Judge Angered by Hidden Evidence in Wrongful Conviction of Louisiana Man

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
ullivan Walter, 53, has been exonerated from a 36-year-old conviction in a home-invasion rape he did not commit in 1986, according to The Associated Press. Judge Darryl Derbigny was angered, finding that the evidence that could’ve cleared Walter’s name never made it to the jury. Walter spent his whole life in prison for no reason.

For many of the recent Black exoneration cases, the reason for the wrongful convictions were the same: hidden evidence, a botched investigation or crappy attorneys. In Walter’s case, there were a couple of “red flags” leading to his conviction at just 17 years old. First off, attorney Emily Maw said Walter was mistakenly identified in a lineup six weeks after the incident. Per court documents, the victim couldn’t see the culprit as he was masked in an unlit room.

Secondly, Walter’s previous counsel failed to point out conflicting statements from investigators and missteps during his appeal process. The cherry on top was finding that the blood and semen collected from the victim did not match that of Walter. This evidence wasn’t provided to the jury.

“To say this was unconscionable is an understatement,” Derbigny told Walter, via AP News.

So this man went to prison at 17yrs old for a crime he didn't commit, how much should the State of Louisiana owe him for this injustice?

I want to see what the usual forum racist who love to holler about black crime have to say about this injustice.

I want to see what the boot lickers who defend these clowns have to say about this injustice.

It is because of garbage like this that we have groups like BLM and others.

ullivan Walter, 53, has been exonerated from a 36-year-old conviction in a home-invasion rape he did not commit in 1986, according to The Associated Press. Judge Darryl Derbigny was angered, finding that the evidence that could’ve cleared Walter’s name never made it to the jury. Walter spent his whole life in prison for no reason.

For many of the recent Black exoneration cases, the reason for the wrongful convictions were the same: hidden evidence, a botched investigation or crappy attorneys. In Walter’s case, there were a couple of “red flags” leading to his conviction at just 17 years old. First off, attorney Emily Maw said Walter was mistakenly identified in a lineup six weeks after the incident. Per court documents, the victim couldn’t see the culprit as he was masked in an unlit room.

Secondly, Walter’s previous counsel failed to point out conflicting statements from investigators and missteps during his appeal process. The cherry on top was finding that the blood and semen collected from the victim did not match that of Walter. This evidence wasn’t provided to the jury.

“To say this was unconscionable is an understatement,” Derbigny told Walter, via AP News.

So this man went to prison at 17yrs old for a crime he didn't commit, how much should the State of Louisiana owe him for this injustice?

I want to see what the usual forum racist who love to holler about black crime have to say about this injustice.

I want to see what the boot lickers who defend these clowns have to say about this injustice.

Come on SuperConspiracyBrother, you know that dude was guilty.

All Black people do is rape.

:laughing0301:

Seriously, this is never gonna stop until the people responsible serve the same sentence.

I say he should be a millionaire by the state, and hope he lives the rest of his life in luxury. Anything you want to add?

The man was wrongfully convicted, any police officers involved in the investigation and attorneys still alive should be arrested and tried. That's just unconscionable.

Odds are, he's guilty of the crime. Basically, there's other evidence beyond that which was not introduced, and there could be more to the reason it wasn't, among so many other evidence having bearing on the case.

This trend of freeing black criminals on flimsy technical reasons is an insult to the judicial system. There are trials, juries, prosecutors and defense attorneys who did their jobs to the best of their abilities, then there is a reasonable time period to appeal.

This judge's revision in a far removed time period focusing on usually one or two debatable isolated aspects of the trial is a farce.

This particular judge is a black Democrat who taught defense to law students. He's been in other controversial cases where he's been accused of bias.

Of course, all of the blacks and Leftist media declare this guy innocent or exonerated, but that is not the case.

It's bullshit.

In recent years I've taken the time to track down and investigate about four of these cases and in all of them I ultimately came away convinced the convicted did the crime. This is likely the same: He did it.

I guess payback's still a bitch. They turned the system around so that mom and pop (white) Jan 6 demonstrators get four to seven years for being republicans.

Odds are, he's guilty of the crime. Basically, there's other evidence beyond that which was not introduced, and there could be more to the reason it wasn't, among so many other evidence having bearing on the case.

This trend of freeing black criminals on flimsy technical reasons is an insult to the judicial system. There are trials, juries, prosecutors and defense attorneys who did their jobs to the best of their abilities, then there is a reasonable time period to appeal.

This judge's revision in a far removed time period focusing on usually one or two debatable isolated aspects of the trial is a farce.

This particular judge is a black Democrat who taught defense to law students. He's been in other controversial cases where he's been accused of bias.

Of course, all of the blacks and Leftist media declare this guy innocent or exonerated, but that is not the case.

It's bullshit.

In recent years I've taken the time to track down and investigate about four of these cases and in all of them I ultimately came away convinced the convicted did the crime. This is likely the same: He did it.

Not matching the DNA evidence isn't exactly flimsy but you know that.

Our press uses the word “exonerated” very carelessly.

That said, if the guy was actually innocent and the evidence of his possible evidence was withheld, then certainly an unjust conviction that cost this man so much of his Fresno should yield a huge settlement.

And no one responsible will ever be held accountable.

One wonders how they sleep at night.
With 3 genocides under his belt obama sleeps at night. Pelosi has ripped off the people of San Francisco from her first day in office. She sleeps at night. biden told us what he would do and did it, turning America into a third world shit hole where none of our allies trust us. and he sleeps 24/7.

With 3 genocides under his belt obama sleeps at night. Pelosi has ripped off the people of San Francisco from her first day in office. She sleeps at night. biden told us what he would do and did it, turning America into a third world shit hole where none of our allies trust us. and he sleeps 24/7.
They lack a conscience. That's why.

Once again, as in most abusers of power in society, there won't be consequences for the violator and thus it will continue and erode faith in government.

I know first hand about the abuses by police in Canada, so do some of the police chiefs and unknown to them some very key U.S and European politicians. I sit without a record nor allegations and the Creepy Ones work O.T to interfere with everything from my visit to a church to my hospital visits.

Justice is a slippery slope and following the wrong path is destructive to everyone. In Canada it's the social economic status at birth that feeds the perverse ambitions of the Creepy Ones, regardless of race.

Last edited:

Welp..they've already taken care of him for most of his life as an incarcerated man, they might as well take care of him for the rest of his life as a free man, and much more comfortably, too.

Justice, they say. 🤦

Corn grows pretty tall.

It's bullshit.

Odds are you are a racist ass coward and it is because of cowards like you that we see these types of atrocities happen.

And when you have BLATANT BIAS AND CORRUPTION in the justice system -- you don't hear these Trumpers say a word....in fact, in their mind..that is justice.....

But the minute their cult leader is being investigated -- suddenly the whole legal system is corrupt....

Our press uses the word “exonerated” very carelessly.

That said, if the guy was actually innocent and the evidence of his possible evidence was withheld, then certainly an unjust conviction that cost this man so much of his Fresno should yield a huge settlement.
Why just a settlement?? Why not law enforcement being thrown in prison?? The investigators, the prosecutors?

Why do yall be so complacent with ACTUAL corruption by the Justice System when those on the wrong end of it are black folks??

This is why no one believes you when you talk about how corrupt the FBI and DOJ are......because when there is actual corruption, you folks are dead silent....

Odds are you are a racist ass coward and it is because of cowards like you that we see these types of atrocities happen.
No, I'm certain you're just a small-minded racist a**hole who can't deal with another's reasonable opinion so you resort to yelling "raycis!" like the fool you are.

Which is another reason you're wrong — you're an idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back