Job Market Is Much Better In Red States - Worst Are CA, NY, NJ, CT, WA; Best Are ND, SD, NE, MD, NH - See Map

As you have in Missouri.

Are you still pretending to live in a town that has no homeless and no crime?
Never said no crime. You added that. Very low crime but I didn’t say none. And yes still zero homeless shitting on the streets.

The economy is working pretty well here. It was much better with Trump.

But who want to live in a red state? Little school kids getting killed by guns on school grounds and you guys don't seem to give a shit as long as the weapons industry can get filthy rich. Even if a girl is raped in most of these red states, she can't have an abortion. And there ain't much to do in most of the red states it's so boring. I'm not even mentioning shitty low wages in most red states.
I live in a very Red part of Virginia with low taxes, high wages for skilled workers, great schools, low crime, low traffic, low cost of living.... Seems to be the general rule, and the converse is true about Dem urban centers.

Quite nice here. I can't stand going to Northern VA or Maryland.

Regards,
Jim

Yeah...

Jobs these days require skills. They're hard to fill in red states where schools are dogs shit and people are dumb as dirt.
NY has little high tech. CA has some dot com headquarters but most of the employees are out of state/country.

Meanwhile most of your aerospace, transportation manufacturing and medical device manufacturers are in red states.

So, in your opinion is it good to have 4 times more job openings than people to fill them?
Low unemployment and plenty of jobs available is great for workers.

Higher unemployment and few jobs is terrible for workers.

You know this.

Workers in my industry are currently experiencing this. There is such a demand for skilled professionals that salaries are rising nicely, and people can relocate easily if desired. Signing bonuses, retention bonuses, and lots pf perks are being handed out.

Low unemployment and plenty of jobs available is great for workers.

Having 3 times more opening than people to fill them is bad for businesses and for long term growth.

Higher unemployment and few jobs is terrible for workers.

This is actually bad for both workers and businesses.

The goal would be the happy medium between the two. States like IL and IN and AZ are at about the perfect mix
Workers in my industry are currently experiencing this. There is such a demand for skilled professionals that salaries are rising nicely, and people can relocate easily if desired. Signing bonuses, retention bonuses, and lots pf perks are being handed out.

All of which is great, but will raise the cost of anyone needing whatever your industry is.

Having 3 times more opening than people to fill them is bad for businesses and for long term growth.

This is actually bad for both workers and businesses.

The goal would be the happy medium between the two. States like IL and IN and AZ are at about the perfect mix

All of which is great, but will raise the cost of anyone needing whatever your industry is.
Despite the theoretical downsides you mention (which I agree with in concept), like the OP's premise states, Red states generally have low unemployment along with plenty of jobs available.

These are generally good things, and a sign of the good economic policies of the Red States. Everyone is employed, and there are still jobs available.

As we know, Blue states also have generally higher costs of living.

I say that these factors will help fuel further migration from Blue states to Red ones.

Regards,
Jim

Despite the theoretical downsides you mention (which I agree with in concept), like the OP's premise states, Red states generally have low unemployment along with plenty of jobs available.

People do not want to live in those states, not sure that is a positive.

As we know, Blue states also have generally higher costs of living.

Yes, places that are desirable have a higher cost of living due to more people living there. There is a reason the cost of living in Miami is 45% higher than that of Ocala Florida even though they are in the same state.

People do not want to live in those states, not sure that is a positive.

Yes, places that are desirable have a higher cost of living due to more people living there. There is a reason the cost of living in Miami is 45% higher than that of Ocala Florida even though they are in the same state.
So far, we have you advocating for lower wages, higher unemployment, and higher costs of living.

You must work for the Biden Admin, LOL.

So far, we have you advocating for lower wages, higher unemployment, and higher costs of living.

You must work for the Biden Admin, LOL.

I am not advocating for anything, what ever gave you that idea. Just stating the facts of the matter with out your emotional drivel added in

Do you not agree that places that are desirable have a higher cost of living due to more people living there? Is that really news to you?

A ton of unfilled jobs is what is needed. When employers struggle to find people that is not at all a bad thing in any way.

NY has little high tech. CA has some dot com headquarters but most of the employees are out of state/country.
Each of those states has more folks than 20 red states too; lots of them do not speak English and are not allowed to work due to immigration restrictions.

Nobody immigrates to Alabama
Meanwhile most of your aerospace, transportation manufacturing and medical device manufacturers are in red states.
Now thats funny.

Forum List

Back