‘Judges do not take orders from government’: Ex-chief justices ring alarm over Doug Ford wanting ‘like-minded’ judges

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
We are going to be weaponizing our courts in your manner just as our police do here.

They used my own wife, my own Gdamn wife against me as I suffered with her abuses. Some of these people, including Donald H think I don't know.

Save us America, the way the West Berliners took in the East Berliners who ran for freedom.

In the face of Premier Doug Ford repeatedly declaring that he wants to appoint “like-minded” judges who will put more people in jail, three former provincial court chief justices delivered a rare public rebuke Wednesday: “Judges do not take orders from government.”

Most Canadians I have talked with (present company excepted) seem to be politically correct robots who are programmed to utter meaningless platitudes. I do not know anything about Doug Ford, but the newspaper article you cited seems to conform to this banality.

If he was in the US, his "like-minded" quotation might be taken as a reference to judges who defer to the Constitution and believe in equal justice under the law. Is this what he is saying, or is it something else?

Most Canadians I have talked with (present company excepted) seem to be politically correct robots who are programmed to utter meaningless platitudes. I do not know anything about Doug Ford, but the newspaper article you cited seems to conform to this banality.

If he was in the US, his "like-minded" quotation might be taken as a reference to judges who defer to the Constitution and believe in equal justice under the law. Is this what he is saying, or is it something else?
A politician shouldn't put their thumb on the scale.of.justice.and only intervene in the case.of abuses against citizens BY the state, not support those who will wield abuses FOR the state. Ontario, like much of Canada, is economically dead. He.and his predecessors are a big reason why as our Police State expands just as it did in the old Soviet Union with predictable results. We.constantly lose our best and brightest for a reason...

Forum List

Back