Judge overturns reinstatement of Seattle officer who punched handcuffed woman

In your opinion, does this officer deserve to be reinstated?

• Yes, in order to make an omlet you have to break a couple of eggs

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, he doesn't possess the level of professionalism required to do the job

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
She kicked him in the face. He has the right to respond. Hitting her is a reasonable response.

IF the fucking Bolsheviks like this pile of shit "judge" have their way then the ONLY option left to cops is to shoot. Then we wonder why there are so many police shootings.

As much as it is a bad response on his part, you make some sense. It's similar logic I suggest regarding prison sentences, that if you apply too much punishment for a particular crime, they will respond with a WORSE act (such as shooting any witnesses) since they want to avoid the initial hard time. Many conservatives (and even many libertarians) disagree with me on this point.

It's a fine line though, especially when he is a cop and she is handcuffed. I can't imagine anyone being kicked hard in the jaw and not reacting in some way. It's a an instinctive response. The question is, was a hard punch to the face necessary?

The cop was kicked in the face. The lady if you can call her one is lucky that a fist to her face was the only thing that she experienced.

God bless you and the cop always!!!

Holly

If liberals get their way with court rulings like this, nobody will want to be a police officer.

While all of this was occuring, the state of Washington issued an armed PI license to him

by KOMO Staff

Friday, August 16th 2019
0e9248aa-dca3-4648-aaee-dfb9a8a79d7c-large16x9_181120_pio_miyekko_durden_bosley_986.jpg

Miyekko Durden-Bosley is seen after the attack. (Screengrab courtesy of Youtube)
email.svg

SEATTLE — Seattle Police Officer Adley Shepherd was seen on video in 2014 punching a woman in handcuffs after she kicked him in the jaw.

The incident has gone back and forth between arbitrators and the courts, leading to a firing, reinstatement and now, another firing.

On June 22, 2014, Miyekko Durden-Bosley was handcuffed in the backseat of Shepherd's patrol car.

According to court documents, Durden-Bosley kicked Shepherd in the jaw. He stepped back out of the car door and said, "she kicked me," before re-entering the back seat area. He then punched Durden-Bosley in the area of her right eye and caused minimally displaced orbital wall and orbital floor fractures.

Durden-Bosley also reportedly sustained broken bones in her face and a concussion after she was punched.

She was taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment and then jailed for four days and spent much of the time sick due to the head injury.

In June 2016, Durden-Bosley settled federal claims against the city and Shepherd. Durden-Bosley and her attorneys were to be paid $195,000 in exchange for dropping a lawsuit brought by Durden-Bosley in 2015.

Patrol car video captured the incident, which led to Shepherd being put on paid administrative leave for 29 months, then officially fired in November 2016.

In November 2018, an independent arbitrator determined Shepherd was wrongfully terminated and could return to his job and receive back pay.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE | Seattle cop fired for punching woman can have his job back

"Officer Shepherd, in an attempt to stop the woman from further assaulting him, punched the woman once," the Seattle Police Officers Guild said in a previous statement.

The arbitrator, who was selected jointly by the City of Seattle and the guild, ruled after hearing several days of testimony, that firing was too severe a punishment and ordered that the termination be dismissed.

The police guild hailed the arbitrator's decision and said it was "pleased" that the firing had been overturned.

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best made the determination to not reinstate the officer and Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes sought the case to be reviewed in King County Superior Court.

A judge ruled Friday that the firing was just and vacated the arbitrator's award.

In a joint statement, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Holmes said in part, "We knew the arbitrator’s decision to reinstate Officer Shepherd was wrong from the outset, and Chief Carmen Best was right to not reinstate the officer immediately. We understood that Judge Robart had deep concerns about this case. We shared those concerns about how this incident deeply impacted public confidence, which is why we pursued the appeal."

Continued here
Only government should be allowed to carry guns.

While all of this was occuring, the state of Washington issued an armed PI license to him

by KOMO Staff

Friday, August 16th 2019
0e9248aa-dca3-4648-aaee-dfb9a8a79d7c-large16x9_181120_pio_miyekko_durden_bosley_986.jpg

Miyekko Durden-Bosley is seen after the attack. (Screengrab courtesy of Youtube)
email.svg

SEATTLE — Seattle Police Officer Adley Shepherd was seen on video in 2014 punching a woman in handcuffs after she kicked him in the jaw.

The incident has gone back and forth between arbitrators and the courts, leading to a firing, reinstatement and now, another firing.

On June 22, 2014, Miyekko Durden-Bosley was handcuffed in the backseat of Shepherd's patrol car.

According to court documents, Durden-Bosley kicked Shepherd in the jaw. He stepped back out of the car door and said, "she kicked me," before re-entering the back seat area. He then punched Durden-Bosley in the area of her right eye and caused minimally displaced orbital wall and orbital floor fractures.

Durden-Bosley also reportedly sustained broken bones in her face and a concussion after she was punched.

She was taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment and then jailed for four days and spent much of the time sick due to the head injury.

In June 2016, Durden-Bosley settled federal claims against the city and Shepherd. Durden-Bosley and her attorneys were to be paid $195,000 in exchange for dropping a lawsuit brought by Durden-Bosley in 2015.

Patrol car video captured the incident, which led to Shepherd being put on paid administrative leave for 29 months, then officially fired in November 2016.

In November 2018, an independent arbitrator determined Shepherd was wrongfully terminated and could return to his job and receive back pay.

PREVIOUS COVERAGE | Seattle cop fired for punching woman can have his job back

"Officer Shepherd, in an attempt to stop the woman from further assaulting him, punched the woman once," the Seattle Police Officers Guild said in a previous statement.

The arbitrator, who was selected jointly by the City of Seattle and the guild, ruled after hearing several days of testimony, that firing was too severe a punishment and ordered that the termination be dismissed.

The police guild hailed the arbitrator's decision and said it was "pleased" that the firing had been overturned.

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best made the determination to not reinstate the officer and Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes sought the case to be reviewed in King County Superior Court.

A judge ruled Friday that the firing was just and vacated the arbitrator's award.

In a joint statement, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Holmes said in part, "We knew the arbitrator’s decision to reinstate Officer Shepherd was wrong from the outset, and Chief Carmen Best was right to not reinstate the officer immediately. We understood that Judge Robart had deep concerns about this case. We shared those concerns about how this incident deeply impacted public confidence, which is why we pursued the appeal."

Continued here
Only government should be allowed to carry guns.

A disarmed population is an OBEDIENT population.

mrz081419dAPR_A20190814104514.jpg

On Disobedience and the Taking of Prisoners

USMB software freaks out if it sees a Russian word, even if romanized in English letters. Therefore, we cannot post this URL:

17 Aug 2019 Novaya Gazeta (Moscow): Protest Color: Black: Hong Kong's Rioting Youth Fulfills the Covenant of Kung Fu Master Bruce Lee
'....Rupert Hogg, the head of Cathay Pacific, the largest airlines in Hong Kong, resigned on Friday, actually joining a campaign of disobedience to Beijing's growing assault on the rights and freedoms of the former British colony.'

She kicked him in the jaw. He punched her in order to subdue her and stop her from attacking. If she was a he, no one would care. Another case of women and media demanding that women be treated the same as men, except when it suits them to play the “I’m just a girl” victim.
The police are not allowed to assault a person they've taken into custody and is in cuffs. From all appearances Shepherd hit her in retaliation for kicking at him and making contact, not in self-defense, even the judge said so.

More importantly no matter how angry or impatient he was, our law enforcement officers are paid to behave in a professional manner even when the people they're dealing with are at their worse.

Just because someone is in handcuffs doesn’t mean they can’t assault someone. As has already been established, she KICKED him in the JAW while she was handcuffed.

Let see if someone kicks you in the jaw if you wouldn’t automatically hit them back, even if it isn’t “self defense”.
/

I lived with that for three years. He used incredible restraint. Yes, reinstate.
You lived with that woman for three years?
No. Don't be a Dick. I didn't say that woman. I was referring to the situation.
Lighten up, Francis. I was being facetious.
Wrong. Just being mean and nasty.
And another USMB poster to Scroll On By.
Lighten up, Francis. Speak for yourself.

She kicked him in the jaw. He punched her in order to subdue her and stop her from attacking. If she was a he, no one would care. Another case of women and media demanding that women be treated the same as men, except when it suits them to play the “I’m just a girl” victim.

Evidently, the cop was suffering from highly elevated testicles.

I lived with that for three years. He used incredible restraint. Yes, reinstate.
You lived with that woman for three years?
No. Don't be a Dick. I didn't say that woman. I was referring to the situation.
Lighten up, Francis. I was being facetious.
Wrong. Just being mean and nasty.
And another USMB poster to Scroll On By.
Lighten up, Francis. Speak for yourself.
I did just that. FFS, you really are fucking USMB Sock. Congrats.

Forum List

Back