Julio Jones traded to the Tennessee Titans

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Julio Jones is no longer a Falcon. The Atlanta Falcons veteran all-pro wide receiver has been traded to the Tennessee Titans.

Julio is no spring chicken, but he is still a viable threat that will have to be covered well. He wants the deep ball, and can still over power younger cornerbacks and safeties.

Ryan Tannehill is one of the better long ball QBs playing right now. With Julio on one side and A.J. Brown on the other, defensive coaches will be pulling their hair out trying to scheme against them.

Add in the amazing running game of Derrick Henry, and we could see some awesome offense from the Titans this year.

I liked A.J. Brown's quote when the trade went through.

"Please excuse my language my language when I say this 'Y'all done fucked up!'"

Julio is no spring chicken,
No, but with his level of talent, he'll still be lighting defenses up for a while, yet. I'm a rabid Bama fan and many are the Saturdays I celebrated because of Julio. He still has family in the same county I reside in. He came from down-to-earth folks and hasn't been a source of embarrassment for them OR our state and I appreciate that.

No, but with his level of talent, he'll still be lighting defenses up for a while, yet. I'm a rabid Bama fan and many are the Saturdays I celebrated because of Julio. He still has family in the same county I reside in. He came from down-to-earth folks and hasn't been a source of embarrassment for them OR our state and I appreciate that.

Being a lifelong Bama fan, it still amazes me that we have put some of the best receivers in the NFL. Julio is a one of a kind talent. I loved watching him take on linebackers and safeties when he played for the Crimson Tide.

And, like you said, no embarrassing nonsense from him. I remember reading about one of the first years he was with the Falcons, he cut off the dreadlocks and donated them to Locks of Love. No fanfare and not seeking praise, he just did it.

Being a lifelong Bama fan, it still amazes me that we have put some of the best receivers in the NFL. Julio is a one of a kind talent. I loved watching him take on linebackers and safeties when he played for the Crimson Tide.

And, like you said, no embarrassing nonsense from him. I remember reading about one of the first years he was with the Falcons, he cut off the dreadlocks and donated them to Locks of Love. No fanfare and not seeking praise, he just did it.
The SEC and Southern football is the best and has put many men into Pro football.

He chose poorly

Where do you think the right choice would have been? And did Jones have the choice?
Tampa. His catch radius and Brady....to quote Dennis Hopper..."Bad Things Man". Talk about some options on 3rd and 5 between Jones and Gronk.

If I'm in the NFC...I'm very happy he's out of my conference and even happier that he didn't wind up with Brady.

He chose poorly

Where do you think the right choice would have been? And did Jones have the choice?
Tampa. His catch radius and Brady....to quote Dennis Hopper..."Bad Things Man". Talk about some options on 3rd and 5 between Jones and Gronk.

If I'm in the NFC...I'm very happy he's out of my conference and even happier that he didn't wind up with Brady.
Think Tampa has a full house of fine receivers.

He chose poorly

Think Tampa has a full house of fine receivers.
A couple of injuries.... Just saying.

I think Julio Jones has a couple of good seasons left in him. And the defenses will have to put coverage on him, which will allow passes to the other receivers.

Julio Jones is no longer a Falcon. The Atlanta Falcons veteran all-pro wide receiver has been traded to the Tennessee Titans.

Julio is no spring chicken, but he is still a viable threat that will have to be covered well. He wants the deep ball, and can still over power younger cornerbacks and safeties.

Ryan Tannehill is one of the better long ball QBs playing right now. With Julio on one side and A.J. Brown on the other, defensive coaches will be pulling their hair out trying to scheme against them.

Add in the amazing running game of Derrick Henry, and we could see some awesome offense from the Titans this year.
With the loss of Julio Jones, the Falcons will have some serious deliberations to shore up this pitiful 4 & 12 team, 18 more points given up on defense than scored on offense. Then having to play total of 4 games against 12 & 4 Saints, and 11 & 5 Buccaneers (14 & 5 incl post-season).

Falcons will play the Bucs twice in 2021. Prepare to be shredded.

With the loss of Julio Jones, the Falcons will have some serious deliberations to shore up this pitiful 4 & 12 team, 18 more points given up on defense than scored on offense. Then having to play total of 4 games against 12 & 4 Saints, and 11 & 5 Buccaneers (14 & 5 incl post-season).

Falcons will play the Bucs twice in 2021. Prepare to be shredded.

The Falcons still have some talented receivers. Calvin Ridley is a great receiver. Kyle Pitts will be a rookie who becomes a star.

We will see what the 2021 season looks like.

The Falcons still have some talented receivers. Calvin Ridley is a great receiver. Kyle Pitts will be a rookie who becomes a star.

I got to hand you one thing - you have optimism.

I got to hand you one thing - you have optimism.

Eh, I really don't have a dog in that hunt.

I am a rabid college football fan, and lukewarm about the NFL. If I do pick a favorite pro team, I base my pick on the team with former Alabama Crimson Tide players. Which is why Julio Jones is a favorite of mine.

I think the TN Titans might surprise some people this year.

Eh, I really don't have a dog in that hunt.

I am a rabid college football fan, and lukewarm about the NFL. If I do pick a favorite pro team, I base my pick on the team with former Alabama Crimson Tide players. Which is why Julio Jones is a favorite of mine.

I think the TN Titans might surprise some people this year.
I wouldn't blame you for not being too interested in the Falcons.

I'm looking for the Bucs to go 16-0 this year.

BTW, I wonder how many people know that Mike Evans is the ONLY wide receiver in NFL history, to record 1,000 yards in all of his first 7 years. Since this seems to be a receiver thread, I couldn't resist popping that in here.

Here's a former Alabama crimson tide player who used to be my favorite player (and led Alabama to a natl championship) >>> :biggrin:

1625109643146.png

Forum List

Back