Julee Cruise, ‘Twin Peaks’ singer, dead at 65

Alan Stallion

Civil Rights Advocate
Dec 17, 2009
San Jose, California
Singer Julee Cruise, best known for her work with David Lynch on "Twin Peaks" and "Blue Velvet," has died at age 65.

Cruise’s husband, Edward Grinnan, confirmed the news in a Facebook post Thursday night.

"She left this realm on her own terms," he wrote of his late wife. "No regrets. She is at peace. I played her [the B-52s song] Roam during her transition. Now she will roam forever. Rest In Peace, my love, and love to you all."

Grinnan later told NPR that his wife died by suicide and struggled with "lupus, depression and alcohol and drug addiction."

(continued...)

----
Angelo Badalamenti and Julee Cruise laid the musical atmosphere of the iconic, enigmatic "Twin Peaks" show.

Falling (Twin Peaks Theme)

"Falling" hit #1 in Australia and #7 in United Kingdom. It got some moderate airplay in the U.S. but charted only at #11 on the alternative (modern rock) chart.

Last edited:
"It is happening again..."

TwinPeaks-ItIsHappeningAgain.jpg

"Rockin' Back Inside My Heart" transitions into "The World Spins" with an appearance by The Giant on Twin Peaks. The murder scene is mostly cut from this clip...

Since it was mentioned in the article as the final song she heard, here is "Roam." And Julee had been a touring member of the B-52s circa 1990...

Roam - The B-52s

Forum List

Back