John Deere to move assembly plant to Mexico.

About 10,100 striking UAW members shut down production in Iowa, Kansas and Illinois before workers approved a new six-year contract in November. They had rejected two earlier offers in the largest labor action in Iowa in decades.

Union members gained improved hourly wages and retirement benefits. At the low end of the pay grade, workers earn about $22 an hour, and at the top end, they're paid $33.
Deere said in an email that the strike — the first at the company since 1986 — was not a factor in its decision.

I'm sure that strike was never even discussed in making this decision. :puhleeze:

I think the company decided to do this, not politicians.
Maybe we should look at how competitive our labor is on a world scale.
The companies make these decisions because our politicians allow “free trade” with foreign countries and no protections for our companies and jobs here.

About 10,100 striking UAW members shut down production in Iowa, Kansas and Illinois before workers approved a new six-year contract in November. They had rejected two earlier offers in the largest labor action in Iowa in decades.

Union members gained improved hourly wages and retirement benefits. At the low end of the pay grade, workers earn about $22 an hour, and at the top end, they're paid $33.
Deere said in an email that the strike — the first at the company since 1986 — was not a factor in its decision.

I'm sure that strike was never even discussed in making this decision. :puhleeze:

Of course it was

The companies make these decisions because our politicians allow “free trade” with foreign countries and no protections for our companies and jobs here.
Protection of jobs here comes with a cost. We seem unwilling to pay that cost.it certainly isn't new, and I don't like it any more than anyone else.
However, given a choice in the store between a 25 dollar pair of Chinese shoes, and a 150 dollar pair of American red wings....there isn't much of a choice.

Protection of jobs here comes with a cost. We seem unwilling to pay that cost.it certainly isn't new, and I don't like it any more than anyone else.
However, given a choice in the store between a 25 dollar pair of Chinese shoes, and a 150 dollar pair of American red wings....there isn't much of a choice.
Well yes there is a price.

Slave labor is always cheaper. Should we have kept slavery legal? After all, it kept the prices of cotton down, right?

Joe Biden’s America. The Detroitifcation of America continues. Not just creating more and more ghettos, but shutting down what little manufacturing we have left and moving it to foreign countries.

View attachment 654475

View attachment 654474
So...Republican supporting corporations are leaving America........

I honestly don't know what the answer is. I wish I did. More importantly, I wish someone in charge had the answer .

We did….
AFF0DE7E-2654-43CB-AFDA-CE6978FD2989.jpeg

Forum List

Back