Jared Kushner memoir chronicles frustrations of negotiating trade deal with Canada

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An interesting book I'm sure if someone wants to gain a glimpse on the inside. I am particularly interested in the handling of Canada as I saw in real-time how precarious a position Canada was (and is) in.

Trump took the right approach with Canada when threatening the auto tariffs, I stated it on here that within a day or two Canada would sign a deal if auto tariffs were on the table. I was wrong, it took an hour.

Canada as purposely trying to drag it out and they would have for the full four years if possible. This is why Canada is ecstatic with Manchin handing Canadian businesses U.S tax dollars, we now feel with the latest Inflation Reduction Bill that the U.S will no longer have leverage over us in the E.V market while it funds out sales. Magnificent deal for Canada.

Jared Kushner memoir chronicles frustrations of negotiating trade deal with Canada

At this point the U.S. prepared for two outcomes: a Mexico-U.S. deal or a three-country one. Kushner says Peña Nieto also told Trudeau his representatives were moving too slowly and that Mexico would sign.

Then, on Sept. 26, Trump trashed Freeland at a press conference and threatened to punish Canadian autos with tariffs.

Kushner writes: "Less than an hour later, the Canadians gave us an offer in writing. After 16 months of stalling, they were finally ready to talk specifics."

I find it very encouraging to hear Kushner's opinion on Canada being tough on negotiations. It's a gem of information that you should have kept to yourself. Few Americans will find any interest in it but Canadians surely will.

The Conservative could maybe use it to suggest that Canada isn't cooperating with our greatest ally. Of course it's my opinion that any co-operation by Trudeau's government must be carefully considered on whether it serves Canada's best interests.
The current US war with Russia doesn't but political blackmail trumps doing what is good and right.

An interesting book I'm sure if someone wants to gain a glimpse on the inside. I am particularly interested in the handling of Canada as I saw in real-time how precarious a position Canada was (and is) in.

Trump took the right approach with Canada when threatening the auto tariffs, I stated it on here that within a day or two Canada would sign a deal if auto tariffs were on the table. I was wrong, it took an hour.

Canada as purposely trying to drag it out and they would have for the full four years if possible. This is why Canada is ecstatic with Manchin handing Canadian businesses U.S tax dollars, we now feel with the latest Inflation Reduction Bill that the U.S will no longer have leverage over us in the E.V market while it funds out sales. Magnificent deal for Canada.

At this point the U.S. prepared for two outcomes: a Mexico-U.S. deal or a three-country one. Kushner says Peña Nieto also told Trudeau his representatives were moving too slowly and that Mexico would sign.

Then, on Sept. 26, Trump trashed Freeland at a press conference and threatened to punish Canadian autos with tariffs.

Kushner writes: "Less than an hour later, the Canadians gave us an offer in writing. After 16 months of stalling, they were finally ready to talk specifics."
What office did Jared hold again?

Forum List

Back