Josephine Baker, music hall star and civil rights activist, enters Panthéon

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is a big deal and I am surprised that there is no thread about it. You should celebrate your great people.
SHe fled racism in the US and became a star in France where she later joined the resistance by spying on the Nazis.
An inspiration to any young American girl.

This is a big deal and I am surprised that there is no thread about it. You should celebrate your great people.
SHe fled racism in the US and became a star in France where she later joined the resistance by spying on the Nazis.
Apparently you Europeans loved seeing her ta-tas.

Never knew she was a spy in WW2 :salute::thup:

She renounced her U.S. citizenship and became a French citizen. Wouldn't that make her France's?

She was a beautiful woman...

She renounced her U.S. citizenship and became a French citizen. Wouldn't that make her France's?

She was a beautiful woman...
She was driven out of the US and enjoyed the freedom that living in France gave her. A handful of Missouri soil was buried in the Pantheon to commemorate her American roots.

Forum List

Back