Jesus' Run for the Presidency

Well then answer the question LoneLaugher thought was ridiculous about Love...

What was the question? (I haven't read the whole thread and have no intention of doing so)....

i think the implication was that you can't prove love exists either.

I'm not claiming love is sentinent, or non-sentinent, being, or that love will send me to hell. Or that love is tangible...

What was the question? (I haven't read the whole thread and have no intention of doing so)....

I'm not claiming love is sentinent, or non-sentinent, being, or that love will send me to hell. Or that love is tangible...

i know. but that seems to be the argument some make. they confuse emotion, which is certain real at the time it is felt, with their belief in a higher power.

you know i believe, but i'm fully aware that it's belief and not something i could "prove" in a scientific method sense.

i know. but that seems to be the argument some make. they confuse emotion, which is certain real at the time it is felt, with their belief in a higher power.

you know i believe, but i'm fully aware that it's belief and not something i could "prove" in a scientific method sense.

Bingo...

I've always stated that if a God existed, why doesn't he or she just reveal him or herself.

There are two usual replies:
1) He/she does but you're just not seeing; or
2) Why should he/she have to.

To the first one I say, well why not just make it obvious instead of being silly about it; or
Why shouldn't he or she not have to. After all, he or she is the one that wants us to follow him or her. Not that much to ask IMO...

Bingo...

I've always stated that if a God existed, why doesn't he or she just reveal him or herself.

To the first one I say, well why not just make it obvious instead of being silly about it; or
Why shouldn't he or she not have to. After all, he or she is the one that wants us to follow him or her. Not that much to ask IMO...

well, the only thing i would say to that is maybe the act of having faith is important. and if there's "proof", then it doesn't require a leap of faith. i figure i'll find out when i'm gone.

Bingo...

And........we haven't even begun to talk about that advertising budget. Billboards cost $$.

We see the Effects of what we do, cause and effect, is not a Man Made Law. You want to test it, go right ahead, just remember to include me in your Will. Why God exists should not even matter to you, if you don't believe, unless you are claiming there is no morality, in which case you are trying to establish a foundation to get a Pass on the wrong you impose on others? Do you believe in Good and Evil? Can you prove the Good and Evil exist? Can you prove that Time Exists? Does our limits on what we can Prove, conclude that what we can't prove exists doesn't, or does it prove that our capabilities are inconclusive and limited?

We see the Effects of what we do, cause and effect, is not a Man Made Law. You want to test it, go right ahead, just remember to include me in your Will. Why God exists should not even matter to you, if you don't believe, unless you are claiming there is no morality, in which case you are trying to establish a foundation to get a Pass on the wrong you impose on others? Do you believe in Good and Evil? Can you prove the Good and Evil exist? Can you prove that Time Exists? Does our limits on what we can Prove, conclude that what we can't prove exists doesn't, or does it prove that our capabilities are inconclusive and limited?

But good or evil deeds are committed and can be easily seen/heard. Yes, I can prove time exists. You could say that about almost any word in the dictionary.

At the end of they day, you are comparing apples and oranges. Let us not forget this God asks as lot of us, good and evil doesn't, nor does time. As I said, not much to ask for him or her to reveal him/herself...

But good or evil deeds are committed and can be easily seen/heard. Yes, I can prove time exists. You could say that about almost any word in the dictionary.

At the end of they day, you are comparing apples and oranges. Let us not forget this God asks as lot of us, good and evil doesn't, nor does time. As I said, not much to ask for him or her to reveal him/herself...

Without Universal Law, it is all Relative, a matter of Perspective. You can Justify almost any position in your mind, whether it fits into the balance of creation is another matter. Is there a force greater than the single mind, or the collective mind, that sets things straight? I believe so. Prove Time exists.

I couldn't say it better...:clap2:

Well then answer the question LoneLaugher thought was ridiculous about Love...

Correct, you can't...

There are a number of things you can not prove exist either that are widely believed...

I take exception to the notion that somehow you need further proof that God is real...

Without Universal Law, it is all Relative, a matter of Perspective. You can Justify almost any position in your mind, whether it fits into the balance of creation is another matter. Is there a force greater than the single mind, or the collective mind, that sets things straight? I believe so. Prove Time exists.

It is now 11.16am where I am. In one more minute it will be 11.17am. Time has moved on. Remember, time is a man-made concept, therefore it is not hard to show it exists within the parameters WE have set. If you have a watch, you can prove time. Not hard to do....

Last edited:

Correct, you can't...

There are a number of things you can not prove exist either that are widely believed...

I take exception to the notion that somehow you need further proof that God is real..

As I said, love asks nothing of us. A god does and therefore it is incumbent on him or her to prove he or she exists. Why wouldn't they want to? Why do they want faith? Sounds like a cop out by those who invented the god.

Of course you need further proof that god exists. At the moment there is no proof whatsoever.

Just out of interest, what religion are you? Christian, Jewish, Muslim? And were you born in the US or another place?

New International Version (©1984)
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.

English Standard Version (©2001)
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
For there are these three things that endure: Faith, Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
So these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the best one of these is love.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

American King James Version
And now stays faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

American Standard Version
But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Bible in Basic English
But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Correct, you can't...

I take exception to the notion that somehow you need further proof that God is real..

As I said, love asks nothing of us. A god does and therefore it is incumbent on him or her to prove he or she exists. Why wouldn't they want to? Why do they want faith? Sounds like a cop out by those who invented the god.

Of course you need further proof that god exists. At the moment there is no proof whatsoever.

Just out of interest, what religion are you? Christian, Jewish, Muslim? And were you born in the US or another place?

Oh I beg to differ, Love requires a commitment, loyalty, faithfulness, etc...

Do you struggle with making the right decisions concerning your loved ones?

Have you ever lost someone close to you?

Personally, the spiritual battles I deal with are daily, once I recognized this and this alone, I knew God was real...

I am sure it works differently for others, for me it took years to get there...

My religious beliefs are really irrelevant to this discussion, but if you must know I am a Christian...

Oh I beg to differ, Love requires a commitment, loyalty, faithfulness, etc...

Do you struggle with making the right decisions concerning your loved ones?

Have you ever lost someone close to you?

Personally, the spiritual battles I deal with are daily, once I recognized this and this alone, I knew God was real...

I am sure it works differently for others, for me it took years to get there...

My religious beliefs are really irrelevant to this discussion, but if you must know I am a Christian...

I agree with love, but it is up to you to do that. There is no third party demanding certain things for you..

Your religious beliefs are absolutely relevent to this discussion as I'll explain in a minute. So if you are Christian, you do not believe Islam is the one true way, or Bhuddism, or Taoism, or Hindu, or Mormonism? There is a reason I ask, to aid my argument in the debate we are having...which is why I wanted to know if you were also born in the US....

Forum List

Back