John Yoo responds to democrat smears of the CIA....

Correlation does not equal causality.

The fact that the US took out AQ's Afghan bases, seized their accounts, dried up the economic resources, and put better security on soft targets had a lot more to do with stopping terrorist attacks than torturing some guy who probably had nothing to do with Al Qaeda.
The inherent contradiction in your post is probably lost on you. Bush saw to it that no subsequent terrorist attacks of much scale happened in the US. Whether the interrogation of al Qaeda operatives helped is unknown, but it is far greater stretch to say that it didn't than it did.

Bush succeeded.

That's not an answer. You know it. I know it. Someday Limbaugh will pull his head out long enough to know it.

Keep focusing on this issue and then pretend that this shit:
USAID programme used young Latin Americans to incite Cuba rebellion World news The Guardian

never happened. Or you can wait until somebody tells you how to react.
That information will be located on the back of a Wheaties box.
You've taken leave of whatever senses you had.

Bush's full-court press neutralized al Qaeda and led to bin Laden's death. Grasping at theoretical straws is not an argument.

I dunno, nothing that we did in Afghanistan seemed to matter in retrospect.

If we had went into Afghanistan with a black opp like we did in Pakistan, we would have saved lives money and time.

Eight years was a long time for Bin Laden to fly under the radar. Bush wasted most of our efforts by barking up the wrong tree.

2r24ro4.jpg

Who cares what it's called. It worked. I remember when they were saying it's not a question of if, but when. Bush succeeded in securing the US. Bottom line.

The bottom li
First the only reason liberals are calling it torture is because they lost in November. Secound enhanced interrogation got the info that killed Osama

tapatalk

Horsefeathers - not everyone calling torture what it is, are democrats; I voted republican - so that dog don't hunt.
Just like fakie is a republican

tapatalk

I could not give a good goddamned what your opinion of me is, shove it up your ass. You are the one making the claim that "Leeebs" are on this story only because they lost the election.

Think whatever garbage you want and no, I'm not a fucking Republican.

It was torture before.
Torture is not loud music abd getting wet you pussy

tapatalk

I'm getting sick and tired of you pink-belly'd mamma's boys bragging about how tough you are. I've seen your pictures - most of you guys on this site could use an oxygen tank.

What about keeping prisoners awake for a week at a time? It's called torture, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Who cares what it's called. It worked. I remember when they were saying it's not a question of if, but when. Bush succeeded in securing the US. Bottom line.

The bottom li
First the only reason liberals are calling it torture is because they lost in November. Secound enhanced interrogation got the info that killed Osama

tapatalk

Horsefeathers - not everyone calling torture what it is, are democrats; I voted republican - so that dog don't hunt.

tapatalk

I could not give a good goddamned what your opinion of me is, shove it up your ass. You are the one making the claim that "Leeebs" are on this story only because they lost the election.

No you are a hate America liberal

tapatalk

The bottom li

tapatalk

tapatalk

tapatalk

... And what do you base that on? The simple fact that I don't agree with you on this issue? Like I said, I could not care less what some whiny punk thinks about me. Go screw yourself and get back on topic.

Or don't read it and continue to prove you're a moron.

That guys a waste of time. Who cares what he thinks.

7 Key Points From the C.I.A. Torture Report
By JEREMY ASHKENAS, HANNAH FAIRFIELD, JOSH KELLER and PAUL VOLPE DEC. 9, 2014

The report released by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence discloses new details about the C.I.A.’s torture practices.

More coverage: Related Article | Does Torture Work? | A History of the Program
1. The C.I.A.’s interrogation techniques were more brutal and employed more extensively than the agency portrayed.
The report describes extensive waterboarding as a “series of near drownings” and suggests that more prisoners were subjected to waterboarding than the three prisoners the C.I.A. has acknowledged in the past. The report also describes detainees being subjected to sleep deprivation for up to a week, medically unnecessary “rectal feeding” and death threats. Conditions at one prison, described by a clandestine officer as a “dungeon,” were blamed for the death of a detainee, and the harsh techniques were described as leading to “psychological and behavioral issues, including hallucinations, paranoia, insomnia, and attempts at self-harm and self-mutilation.”

2. The C.I.A. interrogation program was mismanaged and was not subject to adequate oversight.
The report cites dissatisfaction among intelligence officers about the competence and training of interrogators. Those found to have violated agency policy were “rarely held accountable.” The architects of the program had never carried out a real interrogation. The report states that the C.I.A. resisted congressional oversight, restricted access to information, declined to answer questions about the program and “impeded oversight” by the agency's inspector general by providing false information.

3. The C.I.A. misled members of Congress and the White House about the effectiveness and extent of its brutal interrogation techniques.
The report says that the C.I.A. provided false and misleading information to members of Congress, the White House and the director of national intelligence about the program’s effectiveness. It asserts that a review of cases, in which the agency claims to have collected “actionable intelligence” it would have been unable to obtain by other means, calls into question the connection between the information and any “counterterrorism success.”

The report includes dozens of examples from C.I.A. Director Michael Hayden's April 12, 2007, testimony to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that highlight how his statements directly contradicted internal C.I.A records.
Hayden’s Testimony
“Now in June, after about four months of interrogation, Abu Zubaydah reached a point where he refused to cooperate and he shut down. He would not talk at all to the FBI interrogators and although he was still talking to CIA interrogators no significant progress was being made in learning anything of intelligence value. He was, to our eye, employing classic resistance to interrogation techniques and employing them quite effectively. And it was clear to us that we were unlikely to be able to overcome those techniques without some significant intervention.”
C.I.A. Records
C.I.A. records do not show that Abu Zubaydah stopped cooperating with interrogators. He had provided information on Qaeda activities, leadership and training, but had not given information about future attacks on the United States, which the C.I.A. believed he was witholding. He was put into isolation for 47 days when the interrogation team traveled, and during his next interrogation, the team used enhanced techniques, including waterboarding.

4. Interrogators in the field who tried to stop the brutal techniques were repeatedly overruled by senior C.I.A. officials.
C.I.A. personnel reported on multiple occasions to being “disturbed” by waterboarding and concerned over its legality. Officials, including the program’s architects, described the interrogation as a “template for future interrogation” of detainees. In one instance, a senior official pushed back against concern over the “legal limit” of brutal interrogation techniques by stating that the “guidelines for this activity” had been “vetted at the most senior levels of the agency.”

5. The C.I.A. repeatedly underreported the number of people it detained and subjected to harsh interrogation techniques under the program.
The report states that the C.I.A. never produced an accurate count or list of those it had detained or subjected to brutal interrogation techniques. The agency said it detained “fewer than 100 individuals,” but a review of agency records indicated that it held 119. It also underreported the number of detainees who were subjected to torture.

detainees-Artboard_2.png

The report includes the names of the 119 people detained from 2002 to 2008. Orange bars are those who were subjected to the enhanced interrogation techniques.

’07

’05

’06

HELD BY

C.I.A.

1 YEAR

2 YEARS

3 YEARS

Muhammed Rahim

About 240 days held

4 YEARS

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

About 1,260 days held

Abu Zubaydah

About 1,590 days held by the C.I.A.

6. At least 26 detainees were wrongfully held and did not meet the government’s standard for detention.
The report found that at least 26 detainees “were wrongfully held,” including an “intellectually challenged” man who was used as “leverage” to obtain information from a family member, two former intelligence sources and two individuals identified as threats by a detainee subjected to torture. Agency records were often incomplete and, in some cases, lacked sufficient information to justify keeping detainees in custody.

7. The C.I.A. leaked classified information to journalists, exaggerating the success of interrogation methods in an effort to gain public support.
The report found that the C.I.A. provided classified information to journalists but that the agency did not push to prosecute or investigate many of the leaks. C.I.A. officials asked officers to “compile information on the success” of the program to be shared with the news media in order to shape public opinion. The C.I.A. also mischaracterized events and provided false or incomplete information to the news media in an effort to gain public support.

The bottom li

tapatalk

tapatalk

tapatalk

... And what do you base that on? The simple fact that I don't agree with you on this issue? Like I said, I could not care less what some whiny punk thinks about me. Go screw yourself and get back on topic.
I base it on your history. Probably one of those cowards who are liberal but are afraid to admit it so call themselves independent. By the way you brought this up not i ,pussy

tapatalk

Last edited:
Let me clarify....I did not mean we keep those countries as our own territory...I meant keeping them from going back to the muslim terrorists like isis. We fought hard and lost lives taking this territory to keep the muslim terrorists from using them, and as a side line, it also gave the people of those countries a chance at real peace and freedom...and obama just cleared out our troops and handed them back over to the head choppers...

That is what I was trying to say....

Of course you guys realize the democrats didn't talk to anyone involved in the actual interrogations...right? and only the democrats did the report...right? And if the Republicans ever came out with a report done on their own, without talking to the main people involved, you would all just accept their findings....right? Especially if there was a known pre-existing antagonism toward the target of the report....right?

The bottom li

tapatalk

tapatalk

I base it on your history. Probably one of those cowards whobare liberal bitbare afraid to admit it so call themselves independent. By the way you brought this up not i ,pussy

tapatalk

You looked through all my posts? Did you notice I support responsible gun ownership? Or that I felt that George Zimmerman acted in self defense? Or that Affirmative action is illegal and immoral?

You weren't very thorough in your assessment ... you know ... just like are with regards to the CIA and it's misuse of it's authority....

Of course you guys realize the democrats didn't talk to anyone involved in the actual interrogations...right? and only the democrats did the report...right? And if the Republicans ever came out with a report done on their own, without talking to the main people involved, you would all just accept their findings....right? Especially if there was a known pre-existing antagonism toward the target of the report....right?

When Republicans found no mishandling of the Benghazi attack, you blamed it on dems as well.

Forum List

Back