Joe Walsh cancels performance after GOP ties revealed

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Another rocker I'll now avoid.

Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed

"I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way," artist says

Joe Walsh will not be performing at a July 18th concert he was initially scheduled to perform in Cleveland, OH. In a statement he released on Wednesday, Walsh said the event was billed to him as a benefit for the families of veterans, but after he discovered it was part of the Republican National Convention, he made the announcement that he is withdrawing from the show.

Read more: Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Anyone else noticing it's the old has been ones? Trying to get attention and become somewhat relevant

I had no idea he was still alive. Interesting how important entertainers think they are. Lots of newer better talent out there.
weasel, it isn't a matter of thinking himself important. He said he thought he was booked for a benefit for vets, and it turns out not to be so. If you bought tickets for a concert and found it to be a Democratic Rally, would you consider yourself 'too important' to attend, or would you feel cheated by the bait & switch? He feels about Republicans the same as you feel about Democrats. Give the guy the respect you would like in the same circumstances.

Anyone else noticing it's the old has been ones? Trying to get attention and become somewhat relevant

They get attention, problem is they risk alienating a good deal of their audience.
Considering his age and music genre, guarantee you a good deal of his audience would be Republicans. His move here will anger many of them.

They get attention, problem is they risk alienating a good deal of their audience.
Considering his age and music genre, guarantee you a good deal of his audience would be Republicans. His move here will anger many of them.

I love Boston's music, always have but I wouldn't pay a nickle to see them now

Is he still alive? what a joke. shut up and sing or be Dixie chicked. who cares

An aging used to be that has nothing in a decade.
The GOP is an aging hulk of what used to be a party but is now a mob of whining frightened white gun owners with a "superiority complex" totally at odds with Reality ...you are a prime example chump :2up:.. a decade is not three years ...chump....you are a "Never has been and never will be"

All Night Long: Live in Dallasis the second solo live album by the American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalistJoe Walsh. The album was released as for digital download in 2013,[1]and on the CD format in March 2014.[2]

Notice how these Neanderthals are frightened of some sort of "boogie man" hidden in the public bathrooms ...so they go nuts and pass nut laws to calm down the inner red neck ....then they whine when normal people point stare and confront the "stupid...

Another rocker I'll now avoid.

Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed

"I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way," artist says

Joe Walsh will not be performing at a July 18th concert he was initially scheduled to perform in Cleveland, OH. In a statement he released on Wednesday, Walsh said the event was billed to him as a benefit for the families of veterans, but after he discovered it was part of the Republican National Convention, he made the announcement that he is withdrawing from the show.

Read more: Joe Walsh Nixes Concert After GOP Ties Revealed
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

It's amazing the influence old washed-up rockers think they have.

An aging used to be that has nothing in a decade.
The GOP is an aging hulk of what used to be a party but is now a mob of whining frightened white gun owners with a "superiority complex" totally at odds with Reality ...you are a prime example chump :2up:.. a decade is not three years ...chump....you are a "Never has been and never will be"

All Night Long: Live in Dallasis the second solo live album by the American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalistJoe Walsh. The album was released as for digital download in 2013,[1]and on the CD format in March 2014.[2]

Don't you have a bathroom to stalk?

Forum List

Back