What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just a weird question or two.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you were adopted...and loved your adoptive mother and father...would you still want to know who gave you life? Or would you not want to know anything at all and let it all stay buried?

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Reaction score
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
I'd be curious but otherwise it wouldn't be a driving ambition in my life to find out who they were. If you're happy and loved, what else is there? The Romans had similar attitudes toward adoption. An adopted son had every legal right that a biological child had, including rights of title, peerage, and inheritance. A biological son, an adopted son, there was no difference to them, none at all.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What if your birth mother/father tried to contact YOU? Would you still be curious? And what if, for example, your adoptive parents told you things not quite true. Would you be interested in hearing the other side of the story? Like, if they told you your mother/father was dead. Or in prison or something bad to keep you from searching or even speaking to her/him?

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Then again, you wouldn't KNOW there was another side of the story, would you, if you were not told. So..never mind.

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I watch too much tear jerking tv, I guess. :lol:

OP
Gracie

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Speaking of stupid topics....why the fuck is Maury Povich still on the air? Oy.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$166.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List