Judge nixes effort to block Confederate statue's removal, Sessions should be outraged

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A last-ditch effort to block the removal of a monument to a Confederate general in New Orleans was rejected Wednesday by a Louisiana judge who turned away arguments that the city doesn't own the statue or the land on which it sits.

"This has gone on an inordinate amount of time," Judge Kern Reese said as he outlined reasons for his refusal to grant an injunction protecting the statue of Gen. P.G.T Beauregard. It was a reference to state and federal court battles that delayed removal of the Beauregard monument and three others for more than a year.

Judge rejects effort to block Confederate statue's removal

looks like this pilgrim is riding off into his last sunset...

ah, the good ole days of enslaving people, then drinking a few mint juleps and watch them make you rich

Sorry General B, off to oblivion with ya! lol

1024x1024.jpg

If there are any living slaves they could ask for it to come down, I'm 50 and to this day I've never met one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any evidence that this particular general was a slave owner or a slave dealer?

Is there any evidence that this particular general was a slave owner or a slave dealer?

Good point. All I could find was evidence to the contrary:

>> He was active in the Reform Party, an association of conservative New Orleans businessmen, which spoke in favor of civil rights and voting for the recently freed slaves, hoping to form alliances between African-Americans and Democrats to vote out the Radical Republicans in the state legislature.[50] << (Wiki)

>> After the war he spoke in favor of civil and voting rights for the freed men, making him unpopular among his fellow Confederates. Yet, he proved effective helping develop a "New South" of business and industry. Beauregard was not at heart a supporter of slavery, nor did he really want to see the federal government destroyed. It was local loyalty to his home state Louisiana rather than to the federal government that swayed his decision to fight for the South. << --- New World Encyclopedia

>> He was active in the Reform Party, an association of conservative New Orleans businessmen, which spoke in favor of civil rights and voting for the recently freed slaves, hoping to form alliances between African-Americans and Democrats to vote out the Radical Republicans in the state legislature.[50] << (Wiki)

>> After the war he spoke in favor of civil and voting rights for the freed men, making him unpopular among his fellow Confederates. Yet, he proved effective helping develop a "New South" of business and industry. Beauregard was not at heart a supporter of slavery, nor did he really want to see the federal government destroyed. It was local loyalty to his home state Louisiana rather than to the federal government that swayed his decision to fight for the South. << --- New World Encyclopedia

Good for you for delving deeper than the MSM propaganda.

Because Democrat judges didn't like the man's French name, they crapped on an Italian early civil rights leader.

That's why we study history and can't forget it.

Because Democrat judges didn't like the man's French name, they crapped on an Italian early civil rights leader.

What the fuck are you yammering about now? What "Italian early civil rights leader"? What "Democrat judges"? Are you lost?

That's why we study history and can't forget it.

Then you're admitting your post 4 is bullshit.

Good for you for delving deeper than the MSM propaganda.

I don't know (or care) what the MSM propaganda is; I'm interested in facts. As always.

Interesting guy. Was CEO of a local railroad that is now the historic St. Charles Streetcar line and invented a cable car system apparently still being used in San Francisco.

He wasn't either a slave owner or dealer. He was in the military his entire life.

seems DISGUSTING to me that people are blocked from mourning their dead.

Nobody's "blocked" from mourning anything. They simply want to move a statue. That's it.

oh----will the want grave stones removed too?

Forum List

Back