Joe's economy posts HUGE increase in January Jobs Report

Ever since Quid Pro took office. We were told he had no control over the economy, that bad things were either TRUMP!'s fault or Putin's fault, or sunspots, or something, just never Quid Pro's. We just want a program so we know when we're supposed to boo and when we're supposed to cheer.

If bad economic news, orange man bad.

If good economic news, even if fake, Biden da man.

Are you talking about inflation and oil/gas prices?

Why are you being so vague?
Are you the OP's sock? I was asking him. I just remember hearing after Quid Pro took office and we complained about inflation (for one example) that we were supposed to blame TRUMP! and/or Putin because Quid Pro didn't control the economy. Now, in this thread, we're supposed to cheer Quid Pro because his economy is producing jobs? When did he assume responsibility for the economy, only when it did something good?

Joe runs an economy with lots of jobs.... everyone in Wall Street panics because the Fed is run by nuts and will keep raising rates until people have no jobs and are destitute.

View attachment 753306
The American labor market unleashed a burst of hiring in January, producing another wave of robust job growth even as interest rates continue to rise.

Employers added 517,000 jobs on a seasonally adjusted basis, the Labor Department said on Friday, an increase from 260,000 in December.

The unemployment rate was 3.4 percent, the lowest since 1969.

Even as hiring surged, wage growth slowed slightly to 0.3 percent compared with December.

Union Job Killing *Joes Keynesian economy is as bad if not worse than the Obomunists. Time for Cash for Clunkers round two.

Are you the OP's sock? I was asking him. I just remember hearing after Quid Pro took office and we complained about inflation (for one example) that we were supposed to blame TRUMP! and/or Putin because Quid Pro didn't control the economy. Now, in this thread, we're supposed to cheer Quid Pro because his economy is producing jobs? When did he assume responsibility for the economy, only when it did something good?
But presidents DON'T exercise any meaningful control over inflation and the war in Ukraine INDISPUTABLY, had a major effect.

I don't recall Grifty being blamed, except insofar as people were pointing out that oil/gas supplies were constrained, in part, because of an agreement Grifty boasted of effecting, calling for production cuts in the wake of the price collapse in late spring 2020.

I appreciate that challenges to your firmly held beliefs are intolerable, but facts be stubborn things.

You actually quoted 5th when you asked that question not the OP (me) so perhaps you should be a little better with your postings.

To answer your question, all I did was post facts. I didn’t claim Joe drove them. It is his economy. Right wing nuts like to claim Joe is destroying the economy when he isn’t as you can see by the numbers. The economy is healthy and no where near the disaster you guys paint.

Inflation was transitory but now that supply has caught back up I wouldn’t expect it to rear its ugly head again. All the screaming about oil? US exported a record amount of oil last month (all time record) and guess what? Prices remain where they’re at with Exxon taking $65B in profits. More records.

Look. You guys should look at the real numbers some time.

You actually quoted 5th when you asked that question not the OP (me) so perhaps you should be a little better with your postings.

To answer your question, all I did was post facts. I didn’t claim Joe drove them. It is his economy. Right wing nuts like to claim Joe is destroying the economy when he isn’t as you can see by the numbers. The economy is healthy and no where near the disaster you guys paint.

Inflation was transitory but now that supply has caught back up I wouldn’t expect it to rear its ugly head again. All the screaming about oil? US exported a record amount of oil last month (all time record) and guess what? Prices remain where they’re at with Exxon taking $65B in profits. More records.

What good would it do them?

They're all innumerate....much easier to insist that BLS and BEA lie to everyone, while Cavuto hand counts all employment.

So eggs are back down to 99c a dozen?

I was quoting you with my original post.

Rest of article......

The hefty hiring figures defied expectations and underscored the challenges facing the Federal Reserve, which is trying to cool the labor market in its effort to tame rapid inflation. By raising interest rates — on Wednesday, Fed officials did so for the eighth time in a year — policymakers hope to force businesses to pull back on their spending, including hiring.

Yet the labor market has remained extraordinarily tight. In addition to the report on Friday, the government released data this week showing that the number of posted jobs per available unemployed worker — a measure that policymakers have been watching closely — rose again in December. And despite a cavalcade of layoffs in the technology sector, the overall number of pink slips has stayed extremely low.

“The labor market is still incredibly hot,” said Beth Ann Bovino, the chief U.S. economist at S&P Global Ratings.

Still, some measures suggest that higher interest rates appear to be slowing other parts of the economy. Transactions in the housing market, which is particularly sensitive to rate increases, have plummeted as high mortgage rates make purchases too expensive for many would-be homeowners. Consumer spending fell at the end of last year, a sign that Americans were becoming more cautious in the face of rising prices, dwindling savings and fears of recession.

Many forecasters expect the labor market to also slow this year as the Fed’s rate moves filter through the economy.

Lots of retired people have to go back to work to put food on the table in Joe Biden's super-inflationary economy. It's sad.

Lots of retired people have to go back to work to put food on the table in Joe Biden's super-inflationary economy. It's sad.
We are talking jobs available - filled and unfilled. It has nothing to do with whether people want to work or not. Our healthy economy has lots of jobs available for people who want to work.

Oh, and you made that up. Inflation is running 2.4% last 6 months after digging out of the transitory inflation caused by the pandemic. Trump handled that well. :rolleyes:

We are talking jobs available - filled and unfilled. It has nothing to do with whether people want to work or not. Our healthy economy has lots of jobs available for people who want to work.

Oh, and you made that up. Inflation is running 2.4% last 6 months after digging out of the transitory inflation caused by the pandemic. Trump handled that well. :rolleyes:

Stop lying, bitch.

The annual inflation rate for the United States is 6.5% for the 12 months ended December 2022 after rising 7.1% previously, according to U.S. Labor Department data published Jan. 12. The next inflation update is scheduled for release on Feb. 14, 2023, at 8:30 a.m. ET.

Stop lying, bitch.

The annual inflation rate for the United States is 6.5% for the 12 months ended December 2022 after rising 7.1% previously, according to U.S. Labor Department data published Jan. 12. The next inflation update is scheduled for release on Feb. 14, 2023, at 8:30 a.m. ET.
So?

And then for 4 years you got on your knees and blew Trump every time these numbers came out

Now you are back to attacking them.

Your post are meaningless due to this.

They didn’t have to adjust Trumps numbers down when the real numbers came out dummy.

They didn’t have to adjust Trumps numbers down when the real numbers came out dummy.

The numbers got adjusted every month just like they do now and like they did with Obama and Bush II and Clinton and Bush I.

That you are unaware of this is just one more out of 120,000 examples of your ignorance on most everything .

Forum List

Back