Joe Kennedy Jr. - Could someone explain this to me?

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
Something has always bugged me about Joe Kennedy Jr.'s death. I went to wikipedia (Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. - Wikipedia. and Operation Aphrodite - Wikipedia)

What I found heightened my suspicions:

1. An electronics officer warned Kennedy that the plane's electrical harness was defective.
2. The procedure that Kennedy & his co-pilot followed called for 'arming' the explosives. I've also heard this called 'setting the detonator'
3. Out of the 25 planes that attempted this mission ONLY Joe Kennedy's plane blew up mid-air. All the other may have failed their mission, but only Kennedy's plane blew up mid air.
4. The missions continued after Kennedy's plane blew up.

The one thing that stands out is that Kennedy's co pilot had to 'set the detonator'. On a mission like this the explosives SHOULD go off when the plane impacts the target. There should be ABSOLUTELY no need for a detonator!

It strikes me that the only reason there would be a need for a detonator is if someone wanted to detonate the explosives BEFORE the plane impacted the target.

It also strikes me that the' defect' in the wiring harness may not have been a 'defect' as such. Perhaps the schematic for this particular harness was different than those made for the other plane in Operation Aphrodite. Perhaps this harness had extra wires to connect it to both the detonator and to an additional remote device that would trigger the detonator.

If I'm right, then this would show a much earlier and more wide spread plan to stop the Kennedy family from controlling the Presidency - that the assassinations of John and Robert were linked along with that of Joe.

I agree, all planned, can't have anti war candidates who actually fought in the wars.

Can't any Kennedy die without a conspiracy theory being attached to their death....?
Now that nutcase Robert Kennedy is saying Sirhan Sirhan didn't shoot his dad when we all watched him do it on TV.....

Something is very wrong with the Kennedy's...too much inbreeding I assume....

Can't any Kennedy die without a conspiracy theory being attached to their death....?
Now that nutcase Robert Kennedy is saying Sirhan Sirhan didn't shoot his dad when we all watched him do it on TV.....

Wow, two assassinated and one blown up on a secret mission kinda defies the odds by a long shot.

Only an idiot wouldn't be suspicious.

But of course I'm sure you believe in magic bullets and 10 shot revolvers firing 18 shots.

I idea that a plane loaded with explosives should go off on impact and not be ignited by a detonator is obviously quite beyond you.

The Kennedy's they can't just die without some nutcase conspiracy that goes on for decades.....

Wow, two assassinated and one blown up on a secret mission kinda defies the odds by a long shot.

But of course I'm sure you believe in magic bullets and 10 shot revolvers firing 18 shots.

I idea that a plane loaded with explosives should go off on impact and not be ignited by a detonator is obviously quite beyond you.

It is you who believes in magic bullets and 10 sot revolvers firing more than 10 shots as there is no evidence for either story.

Had a dream a couple of days ago in a future with Joe Kennedy as president announcing that “We choose to go to Mars in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” Elon Musk was his VP.

i can't stop thinking about that

...just so happens I'm reading Lost Destiny :Joe Jr and the Doomed WW2 Mission about Joe Jr...I'm only halfway through the book and it's just now getting into the mission, why Aphrodite, etc
..the first half of the book talks about the Kennedy's growing up, Joe Sr's politics, etc
..I'll get back here when I read some more
..a very good book by the way

Had a dream a couple of days ago in a future with Joe Kennedy as president announcing that “We choose to go to Mars in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” Elon Musk was his VP.

Wow What the hell did you eat before sleeping? Liverwurst Sammy with double onion and horseradish?

Wow What the hell did you eat before sleeping? Liverwurst Sammy with double onion and horseradish?

i didn't eat anything

The one thing that stands out is that Kennedy's co pilot had to 'set the detonator'. On a mission like this the explosives SHOULD go off when the plane impacts the target. There should be ABSOLUTELY no need for a detonator!
The reason for not having the detonator set until the plane is airborne is a safety issue.

You do not want the explosives in the "live" mode while the plane is taking off, in case there was a mechanical problem, engine failure, tire blew out, etc, causing the airplane to crash on the runway. Which could easily set the bombs off.

Also if the mission is scrubbed shortly after takeoff. The plane can return to base and land safely without the bombs being detonated if there was a hard landing.

Thus the crew waits until the aircraft has reached speed and altitude before "setting the detonator".

Just common sense. ... :cool:

Last edited:
The reason for not having the detonator set until the plane is airborne is a safety issue.

You do not want the explosives in the "live" mode while the plane is taking off, in case there was a mechanical problem, engine failure, tire blew out, etc, causing the airplane to crash on the runway. Which could easily set the bombs off.

Also if the mission is scrubbed shortly after takeoff. The plane can return to base and land safely without the bombs being detonated if there was a hard landing.

Thus the crew waits until the aircraft has reached speed and altitude before "setting the detonator".

Just common sense. ... :cool:

You don't seem to understand that there should be no detonator at all on a mission of this type. The explosives should be ignited by the impact of the plane crashing into the target. No need for a detonator.

You don't seem to understand that there should be no detonator at all on a mission of this type. The explosives should be ignited by the impact of the plane crashing into the target. No need for a detonator.
All bombs require some kind of a detonator.

Otherwise you just have a thick metal cylinder with explosives inside. Which may or may not explode on impact.

You really need to do some research. .... :cool:

Last edited:
I skipped some pages to the mission stuff
they are talking about another crew on an Aphodite plane:
plane packed ''from deck to overhead'' with wooden crates [ explosive --nitrostarch]
''wire and cable running everywhere''
...also Primacord --''considerably more powerful than TNT''' ..it was inserted into every crate
!!!!!!!!!!!!...holy crap!!

same airplane readying for takeoff:
when the inverters spooled [ inverters '''converted direct current to the alternating current that powered the starter motors of each engine'' ] which '''showered sparks on the nearest crate of nitrostarch'''
!!hahahahah

Last edited:
so one man has to set the autopilot--3 gyroscopes
...the pilot then pulls a lanyard connected to 14 cables which are connected to the nitrostarch
....once pulled, the explosives would be set to detonate on impact....
...'''the manual arming system is backed up by an electric arming system
...the pilot plugs telephone type jacks into the panel and this arms the load electrically

No it does not defy the odds at all.

One was killed in a war. Two were politicians. Being at war means you are at risk. Being a politician means you automatically make enemies some of whom would love to see you dead. The higher you go in politics the greater the risk.

Bombs do not work as you think. Yes they can explode on impact without a detonator but often they do not. If you wish a bomb to explode at a certain time an place a detonator is absolutely essential.

The magic bullet theory was invented by conspiracy theorists and is a lie. There is no evidence of more than 10 shots in the killing of RFK

One was killed in a war. Two were politicians. Being at war means you are at risk. Being a politician means you automatically make enemies some of whom would love to see you dead. The higher you go in politics the greater the risk.

Bombs do not work as you think. Yes they can explode on impact without a detonator but often they do not. If you wish a bomb to explode at a certain time an place a detonator is absolutely essential.

The magic bullet theory was invented by conspiracy theorists and is a lie. There is no evidence of more than 10 shots in the killing of RFK
Hey how you do'in Nazi? How's things at Langley these days?

Have you found JFK's and RFK's real murderers yet?

Hey how you do'in Nazi? How's things at Langley these days?

Have you found JFK's and RFK's real murderers yet?

Any evidence?

You have never provided any despite being asked hundreds of times.

How about now?

Forum List

Back