Just an FYI . . .

Yeah ummm.... "taste" is not the point.

It's food ... taste is the ONLY point.

No it isn't. They are living creatures that feel pain and stuff. There is no reason why they shouldn't be treated better while they live and also be killed humanely. I can't understand why it's necessary or why anyone would be happy or satisfied that a living creature is being neglected or even abused while it is alive and then killed for food. It is pretty arrogant for sure.

It's an EGG. It doesn't taste any better if the chicken gets his own deck chair and cabana.

51bfdfde8292e8a925276b8a5aa49c02--chicken-graphic-beach-illustration.jpg

wrong a free range chickens eggs are much better eggs than store bought eggs....richer color and denser yolks...my chickens are true pastured chickens...which is the new term ...instead of free range...pastured means they are let out into a large field...daily....mine are allowed to roam freely then cooped at night....

They are better. The yolks are way more yellow in color too when I get them from my aunt. Unfortunately her chickens are getting older and aren't producing like they used to so I don't get that many anymore.

If there is a hell, then surely those who abuse and torture animals, children, elderly people, or anything that can't fight back must end up there because that means they cannot be very good people.

I don't care if a chicken was brutally gang raped before I eat it, as long as it still tastes good.

Supposedly, they taste better when they are killed humanely. Adrenaline gives meat a gamy flavor and can make the meat tougher believe it or not. That is one reason why hunters like to take out a deer with the first shot.
The Chinese say that adrenaline provides healthy properties that the body can use. For instance they believe that high adrenaline meat helps male virility.
That is why I always ask wait staff if the cow was tortured prior to slaughter. That way I can make sure the Mrs. is happy with the meal and at home.
Food for thought!
View attachment 184502

Oh, the same people who think tiger penises make them more virile? Good Lord. Let's give credit where credit is due. Chinese people are good at math. :D

I don't care if a chicken was brutally gang raped before I eat it, as long as it still tastes good.

Supposedly, they taste better when they are killed humanely. Adrenaline gives meat a gamy flavor and can make the meat tougher believe it or not. That is one reason why hunters like to take out a deer with the first shot.
The Chinese say that adrenaline provides healthy properties that the body can use. For instance they believe that high adrenaline meat helps male virility.
That is why I always ask wait staff if the cow was tortured prior to slaughter. That way I can make sure the Mrs. is happy with the meal and at home.
Food for thought!
View attachment 184502

Do you eat tiger penis too? The Chinese say, penis too small? Eat tiger dick and make love like tiger in order to please wife. ROFL. :D

Food for thought!
View attachment 184502

Oh, the same people who think tiger penises make them more virile? Good Lord. Let's give credit where credit is due. Chinese people are good at math. :D

You had me at "tiger penises".

Cage free does NOT mean fresh air and freedom. Keep that in mind when you think you are doing something good by buying "cage free" meat or eggs or something. I thought it meant that the animals were free roaming but it does not mean that at all. It only means they are not kept in a cage. Most often, they are still kept in just a big stall type of area that is just as filthy if not more than any cage.

An egg might be an egg, but stress affects animals, they feel love, fear and pain just as we do and it affects the quality of their meat and as an animal advocate, if I can buy an egg from someone that gives the hens a bit better quality of life, I would rather occasionally spring a few more pennies in support of that. There simply is no excuse for much of the inhumanity and barbarism animals have suffered down through the years at the hands of mankind simply because they don't have a voice they can raise (to us) in their defense. I believe SOME of the cage free eggs do indeed allow their hens to roam more freely and live much better and I am not so cheap, jaundiced or jaded to rationalize paying a little more for eggs is akin to giving them a hotel just so that I can save 10¢ . . . .

Food for thought!
View attachment 184502

Do you eat tiger penis too? The Chinese say, penis too small? Eat tiger dick and make love like tiger in order to please wife. ROFL. :D
No...sadly the last outlet closed in my area before I could purchase. You know...all joking aside that actually pisses me off. Killing tigers for their dicks...assholes. WTF?...seriously

They are living creatures that feel pain and stuff. There is no reason why they shouldn't be treated better while they live and also be killed humanely.

You need to stop anthropomorphizing animals. They aren't Disney critters. They don't sing and they aren't wise-cracking sidekicks to princesses.

The chickens don't know the difference between a coop and a 5-star resort in the Bahamas. They're chickens, they're born, they're used for eggs, they die and become a chicken salad sandwich. We've been raising chickens in coops for a few thousand years now and it didn't become 'torture' until a few years ago.

They are living creatures that feel pain and stuff. There is no reason why they shouldn't be treated better while they live and also be killed humanely.

You need to stop anthropomorphizing animals. They aren't Disney critters. They don't sing and they aren't wise-cracking sidekicks to princesses.

The chickens don't know the difference between a coop and a 5-star resort in the Bahamas. They're chickens, they're born, they're used for eggs, they die and become a chicken salad sandwich. We've been raising chickens in coops for a few thousand years now and it didn't become 'torture' until a few years ago.

No animal wants to be caged up and covered in it's own feces and other animal feces. And I don't really want to eat chickens that lived a life covered in their own feces either. Besides that, for the purposes of eggs, the happier and more well cared for, the more the chicken will produce eggs. When they are kept in filthy conditions, they are more prone to being unhealthy and even diseased.

No animal wants to be caged u

It's a chicken ... it doesn't have a hierarchy of needs that include self-actualization or unconditional love. It wants to be warm and not eaten by foxes.

A coop provides both those needs quite adequately.

No animal wants to be caged u

It's a chicken ... it doesn't have a hierarchy of needs that include self-actualization or unconditional love. It wants to be warm and not eaten by foxes.

A coop provides both those needs quite adequately.

I am assuming that you have never seen videos about how your food is REALLY treated. It is disgusting.

The only reason why these animals are kept in such a condition is because of money and greed

The entire history of humans has been a quest for adequate sustenance. Providing food for all at an affordable price isn't greed ... it's the greatest human good.

The only reason why these animals are kept in such a condition is because of money and greed

The entire history of humans has been a quest for adequate sustenance. Providing food for all at an affordable price isn't greed ... it's the greatest human good.

No it isn't. There is no reason why they can't keep more sanitary and humane conditions for any animals.

You should really watch some videos too. If you think these animals are kept in good condition and are healthy animals, then you really don't know what you're talking about. So, if you are just a heartless bastard who puts his stomach ahead of an animal's welfare, then the cleanliness of your food sources should at least be of concern.

That won't look so appetizing after you watch some of these. Lol!

I know what happens to food. I'm not some schmuck from the city. I know where meat comes from and it's not Safeway.

chicken.jpg

Commercial food production, which may be upsetting to those who think animals sing, dance, and star in animated movies, is part of the reality of feeding the 8 Billion people on this planet. It's done as hygienically and humanely as economics permit.

Forum List

Back