Jesus the alcoholic

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
Wine, for crying out loud! why not turn the water into medicine or if it had to be alcohol, why not make it Jack Daniels or a good beer, had he done that I may even have joined his merry band, or was that Robin Hood? Meh.

Wine, for crying out loud! why not turn the water into medicine or if it had to be alcohol, why not make it Jack Daniels or a good beer, had he done that I may even have joined his merry band, or was that Robin Hood? Meh.

Shoulda said "Jesus the Wino"

Wine was what people drank then. Get over it. And there was good wine, and the every day wine.

Jesus was asked by his mother to get wine for the wedding guests. He got them good wine, as was the custom. Big whoop.

Wine was what people drank then. Get over it. And there was good wine, and the every day wine.

Jesus was asked by his mother to get wine for the wedding guests. He got them good wine, as was the custom. Big whoop.

He was a half assed magician, a real messiah would have produced something truly miraculous like Jack Daniels, how can you follow someone who can only produce girly wine?

He was a half assed magician, a real messiah would have produced something truly miraculous like Jack Daniels, how can you follow someone who can only produce girly wine?

Because I'm not really interested in following a drunken messiah, or being passed out when he comes back.

Because I'm not really interested in following a drunken messiah, or being passed out when he comes back.

Then maybe the water should have remained water or perhaps iced tea for you anally retentive waiters for God, lighten up doofus.:cool:

if Jesus instantly made the wine and instantly served it, how do we know it was not "new" wine, e.g., non-alcoholic?

if Jesus instantly made the wine and instantly served it, how do we know it was not "new" wine, e.g., non-alcoholic?

...and why didn't the lazy, scruffy bastard have a shave and a haircut?

This thread shoulda been called. "He said Let there be drunkenness; and it was good"

i don't believe it was non-alcoholic wine because it was being served in a traditional fashion that does not otherwise indicate non-alcoholic wine. In fact, I don't believe that jebus would have given a damn since there is a huge difference between getting drunk and BEING a drunk. Then again, I also don't think he cast a magic spell and conjured up some wine from water. More likely, he brought in his own stash to knew someone who could provide in a pinch. Thus, making this story about as significant as Washingtons Cherry tree.

also, alcoholic beverages were safer to drink than any ole possibly contaminated water laying around. it was the same way in medieval europe.

lets not forget what kind of potent psychedelic shit Moses had at his disposal

Exodus 30:22-25
22Moreover the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

23Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

24And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:

25And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 30:22-25;&version=9;

Usage

Calamus has been an item of trade in many cultures for thousands of years. Calamus has been used medicinally for a wide variety of ailments and its smell makes calamus essential oil valued in the perfume industry[2].

In antiquity in the Orient and Egypt, the rhizome was thought to be a powerful aphrodisiac. In Europe Acorus calamus was often added to wine, and the root is also one of the possible ingredients of absinthe. Among the northern Native Americans, it is used both medicinally and as a stimulant; in addition, the root is thought to have been used as an entheogen among the northern Native Americans. In high doses, it is hallucinogenic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_flag

Your post seems to be the only one on this thread that makes sense. All others seem to have an axe to grind and are angry at the world so they use anonomous boards to vent their anger.
First of all, he was not the host, but a guest, and wine was what was served at that kind of an occassion. And the guests remarked that it was GOOD wine. the tradition was, that the most at a wedding banquet would serve the GOOD wine first while people were sober and could appreciate it. then after awhile when their tastes were dulled he bring out the mediocre wine. Jesus surprised them in that he produced GOOD wine.
I think however, some have missed the point, that by doing this, Jesus shows that he honors the institution of marriage.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Your post seems to be the only one on this thread that makes sense. All others seem to have an axe to grind and are angry at the world so they use anonomous boards to vent their anger.
First of all, he was not the host, but a guest, and wine was what was served at that kind of an occassion. And the guests remarked that it was GOOD wine. the tradition was, that the most at a wedding banquet would serve the GOOD wine first while people were sober and could appreciate it. then after awhile when their tastes were dulled he bring out the mediocre wine. Jesus surprised them in that he produced GOOD wine.
I think however, some have missed the point, that by doing this, Jesus shows that he honors the institution of marriage.

Hahahahahahahahaha... you are hilarious and I am pleased to see you posting in the spirit in which it was intended:rofl:

um, did he also honer the institution of prostitution by kicking it with some hookers?

Forum List

Back