Jim Boeheim not returning to Syracuse after 47 years

Adrian Autry is taking the helm. He should do well. He has been doing a lot of recruiting and he has connections in a lot of areas (NYC, Philadelphia, DC). It will be interesting to see if he sticks with the 2-3 zone or goes in a different direction. Definitely the end of an era In Syracuse.

Sad news. He'll be hard to replace, he was an excellent coach.

I'll never understand these big institutions that hold onto a so called "legend" as their coach until it starts getting ugly! Boeheim was ready to take it there no matter how humble he sounds! He didn't retire, Syracuse had to push him out the door! I so hate when these guys pull this $#!t; "it's up to Syracuse" in answering about a return! One of the worst exits IMO was with Granblings, Eddie Robinson! He'd coached for over 50 years there, but the public and lack of backbones in the political ranks of Louisiana saved him time and time again until they finally let him finish up 1997! Coach K wouldn't leave the stage either until pushed even w/ health issues! Shula had to be kicked to the curb after giving him one more chance to do something w/ Marino speading $18 M for free-agents! I just SMH w/ this kind of situation going on years w/ the coach the only person truly satisfied getting what he wants; "to keep his job until he keels over in a wheelchair!" :heehee:👩‍🦽

Forum List

Back