John Bolton Being Considered for Secretary of State

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
In addition, fierce infighting has erupted over some of the most important jobs in president-elect Trump’s administration -- particularly over Secretary of State. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has expressed strong interest in being the nation’s top diplomat. But other top figures in the transition had been backing John Bolton, a favorite of the neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party and a former United Nations ambassador under President George W. Bush.

Confirmation Fight

Bolton would likely face a tough confirmation fight in the Senate. Two other contenders have emerged in addition to Giuliani: former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, who served under Colin Powell, and Henry Paulson, who was Treasury Secretary under Bush, according to one person familiar with the transition.​

Trump Transition Stalls as Kushner Said to Oust Christie Allies

I'm surprised that Trump would consider anyone who was involved in the invasion of Iraq.

Trump needs to stay away from the NeoCon Bolton and the person that suggested Bolton's name in the first place.

I don't know that Bolton is the sort of half assed conservative many in the Bush regime were, he was openly contemptuous of the UN.

That's why I liked him.

In addition, fierce infighting has erupted over some of the most important jobs in president-elect Trump’s administration -- particularly over Secretary of State. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has expressed strong interest in being the nation’s top diplomat. But other top figures in the transition had been backing John Bolton, a favorite of the neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party and a former United Nations ambassador under President George W. Bush.

Confirmation Fight

Bolton would likely face a tough confirmation fight in the Senate. Two other contenders have emerged in addition to Giuliani: former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, who served under Colin Powell, and Henry Paulson, who was Treasury Secretary under Bush, according to one person familiar with the transition.​

I'm surprised that Trump would consider anyone who was involved in the invasion of Iraq.
Why? Obama appointed Clinton, Biden and Kerry, all of whom supported the invasion of Iraq.

I dont know much about Bolton, but have a hard time listening to him when he has been interviewed on TV. He comes off as extremely partisan and biased.

John Bolton Being Considered for Secretary of State
How about we compromise and go with Michael instead?

hqdefault.jpg

I would oppose Bolton being in his Administration. He's an old Bush Neocon Warmonger. Trump should pass on him.

Confirmation Fight

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL NEWS, he's an amazing talent and would be perfect in the role - a no-nonsense guy who GETS THINGS DONE.

Been a big fan of his for a long time, couldn't find a more perfect candidate.

Confirmation Fight

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL NEWS, he's an amazing talent and would be perfect in the role - a no-nonsense guy who GETS THINGS DONE.

Been a big fan of his for a long time, couldn't find a more perfect candidate.

Be careful. Bolton's an old Bush Neocon Warmonger. I would advise Trump to stay away from him.

Forum List

Back