Judge throws out S.F. law allowing non-citizens to vote in school board elections

Wyomingduck

Rookie
Sep 3, 2022
I was researching Nancy Pelosi and her California 12th district for a new video I am making about the November elections and I came across this, I have really not been here much since I ended up in the hospital for two months back in March. I searched but I didn't see anyone making a topic about it..

AUGUST 1, 2022​

9:52 AM​

EDSOURCE STAFF

A judge has thrown out San Francisco’s practice of allowing non-U.S. citizens to vote in school board elections.

San Francisco Superior Court Judge Richard Ulmer, in a decision released Friday, found that noncitizen voting violated the state constitution, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. He struck down a city ordinance that allowed it.

“Transcendent law of California, the Constitution … reserves the right to vote to a United States citizen, contrary to (the) San Francisco ordinance,” Ulmer said in a ruling that prohibits the city from enforcing the ordinance or counting noncitizens’ votes, the Chronicle reported.

The ordinance, the first of its kind in the state, was approved by city voters as Proposition N in 2016 and took effect in 2018. The Board of Supervisors extended it indefinitely in 2021. It allows noncitizens, including undocumented immigrants and legal residents, to vote for school board candidates if they are a parent or guardian of a school-age child and are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.

Last edited:
This reminds me on a side note something funny, when I was researching San Francisco's new minimum wage of $16.99 an hour, I was looking at Indeed and found out like half of San Francisco's, fast food jobs was offering jobs under the minimum I called the local San Francisco's Fox station and told them about it, and they said they already knew. I guess workers have been complaining they are not being paid the new minimum wage of $16.99 an hour

Last edited:
school board candidates if they are a parent or guardian of a school-age child and are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction--------------
---------------------------------------
that should be, after all they are sending their children to school.

What does this have to do with Nancy Pelosi?

school board candidates if they are a parent or guardian of a school-age child and are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction--------------
---------------------------------------
that should be, after all they are sending their children to school.

What does this have to do with Nancy Pelosi?
Congrats you just made next Fridays night Blue Collar Wrap up commentary...

it dawned on me the other day, By me Quitting debating and arguing on the the net after 25 plus years, (its unhealthy and not productive) I could take flaming, trolling to the ultimate level, its also like with you tube editing my one video on Newsome when I called him a snot nose kid, (Someone at You tube didn't like that one bit) All right, i will remember that, and next time, I will use a more clever way to fuck you up

lol

New Topics

Forum List

Back