John Lennon

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I watched a show about him tonight. Dayum. I had no clue he was such a dick. And don't even get me started on Yoko.

Julian Lennon seems to be the only sane offspring cuz Sean Lennon is a dick too. And unfortunately, he inherited his dickishness from his dad and his non talent from his mother.

I watched a show about him tonight. Dayum. I had no clue he was such a dick. And don't even get me started on Yoko.

Julian Lennon seems to be the only sane offspring cuz Sean Lennon is a dick too. And unfortunately, he inherited his dickishness from his dad and his non talent from his mother.

What was that show Gracie, he's one of my musical heroes, I know he could be an asshole but I'd like to see if there's something I missed.

I didn't care much for John, he seemed like a jerk. Not always but a lot of the time. And Yoko, yeah, she gives new meaning to the word "bitch".

I always thought Lennon was a dick. Great songwriter, musical genius, but a total dick of a person. McCartney could be a dick too but not to the level of Lennon. In contrast, Harrison was a class act and Ringo was probably the most easy-going of the Beatles.

The beatles suck anyway

I disagree... sort of.

In context of music today, perhaps they are a bit lame and dated but they broke up in 1972. Music has evolved so much since then it's really hard to judge them in comparison.

The thing about the Beatles that most of the younger generations can't appreciate is the groundbreaking nature of what they did. They took rock-n-roll music into a different dimension and changed how it was forever. From innovations in recording style to provocative subject matter, they broke down all kinds of traditional barriers and made it "cool" to do your own thing.

Have you ever heard Julian's hit song?

He sounds just like his dad.

I disagree... sort of.

In context of music today, perhaps they are a bit lame and dated but they broke up in 1972. Music has evolved so much since then it's really hard to judge them in comparison.

The thing about the Beatles that most of the younger generations can't appreciate is the groundbreaking nature of what they did. They took rock-n-roll music into a different dimension and changed how it was forever. From innovations in recording style to provocative subject matter, they broke down all kinds of traditional barriers and made it "cool" to do your own thing.
It's hard to describe the impact the Beatles had with someone who wasn't there when it happened. Music in '63 was so bad, we went from this...

to this...

For many of us, life began on the Ed Sullivan show one night in 1964.

I have found that sometimes learning that the person behind the music is not a nice person distracts from the music itself. Thus, I have at times, gone out of my way to NOT learn about some artists so I can go on enjoying their art.

They broke up in 1970, not 72. They wrote about 240 songs and sold 1.6 billion singles in the U.S. so it's funny to hear somebody say they sucked. To each his own, I guess but I think they were great and I can't think of any two songs that sounded alike.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Lennon was a dope smoking, Communist, Hippie bastard of an asshole (oh wait, he was), he was probably THE most influential, ground breaking front man (aside from Elvis, maybe) ever. He, and the Beatles made music and art, that still influences artists today, like Adam Levine of Maroon 5. These two guys are cut from the same artistic cloth. Sure Adam is a much nicer guy, but John was WAAAAY more talented and ground breaking, sorry Adam.

Forum List

Back