Jews win 5 of 7 Nobel Prizes this year

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:32:05 AM Yourjewishnews.com/Ha'aretz
Jews win 5 of 7 Nobel Prizes this year
remarkable for ¼ of 1% of the World's population.

Israeli scientist Daniel Shechtman has made headlines at home for winning the 2011 Nobel Prize in chemistry, but he is not the only Jewish recipient, with members of the tribe making a strong showing this year in both medicine and physics.

Ralph Steinman and Bruce Beutler were awarded the Nobel Prize for medicine for their discoveries on the immune system along with French biologist Jules Hoffmann. Steinman will receive the award posthumously, passing just three days before the Nobel committee announced that he was among the winners.

Saul Pelmutter and Adam G. Ross, both American Jews, are two of the three Nobel Prize in physics winners, recognized "for the discovery of the accelerating expansion of the Universe through observations of distant supernovae.”

So far, five of the seven Nobel Prize winners this year are Jewish; their Yiddeshe mamas must be so proud.

Last edited:
No token black guy this year?
the real/Science prizes are difficult to give to tokens.
Hard to make up a brilliant body of work.
Literature/Peace/BS prizes do go to PC/politcal-point winners.

When a Jewish guy wins the Marathon or NBA MVP, an Ethiopean/Kenyan will win the Physics prize.
Don't hold your breath on either of those counts.
Darwin Rules.

Last edited:
Genius is common in the Jewish people.

Overachieving academically and then in ones field also common in that ethnic.

That's basically all there is to it.

It's not ethnic imo.

Eugenics has provided the impetus.

South Koreans study the central text of Judaism, the Talmud, in the hope of cultivating genius.
Close to 50 million people live in South Korea, and almost everyone is taught the Talmud at home by their parents.

"We tried to understand why the Jews are geniuses, and we came to the conclusion that we think it is because they study the Talmud," said the Korean ambassador to Israel, Young Sam Ma. Almost every home in South Korea now contains a Korean-translated Talmud. But unlike in Israel, the Korean mothers teach the Talmud to their children. In a country of close to 49 million people who believe in Buddhism and Christianity, there are more people who read the Talmud - or at least own their own copy at home - more than in the Jewish state. Much more.

Young, who was hosted on the Channel 1 TV programme “Culture Today”.

"A high percentage of Nobel laureates in all fields – literature, science and economics – are Jews. This is a remarkable achievement. We tried to understand the secret of the Jewish people. How they – more than other people – are able to reach those impressive accomplishments. We wanted to know why Jews are so intelligent. In our opinion, one of your secrets is that you study the Talmud.

South Korea Embraces the Talmud | asia! through Asian Eyes

South Koreans study the central text of Judaism, the Talmud, in the hope of cultivating genius.
Close to 50 million people live in South Korea, and almost everyone is taught the Talmud at home by their parents.

"We tried to understand why the Jews are geniuses, and we came to the conclusion that we think it is because they study the Talmud," said the Korean ambassador to Israel, Young Sam Ma. Almost every home in South Korea now contains a Korean-translated Talmud. But unlike in Israel, the Korean mothers teach the Talmud to their children. In a country of close to 49 million people who believe in Buddhism and Christianity, there are more people who read the Talmud - or at least own their own copy at home - more than in the Jewish state. Much more.

Young, who was hosted on the Channel 1 TV programme “Culture Today”.

"A high percentage of Nobel laureates in all fields – literature, science and economics – are Jews. This is a remarkable achievement. We tried to understand the secret of the Jewish people. How they – more than other people – are able to reach those impressive accomplishments. We wanted to know why Jews are so intelligent. In our opinion, one of your secrets is that you study the Talmud.

South Korea Embraces the Talmud | asia! through Asian Eyes

And because of such a small population we have been able to follow intellectual bloodlines for thousands of years. Memory tools to transfer the knowledge of our books when we were not allowed to have them in print, etc.

While some other people are doing the opposite and thinning their lines.

It was the Nazi's who perverted the science of training and raising intellect and turned it into a racist ideology.

The Jews just knew that they needed every chance they could have since they knew what tendering the laws to the world would entail.

Smart eh?

But not because of ethnicity imo ....

The culture of the Hebrews has cultivated and respected intellectual achievement for a couple of thousand years. Any culture that does the same will get the same results, irregardless of the color of the skin, or point of origin of the culture.

They believe in science. Like Liberals and Democrats.

Republicans? Conservatives? Not so much.

Bet all those winners understand "climate change" and "evolution".

^ As do I. It is evolution. . .

The Jews just decided they had enough hunters and gatherers and so used their other brighter ones to continue their line as they continued to test for intellectual and mnemonic ability. Any young from hunter/gatherer (used for comparative purposes) families who showed signs of higher ability were educated to the pinnacle of their potential.

It's been going on for a long time and it follows evolution. I mean the fittest need to survive and there's a lot of people who have been trying to end the Jews for a lot of those years.

Yet we continue....

My dads Jewish and I'm an astrophysicist and a cosmologist, so I suppose maybe the stereotype stands?

My dad is pretty intelligent too.

Never really attributed my intelligence to my Jewish heritage though.

Photonic, I would attribute your position in life far more to your culteral heritage than to your genetic heritage. True, the genetics had to be there for the intellect that your profession demands. But without the cultural heritage that encourages intellectual pursuits, rather than holding such pursuits in contempt, you would possibly not have pursued the harder path.

Our nation now has all too many that hold intellectual pursuits in contempt. They denigrate science and those that pursue science at a time when the advances in science will determine what nation and culture has the primary influence on the way that mankind progresses from this point in time. And most of our competitors are taking the opposite course. The result, if we continue down this path, is inevitable.

The cultural heritage that encourages intellectual pursuits, starts with genetics.

Photonic, I would attribute your position in life far more to your culteral heritage than to your genetic heritage. True, the genetics had to be there for the intellect that your profession demands. But without the cultural heritage that encourages intellectual pursuits, rather than holding such pursuits in contempt, you would possibly not have pursued the harder path.

Our nation now has all too many that hold intellectual pursuits in contempt. They denigrate science and those that pursue science at a time when the advances in science will determine what nation and culture has the primary influence on the way that mankind progresses from this point in time. And most of our competitors are taking the opposite course. The result, if we continue down this path, is inevitable.

I wholeheartedly agree.

However the culture I grew up in in no way encouraged me to think for myself, much less think scientifically. That is something I consider to be one of my natural born traits.

I was indoctrinated in the Christian religion from birth and I hold nothing but contempt for parents who force children into their faith.

Last edited:
No token black guy this year?
the real/Science prizes are difficult to give to tokens.
Hard to make up a brilliant body of work.
Literature/Peace/BS prizes do go to PC/politcal-point winners.

When a Jewish guy wins the Marathon or NBA MVP, an Ethiopean/Kenyan will win the Physics prize.
Don't hold your breath on either of those counts.
Darwin Rules.

Hey you never know, Dirk Nowitzki won the Finals MVP this year and totally out shined Lebron James in the Finals, and Steve Nash has won 2 consecutive NBA MVP's in the past.

Could you, just once, try posting like a rational human being instead of a left wing borg?

Could you, just once, try posting like a rational human being instead of a left wing borg?

How about you first?

I don't post like a left wing borg.

Twit.

And, the comment wasn't addressed to you. Of course, you are at liberty to respond but I am at liberty to dismiss your response as nothing more relevant than rdean's whackadoo.

Forum List

Back