Jews and Antisemites

Friends

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2012
Jews tend to be more affluent than Gentiles, even white Gentiles. This can make them politically vulnerable during periods of widespread economic stagnation or decline. The Great Depression gave us Franklin Roosevelt, who as we know was not hostile to Jews. However, it gave Germany Adolf Hitler.

Even in the United States during the Depression Father Coughlin became a radio commentator with a wide following. Although he advocated nationalizing major industries and strong labor unions, he also attacked Jews and was somewhat sympathetic to Adolf Hitler.

White Gentiles who are angry about their economic circumstances and reluctant to direct that anger toward the rich in general often find it easier to be hostile to rich Jews. That hostility can segue into hostility against all Jews.

How do you feel about Jews? I will begin this thread by saying that I am a Gentile and that I have a high regard for Jews. However, I am not interested in flaming antisemites, at least not in this thread. I want this to be a civil discussion. If you do not like Jews, and/or if you think they as a group have a bad influence on American society, please explain why you feel that way.

If you share my high regard for Jews, please explain why. Eventually I will.

Your basic premise is flawed. Globally, there's only about 14 million Jews (of which I'm one and living below the Federal Poverty line,) and over 2 billions Christians (Catholics and Protestants.) So to say Jews are generally more affluent is factually wrong. Even if all 14 million of us were millionaires, it'd still be wrong. It's simple ratios.

• Banned
Your basic premise is flawed. Globally, there's only about 14 million Jews (of which I'm one and living below the Federal Poverty line,) and over 2 billions Christians (Catholics and Protestants.) So to say Jews are generally more affluent is factually wrong. Even if all 14 million of us were millionaires, it'd still be wrong. It's simple ratios.

I am not claiming that all the Jews in the world make and have more money than all the Christians in the world. I am claiming that the average Jewish income is higher than the average Christian income. The reason for this is that Jews tend to be more intelligent than Christians. The average Ashkenazi Jewish IQ is estimated to be from 110 to 115.

Although I do not worship rich people, I admire intelligent people. That is one of the reasons I admire Jews.

I am not claiming that all the Jews in the world make and have more money than all the Christians in the world. I am claiming that the average Jewish income is higher than the average Christian income. The reason for this is that Jews tend to be more intelligent than Christians. The average Ashkenazi Jewish IQ is estimated to be from 110 to 115.

Although I do not worship rich people, I admire intelligent people. That is one of the reasons I admire Jews.

A few points of IQ isn't going to result in the average income being raised. Jews are successful because success is part of their culture. They are taught to be driven. They are taught that school is important, and they are taught to not waste money of frivolous things they cant afford. In other words, they are taught to be "jewy", which apparently means successful.

Being a Jew in many businesses is like being a Mormon in Utah: Definitely advantageous.

Jews tend to be more affluent than Gentiles, even white Gentiles. This can make them politically vulnerable during periods of widespread economic stagnation or decline. The Great Depression gave us Franklin Roosevelt, who as we know was not hostile to Jews. However, it gave Germany Adolf Hitler.

Even in the United States during the Depression Father Coughlin became a radio commentator with a wide following. Although he advocated nationalizing major industries and strong labor unions, he also attacked Jews and was somewhat sympathetic to Adolf Hitler.

White Gentiles who are angry about their economic circumstances and reluctant to direct that anger toward the rich in general often find it easier to be hostile to rich Jews. That hostility can segue into hostility against all Jews.

How do you feel about Jews? I will begin this thread by saying that I am a Gentile and that I have a high regard for Jews. However, I am not interested in flaming antisemites, at least not in this thread. I want this to be a civil discussion. If you do not like Jews, and/or if you think they as a group have a bad influence on American society, please explain why you feel that way.

I have no opinion on them whatsoever.

I could care less how people worship, or what name they call God.

Jews rose to affluence over Gentiles because the Gentiles were against banking and charging interest. Indeed, it was un-Christian like to loan someone money and charge them interests. Blame the Christians for their stupidity. The Jews found an economic opportunity and they exploited it. Good for them!

FDR was not hostile to Jews? Check out 26:20 of this video as Beck reads a transcript from the Yalta Conference.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs5tYh32vE0]Glen Beck & M Stanton Evans Blacklisted by History - YouTube[/ame]

I don't think Jews are any more or less intelligent than any other people - but they do, as a group, place a high value on education which can lead to higher-income jobs. I have seen no statistics however regarding affluence amongst religious groups (or IQ amongst religious groups) and I don't know frankly how you could apply that across cultures and nations.

I do agree though, that in times of economic stress, or social/political unrest you see a rise in bigotry against minorities - whether it's anti-semitism, Islamophobia, racism or bigotry against ethnic groups. It also seems to coincide with an increased willingness to buy into conspiracy theory crap:doubt:

I kind of wonder if this IQ/Affluence thing isn't a bit of that - a seperation by anti-semites of Jews from other people and a means then to push the canard that they think of themselves as "special" or "chosen"...

Most of the reason for Jewish success as a high percentage is due to their insular tribal mentality, especially in business. Like Japanese give other Japanese persons broad advantage in matters of money, so to Jews to Jews. Both cultural groups exhibit a fierce racial loyalty because both groups are relatively small compared to other groups. Both are also very intelligent.

Try doing getting into business with a Japanese company as an American. Unless they cannot find a fellow Jap to do it, forget it. Do business with Jews and you find out pretty damn fast that they will screw you out of two cents if they can. The reason there are so many cliche`s about Jews and money, is because they are true. That's just a fact and you don't have to hate Jews en masse to understand that.

Most of the reason for Jewish success as a high percentage is due to their insular tribal mentality, especially in business. Like Japanese give other Japanese persons broad advantage in matters of money, so to Jews to Jews. Both cultural groups exhibit a fierce racial loyalty because both groups are relatively small compared to other groups. Both are also very intelligent.

Try doing getting into business with a Japanese company as an American. Unless they cannot find a fellow Jap to do it, forget it. Do business with Jews and you find out pretty damn fast that they will screw you out of two cents if they can. The reason there are so many cliche`s about Jews and money, is because they are true. That's just a fact and you don't have to hate Jews en masse to understand that.

Oh balony - I don't think this "racial loyalty" is any different among Jews and Asians as it is among any other ethnic groups.

That's a fact? Based on what evidence?

One more thing. I own my business and have dealt with Jews and Japanese so I speak from experience. When I was younger I had a number of jobs with companies run by all sorts of people including Jews and non Jews. It's interesting (to me anyway) that the worst boss I ever had was a Jew.

Oh, the best boss I ever had was also a Jew. Sweet man who I still remember fondly over 25 years later.

I don't think Jews are any more or less intelligent than any other people - but they do, as a group, place a high value on education which can lead to higher-income jobs. I have seen no statistics however regarding affluence amongst religious groups (or IQ amongst religious groups) and I don't know frankly how you could apply that across cultures and nations.

I do agree though, that in times of economic stress, or social/political unrest you see a rise in bigotry against minorities - whether it's anti-semitism, Islamophobia, racism or bigotry against ethnic groups. It also seems to coincide with an increased willingness to buy into conspiracy theory crap:doubt:

I kind of wonder if this IQ/Affluence thing isn't a bit of that - a seperation by anti-semites of Jews from other people and a means then to push the canard that they think of themselves as "special" or "chosen"...

The average IQ for white Gentiles is 100. The average for Orientals is 106. the average for Ashkenazi Jews is 110.

Oh balony - I don't think this "racial loyalty" is any different among Jews and Asians as it is among any other ethnic groups.

Based on experience in working directly with them. There is a really good series of books about Jews by Dr Kevin MacDonald. Fascinating and insightful.

Based on experience in working directly with them. There is a really good series of books about Jews by Dr Kevin MacDonald. Fascinating and insightful.

I look at people as individuals, who should be judged on their own merit - not cliches and stereotypes. When you start doing that you lose site of humanity. Just my opinion.

I haven't heard of McDonald, however I looked him and this is what Wikipedia has to say:

Kevin B. MacDonald (born January 24, 1944) is a professor of psychology at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), best known for his use of evolutionary theory to support his claim that Judaism is a "group evolutionary strategy."

MacDonald's most controversial claim is that a suite of traits that he attributes to Jews, including higher-than-average verbal intelligence and ethnocentricism, have eugenically and culturally evolved to enhance the ability of Jews to out-compete non-Jews for resources. MacDonald believes this advantage has been used by a number of Jews to advance Jewish group interests and end potential antisemitism by either deliberately or inadvertently undermining the power and self-confidence of the European-derived majorities in the Western world.[1][2][3]

The university's psychology department, as well as the Cal State Long Beach academic senate, have formally dissociated themselves from his work.[4][5] The academic senate described his views as antisemitic and white ethnocentric.[5]

That sounds more like a thin veneer of "science" aiming to cloak what is in reality little more than modern version of the old "Jews are secretely controling the world" conspiracy theory.

The average IQ for white Gentiles is 100. The average for Orientals is 106. the average for Ashkenazi Jews is 110.

According to?

I look at people as individuals, who should be judged on their own merit - not cliches and stereotypes. When you start doing that you lose site of humanity. Just my opinion.

I haven't heard of McDonald, however I looked him and this is what Wikipedia has to say:

Kevin B. MacDonald (born January 24, 1944) is a professor of psychology at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), best known for his use of evolutionary theory to support his claim that Judaism is a "group evolutionary strategy."

MacDonald's most controversial claim is that a suite of traits that he attributes to Jews, including higher-than-average verbal intelligence and ethnocentricism, have eugenically and culturally evolved to enhance the ability of Jews to out-compete non-Jews for resources. MacDonald believes this advantage has been used by a number of Jews to advance Jewish group interests and end potential antisemitism by either deliberately or inadvertently undermining the power and self-confidence of the European-derived majorities in the Western world.[1][2][3]

The university's psychology department, as well as the Cal State Long Beach academic senate, have formally dissociated themselves from his work.[4][5] The academic senate described his views as antisemitic and white ethnocentric.[5]

That sounds more like a thin veneer of "science" aiming to cloak what is in reality little more than modern version of the old "Jews are secretely controling the world" conspiracy theory.

You should discover for yourself whether or not his concepts have merit. I myself would have brushed them off years ago, and it's important to take into consideration that Wiki is not gospel. It's an open access site that anyone can contribute to.

Of course the throngs of University types will dismiss him. When someone goes against the grain, the standard reaction is rejection. You would have to read his work and judge for yourself if you are so inclined.

To Coyote:
According to Everyone.
Not in dispute.
See below for more.

"Kevin McDonald"
Is widely viewed as an antisemite but he has an unusual twist.
He acknowledges Jews are smarter/Have higher IQs, but asserts this is a conscious, nefarious, inter-generational, genetic strategy.

For those similar to McDonald who think it's merely tribal networking:

User:Alansohn/Ashkenazi intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[.....]
Expert Findings

Psychometrics research has found that Ashkenazi Jews have the Highest mean score of any ethnic group on standardized tests of general intelligence, at roughly one half to one standard deviation higher than the mean of the general white population.[5] These studies also indicate that this advantage is primarily in verbal and mathematical performance; spatial performance is about 90, if whites are taken as the mean. Estimates vary from 107 to 117. [6][7][8][9]

Achievement

Ashkenazi Jews have made disproportionately Large contributions to presumably Intellectual pursuits.
Though they are about ¼ of 1% of the world's population, they comprise 28% of Nobel Prize winners in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, and Economics,
and have accounted for more than Half of world Chess Champions
.[10]

In the United States, Ashkenazi Jews represent less than 2% of the population, but have won 40% of the Nobel Prizes in Science awarded to U.S. citizens, and 25% of all Turing Awards.

A significant decline in the number of Nobel Prizes awarded to Europeans and a corresponding increase in the number of prizes awarded to U.S. citizens occurred at the same time as Nazi persecutions of Jews drove them from Europe during the 1930s and the Holocaust reduced their number in Europe during the 1940s.[11]
[.......]

EDIT/Note
This does not go for all Jews, only Ashkenazim who are app 75% of total: perhaps 90% in the USA/EU, 60% or less in Israel.
Sephardim, 'Spanish'/Arabo-Mizrahi Jews are somewhat below 100 but there is less work on that.
`

Last edited:

You should discover for yourself whether or not his concepts have merit. I myself would have brushed them off years ago, and it's important to take into consideration that Wiki is not gospel. It's an open access site that anyone can contribute to.

Of course the throngs of University types will dismiss him. When someone goes against the grain, the standard reaction is rejection. You would have to read his work and judge for yourself if you are so inclined.

Frequently, when other scientists (university types) dismiss a "scientist" it's because what he is promoting isn't science.:doubt:

According to?

Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis is a 2006 book by controversial race and intelligence writer Richard Lynn reviewing the worldwide literature on IQ testing and arguing for in part genetic racial differences and with a discussion on the causes and consequences...

The book claims to represent the largest collection and review of the global Intelligence Quotient (IQ) data, surveying 620 published studies from around the world, with a total of 813,778 tested individuals. Lynn's meta-analysis lists East Asians (IQ 105), Europeans (100), Inuit (91), South East Asians (87), Native Americans (87), Pacific Islanders (85), South Asians and North Africans (84), Indians (82), non-bushmen Sub-Saharan Africans (67), Australian Aborigines (62), Bushmen and Pygmies (54). The average human IQ of the world is estimated to be 90.[3]...

Ashkenazi Jews who Lynn classifies as West Asian/European hybrids, average 108-115 in the U.S. and Britain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_Differences_in_Intelligence_(book)

Many jews especially in Europe and Asia historically had to deal with non jews who wouldn't hire jews simply because that they were jews.

Therefore, to survive they had to create their own businesses. Therefore, the incentive to be entreneuers and work drive has helped them succeed.

They also place great value on education.

Forum List

Back