John Schneider's "Good-bye, dad."

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
The Last 4 Photos of This Famous Actor Turn This Collection Into Something Surprising and Real - FaithIt.com

“Finally, I put my camera down. This was too real. It didn’t feel right to keep shooting.

So I walked up to him and hugged him.

He whispered in my ear ‘My Dad died about an hour ago. I found out during our lunch break. And I wanted you to capture that for me.’

Then he walked up to my screen, looked at the portraits and pointed to the last one (seen above, last) and said ‘That’s it. That’s my Dad.’

‘I’m so sorry.’ I said. I was stunned. Shocked. And deeply moved, obviously.
I didn’t want to ask any further questions out of respect.

John took off shortly thereafter to go back home to plan the next steps with his family.

I’ve since received official permission from John to share this story and these portraits with you. I will never forget this moment. And I want to thank John for inviting me into his story, even just for a moment and for allowing me to capture this for him.

As a father myself, I wept for him. We all did that day.”

• Banned
Schneider’s father, John Schnei*der Sr., an Air Force sergeant who ran an auto and aircraft upholstery business in the Westchester County hamlet of Katonah, died at age 83.

The two had a very close relationship, he said in an interview with Fathers.com in 2012.

“I’ve had a great dad,” he said. “I talk to him pretty often, although he lives in New York and I live in California. So we don’t go play golf every Saturday, *although I’d really like that.”

Schneider continues to mourn, giving The Post this statement: “There is a hole in New York where my father used to be.”

Pic captures 'Hazzard' star's reaction to father's death | Page Six

Forum List

Back