corinthian congregation.

Also, the laws against homosexual practices are in the Torah - or do you think that also was not God's law?

Note, however, that same sex loving friendships are presented as exemplary in the Bible - two obvious examples are David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi. I trust you realize you can love someone without having sexual relations with them. Note how Ruth felt about Naomi:

Ruth 1:16,17
16 But Ruth said: “Do not plead with me to abandon you, to turn back from accompanying you; for where you go I will go, and where you spend the night, I will spend the night. Your people will be my people, and your God my God.+ 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May Jehovah do so to me and add to it if anything but death should separate me from you.”

[But in this emergency/pandemic failure to separate by 6 feet could cause a drastic separation: death.]

Aids was spread by homosexual and promiscuous practices, along with other unchristian practices like drug addiction (shared needles) and blood transfusions.

However, the current pandemic is striking all humans (and even some animals) and a primary way to stop this pandemic is to shelter in place. The Bible also taught the value of quarantine and that touching a dead body made one unclean The Bible did not say why - but we now know why due to scientific research which adds detail as well.

Saul and timothy were only men. The Supreme Being did not write the bible. There is no evidence of this whatsoever.

TImothy didn't write the book with his name attached, 1 and 2 Timothy are epistles from Paul to Timothy, he was the recipient, not the author.

But in any event, the Bible was inspired by Almighty God. Matthew, Luke, Paul, etc wrote it down, but under the inspiration of God.

There is plenty of evidence the author of the Bible is Jehovah. Sadly most Bible translations have removed the name of the author which is found in the original Hebrew almost 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures alone (aka OT). It is noteworthy that these same translations do not remove any other names in the Bible. They do not even remove the names of false gods which are in the original Hebrew and Greek texts. Only the name of the author is removed - why do you think that is?

The evidence the Bible is God's Word though written by men should be in other threads - it would derail this thread. [See my scientific posts on the luck thread which is hh Personally, I consider the scientific evidence more than some of us - note my user name.

Back on topic - there is plenty of scientific evidence we should shelter in place. It is the loving thing to do right now.

Scumbags like this that are all about making money in the name of religion. Just the same as mega-church pastor Joel Osteen when he wouldn't help Houston flood victims until he got shamed in the national media, so many pastors only care about MONEY, and invoke God's name to make it.

"Creflo Dollar Sets Up Cash App Account To Collect Tithes During Coronavirus Quarantine"

Hey don't hate the player, hate the game. Teflo's Trumpin' on up to the top, towards that deluxe apartment in the sky! Robbing suckers is the oldest profession!

...and all tax free.

Ministers pay taxes on their salaries

The church gets the money tax free. A lot of churches not only pay the pastor a wage, but they provide for FREE things like a car and a home. They say the car is needed for the pastor to drive and do errands such as seeing a member of their congregation at the hospital. The home they let them live in for free is usually close to the church or even in the church itself.

True - but it is a historical fact. Many of Jehovah's Witnesses today used to be homosexuals but we have also changed our conduct just like those in the Corinthian congregation.

Also, the laws against homosexual practices are in the Torah - or do you think that also was not God's law?

Note, however, that same sex loving friendships are presented as exemplary in the Bible - two obvious examples are David and Jonathan, and Ruth and Naomi. I trust you realize you can love someone without having sexual relations with them. Note how Ruth felt about Naomi:

Ruth 1:16,17
16 But Ruth said: “Do not plead with me to abandon you, to turn back from accompanying you; for where you go I will go, and where you spend the night, I will spend the night. Your people will be my people, and your God my God.+ 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May Jehovah do so to me and add to it if anything but death should separate me from you.”

[But in this emergency/pandemic failure to separate by 6 feet could cause a drastic separation: death.]

Aids was spread by homosexual and promiscuous practices, along with other unchristian practices like drug addiction (shared needles) and blood transfusions.

However, the current pandemic is striking all humans (and even some animals) and a primary way to stop this pandemic is to shelter in place. The Bible also taught the value of quarantine and that touching a dead body made one unclean The Bible did not say why - but we now know why due to scientific research which adds detail as well.

TImothy didn't write the book with his name attached, 1 and 2 Timothy are epistles from Paul to Timothy, he was the recipient, not the author.

But in any event, the Bible was inspired by Almighty God. Matthew, Luke, Paul, etc wrote it down, but under the inspiration of God.

You guys can believe anything you wish and do as you wish, as long as you don't bother anyone else.

Big, small, it's all about the money. The $1.2T bilk called religion.

Big, small, it's all about the money. The $1.2T bilk called religion.

You're entitled to your opinion I guess, but there are a lot easier ways to earn a living than preaching the gospel IMHO. I've known a lot of men who have washed out of the seminary, or made it through but couldn't keep a church solvent. Religion is an exceeding tough racket in this age, the guys you see on TV like Rev. Creflo Dollar or Ernest Angley, Hagee, Swaggart, these are folks at the very top of the field of theology.

Religion is the biggest hoax perpetrated on the people of earth.

Without the Science of Theology, how would you teach people about Almighty God and His plan for our lives?

Without the Science of Theology, how would you teach people about Almighty God and His plan for our lives?

Science is the study of the natural world. Religion is a faith belief of the supernatural.

Forum List

Back