Judge Refers Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio for Criminal Prosecution

Everybody lies. And I seriously doubt there's a completely honest county sheriff anywhere in the country.
Of course not. They're all elected officials.

What has that got to do anything? Are you saying elected officials are different?

You're view of the world is pathetic "People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody lies. And I seriously doubt there's a completely honest county sheriff anywhere in the country.
Of course not. They're all elected officials.

What has that got to do anything? Are you saying elected officials are different?

You're view of the world is pathetic "People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yes. Elected officials are different. Nobody ever gets elected telling people the truth.

‘In making the referral to the United States attorney’s office for criminal contempt charges, Judge G. Murray Snow of Federal District Court in Phoenix delivered the sharpest rebuke against Mr. Arpaio, who as the long-serving sheriff in Maricopa County made a name for himself as an unrelenting pursuer of undocumented immigrants.

Sheriff Arpaio and Chief Deputy Jerry Sheridan “have a history of obfuscation and subversion of this court’s orders that is as old as this case,” Judge Snow wrote in his order.

Sheriff Arpaio and Mr. Sheridan had also made numerous false statements under oath, Judge Snow wrote, and “there is also probable cause to believe that many if not all of the statements were made in an attempt to obstruct any inquiry into their further wrongdoing or negligence.”’

Arpaio is innocent until proven guilty, of course.

But given the evidence, the facts of the case, and Arpaio’s clear contempt for the rule of law, criminal prosecution is more than warranted.

First we had this jerk facing justice "Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca withdrew his guilty plea Monday to a charge of lying during an FBI investigation into the county’s jails, opting instead to take his chances at a high-stakes trial." -- Hopefully he gets the book thrown at him during sentencing, and we get the next biggest asswipe in law enforcement facing justice.

Judge Refers Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio for Criminal Prosecution
“When a federal court finds that a law enforcement official has lied to the court in an effort to cover up misconduct, and willfully flouted court orders, that official must be held to account.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/20/us/arizona-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

What a fraud

Ex-L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca pleads not guilty to new obstruction charges
Simple... It was unintentional. Case dismissed citing the Clintonian exception.
Simple: red herring fallacy.

The thread is about Arpaio, not Clinton.

But your failed attempt to deflect by lying is understandable.

Yes. Elected officials are different. Nobody ever gets elected telling people the truth.

What does your opinion here, have to do with the thread? What are you trying to say?

English, please! I would expect no less, from any supporter of Sheriff Joe
Who said I suppose Sheriff Joe? My tone...and calling him a liar...would seem to militate otherwise.

What does your opinion here, have to do with the thread? What are you trying to say?

Who said I suppose Sheriff Joe? My tone...and calling him a liar...would seem to militate otherwise.
You are providing him a defense. So you are supporting him. Wake up and smell the coffee

You are providing him a defense. So you are supporting him. Wake up and smell the coffee
What defense, skid mark?

Even a lizard would not voice his thoughts about Joe. :eusa_snooty:

Corruption, lying, defying court orders, he's going to get what he deserves. Now if only ALL politicians were held to that standard..

Corruption, lying, defying court orders, he's going to get what he deserves. Now if only ALL politicians were held to that standard..

What he deserves is to be tied down daily in one of his tents. Smear some peanut butter on him.

What he deserves is to be tied down daily in one of his tents. Smear some peanut butter on him.

Or we could just follow the law.

Or we could just follow the law.

The penal code or institutional law?

Forum List

Back