Judge To Hear Defamation Case From Woman Accusing Trump Of Sexual Misconduct

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Summer Zervos’ attorney confirmed that oral arguments will take place over Trump’s motion to dismiss the case.

A defamation lawsuit involving President Donald Trump’s alleged sexual harassment of a former contestant on “The Apprentice” is scheduled to be heard in court next Tuesday.

Summer Zervos, who accused Trump of sexually harassing her, is suing the president for defamation after he repeatedly called her allegations a “hoax” and claimed his presidential opponent Hillary Clinton’s campaign hired her to slander him.

Gloria Allred, Zervos’ attorney, confirmed the appearance to HuffPost, saying that a New York Supreme Court judge will hear oral arguments next week regarding the Trump legal team’s motion to dismiss the case.

Zervos was one of 16 women who came forward during the 2016 presidential campaign to accuse Trump of harassment or assault. She accused Trump of groping and forcibly kissing her on several occasions in 2007.

Many of the women, including Zervos, decided to come forward in October 2016 after a 2005 video surfaced showing Trump bragging to “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush about touching women without their consent and boasting that he can “grab them by the pussy.”

More: Judge To Hear Defamation Case From Woman Accusing Trump Of Sexual Misconduct

Good news to hear women are moving forward against Trump.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr..._5a2054bae4b0392a4ebc50f6?section=us_politics

Summer Zervos’ attorney confirmed that oral arguments will take place over Trump’s motion to dismiss the case.

A defamation lawsuit involving President Donald Trump’s alleged sexual harassment of a former contestant on “The Apprentice” is scheduled to be heard in court next Tuesday.

Summer Zervos, who accused Trump of sexually harassing her, is suing the president for defamation after he repeatedly called her allegations a “hoax” and claimed his presidential opponent Hillary Clinton’s campaign hired her to slander him.

Gloria Allred, Zervos’ attorney, confirmed the appearance to HuffPost, saying that a New York Supreme Court judge will hear oral arguments next week regarding the Trump legal team’s motion to dismiss the case.

Zervos was one of 16 women who came forward during the 2016 presidential campaign to accuse Trump of harassment or assault. She accused Trump of groping and forcibly kissing her on several occasions in 2007.

Many of the women, including Zervos, decided to come forward in October 2016 after a 2005 video surfaced showing Trump bragging to “Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush about touching women without their consent and boasting that he can “grab them by the pussy.”

More: Judge To Hear Defamation Case From Woman Accusing Trump Of Sexual Misconduct

I wonder how far this will get?

"I am completely shocked and bewildered by my cousin, Summer Zervos, and her press conference today. Ever since she was on The Apprentice she has had nothing but glowing things to say about Mr. Trump. For almost a decade, my cousin would talk about how much she looked up to Mr. Trump and viewed him as an inspiration – a success story she wanted to copy. Summer would also talk about how kind and caring Mr. Trump was on the show, and how he would even visit children in hospitals without telling the press. She has praised the good things he's done for her life, and in fact she converted her friends and our family to become Trump supporters even though we’ve never been active in politics before.
That was until Summer invited Mr. Trump to her restaurant during the primary and he said no. I think Summer wishes she could still be on reality TV, and in an effort to get that back she’s saying all of these negative things about Mr. Trump. That’s not how she talked about him before. I can only imagine that Summer’s actions today are nothing more than an attempt to regain the spotlight at Mr. Trump’s expense, and I don’t think it reflects well.” – John Barry, Mission Viejo, CA (first cousin of Summer Zervos)

John Barry has every right to respond.

Let's see if says the same things under oath. And if there is no link to his quote, then it's not true.

"I am completely shocked and bewildered by my cousin, Summer Zervos, and her press conference today. Ever since she was on The Apprentice she has had nothing but glowing things to say about Mr. Trump. For almost a decade, my cousin would talk about how much she looked up to Mr. Trump and viewed him as an inspiration – a success story she wanted to copy. Summer would also talk about how kind and caring Mr. Trump was on the show, and how he would even visit children in hospitals without telling the press. She has praised the good things he's done for her life, and in fact she converted her friends and our family to become Trump supporters even though we’ve never been active in politics before.
That was until Summer invited Mr. Trump to her restaurant during the primary and he said no. I think Summer wishes she could still be on reality TV, and in an effort to get that back she’s saying all of these negative things about Mr. Trump. That’s not how she talked about him before. I can only imagine that Summer’s actions today are nothing more than an attempt to regain the spotlight at Mr. Trump’s expense, and I don’t think it reflects well.” – John Barry, Mission Viejo, CA (first cousin of Summer Zervos)

Funny. I look forward to also hearing from the first cousins of all of Trump's other 15 accusers.

This is a mind tactic that they are using to make sure that Pres.Trump doesn't help Senator Moore while he is in office. To move Pres.Trump out of the way while they are attacking Senator Moore to remove him. If the President gets involve, that they will say, "Look at the president, He is trying to protect his own kind". But the President can tell them at least his mname is not on this list. Congressional ‘Shush Fund’ payoff chart 1997-2017

Funny. I look forward to also hearing from the first cousins of all of Trump's other 15 accusers.
Yeah, me too. Especially the one who claimed he groped her at the Ray Charles concert. The one that was CANCELLED. That'll be interesting to watch, won't it?

This is a mind tactic that they are using to make sure that Pres.Trump doesn't help Senator Moore while he is in office. To move Pres.Trump out of the way while they are attacking Senator Moore to remove him. If the President gets involve, that they will say, "Look at the president, He is trying to protect his own kind". But the President can tell them at least his mname is not on this list. Congressional ‘Shush Fund’ payoff chart 1997-2017

You goofball, this process started nearly a year ago....you know, when none of you pedo-defenders had ever even heard of Roy Moore....

She’s suing for defamation. None of the women can sue for the actual assaults due to statute of limitations.

If successful, I can see a rather disturbing precedent that this lawsuit could create—the idea that in denying an accusation, and defending one's self against an accusation, one is, in effect, slandering the accuser.

I don't think it'll fly.

God forbid we are condemned by the things family members might say about us: you can choose your friends but you cannnot choose family. Mine are predominately spiteful and toxic, at the very least uninformed. Her's may be too.

Another conspiracy!?
5009122.jpg

None of the women can sue for the actual assaults due to statute of limitations.
As well as lack of proof.

There is corroborating evidence in a number of these cases.
Historically, they don't stand a chance. Too much doubt for legal penalties, civil or criminal.

On the sexual assaults there is no chance. But on this defamation suit, she’ll have a pretty good chance. He did slander and threaten the women who came forward. If she can prove damages, she’s got a good shot.

He did slander and threaten the women who came forward.

I don't think that will fly. He can call them liars and gold-diggers. Slander includes malicious intent, which must be proven, correct me if I'm wrong. Calling someone a liar who is also calling you a liar does not meet that standard.

He's not just folllowing marching orders, Ryan is one of the people who issues the marching orders. The GOP is temporarily shielding Trump. Clearly, they have agreed to focus on anything but Trump. Fine by me. At least they arent defending him. And most importantly, they are all maintaining that plausible claim of separation from Trump.

It doesn't take a genius to understand why they are doing that.

Forum List

Back