Just another day in America. Guns keeping people safe... 8 dead... the dead can't be killed, therefore they're safe.

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014

"A family of eight - including five children - have been found shot dead inside a rural home in Enoch City, in the US state of Utah."

Well, I guess after Sandy Hook, we know nothing will be done about this.

If you filth would stop letting violent criminals go free...

No evidence that this was a criminal who was released. At first blush, this sounds like a murder/suicide. And Utah, you know that some kind of Mormon Craziness was involved.

It sounds like this family would be safe right now if they had a gun.
Probably not, since a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

Wouldn't be surprised if we find out this was domestic violence, given the remoteness of the home and that they were all Mormon crazies.

No evidence that this was a criminal who was released. At first blush, this sounds like a murder/suicide. And Utah, you know that some kind of Mormon Craziness was involved.

Probably not, since a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

Wouldn't be surprised if we find out this was domestic violence, given the remoteness of the home and that they were all Mormon crazies.
You don't know anything about it.

Thats only because a 1/1000th of 1% of people never experience a murderous home invasion. For this family, they would have been FAR safer with a gun than without one.

Thats only because a 1/1000th of 1% of people never experience a murderous home invasion. For this family, they would have been FAR safer with a gun than without one.
Has anyone determined it was a home invasion and not a family annihilator?

Because the way the authorities are talking, it sounds like Domestic violence.

Police said there was no threat to the public and they do not believe there were any suspects at large.

The incident remained under investigation

You don't know anything about it.
Judging by the statement given by police, it is pretty much what I suspected... a family annihilator.

Here's the reality- Most homicides are committed family, lovers, friends or neighbors of the deceased. This is why the NRA dream of a gun in every house is kind of crazy, and why the US has 10-20K homicides a year compared to less than a few hundred in other industrialized countries.

Police said there was no threat to the public and they do not believe there were any suspects at large.

Judging by the statement given by police, it is pretty much what I suspected... a family annihilator.

Here's the reality- Most homicides are committed family, lovers, friends or neighbors of the deceased. This is why the NRA dream of a gun in every house is kind of crazy, and why the US has 10-20K homicides a year compared to less than a few hundred in other industrialized countries.
You might be right then. Maybe the dad was the shooter. If so, the mom sure could have used a gun in that situation.

0LZYWNW.gif

"A family of eight - including five children - have been found shot dead inside a rural home in Enoch City, in the US state of Utah."

Well, I guess after Sandy Hook, we know nothing will be done about this.
I've yet to see a gun grow little hands and feet and go on a murderous rampage on it's own.....Same with knives, machetes, vehicles, or any other inanimate object folks use to off each other with.

I fully support the people's right to own a gun BUT we have no idea the facts here. As noted above, it's possible they had a gun and a family member used it against the rest of the family members.

Is that a reason to not allow others to own a gun? No, but as of right now, there are no valid points to be made as far as this case is concerned.

Buddy, Abel and Goliath didn't exist. Those are myths.

But according to the bible story, there's no evidence that Cain Killed Abel with a rock. Could have been a stick, or a knife.

Genesis 4:8 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Nothing in there about a rock.

Actually, Goliath seems like he was the good guy in that situation. "Hey, I'll take on your champion, instead of us having a battle where hundreds of people will be killed unnecessarily!"

Buddy, Abel and Goliath didn't exist. Those are myths.

But according to the bible story, there's no evidence that Cain Killed Abel with a rock. Could have been a stick, or a knife.

Genesis 4:8 8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Nothing in there about a rock.

Actually, Goliath seems like he was the good guy in that situation. "Hey, I'll take on your champion, instead of us having a battle where hundreds of people will be killed unnecessarily!"
Butt stain thinks he's an expert on everything, and like the deranged loon he is, a silly meme triggers his stupid.

Forum List

Back