Januvia for Diabetes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I ended up with a rash all over my body from using it! :mad:

Patients with type 2 diabetes taking JANUVIA® (sitagliptin), metformin initiated insulin therapy at a slower rate compared to patients taking a sulfonylurea, metformin

Date: June 14, 2014 Source:, GCI Health NY

Summary:
A late-breaking observational study has been released that assessed the differences in time to initiation of insulin use and the proportion of the population initiating insulin among patients with type 2 diabetes taking the combination of JANUVIA® (sitagliptin) and metformin, and patients taking the combination of a sulfonylurea and metformin

Read more @ Patients with type 2 diabetes taking JANUVIA® (sitagliptin), metformin initiated insulin therapy at a slower rate compared to patients taking a sulfonylurea, metformin -- ScienceDaily

I hope it clears up.

I have neuorpathy, Diabetic Nerve Pain. My feet used to get so sore I had to support myself walking. I found this stuff called Neuropathy Support Formula. It's B1, B2, B6, B12, R-alpha lipoic acid and D. From the same company out of Idaho they offer something called Nerve Repair Optimizer which is 100% R-Alpha Lipoic acid.

I've been using them for almost a year and the pain and sensations have decreased noticeably.

There are other benefits of lipoic acid including dementia, memory.

There is a risk that it will lower your blood sugar.

I will never use insulin, or scripts. This stuff saved me...

I ended up with a rash all over my body from using it! :mad:

Patients with type 2 diabetes taking JANUVIA® (sitagliptin), metformin initiated insulin therapy at a slower rate compared to patients taking a sulfonylurea, metformin

Date: June 14, 2014 Source:, GCI Health NY

Summary:
A late-breaking observational study has been released that assessed the differences in time to initiation of insulin use and the proportion of the population initiating insulin among patients with type 2 diabetes taking the combination of JANUVIA® (sitagliptin) and metformin, and patients taking the combination of a sulfonylurea and metformin

Read more @ Patients with type 2 diabetes taking JANUVIA® (sitagliptin), metformin initiated insulin therapy at a slower rate compared to patients taking a sulfonylurea, metformin -- ScienceDaily

No problems with Januvia, except tired a bit more, Onglyza caused some digestive problems.

Augmentin is a great antibiotic, a puncture wound from sitting on an old wooden chair with splinters is healing, but Augementin wears me out. I usually sleep six-seven hours, with Augmentin, 7-8, plus I nap frequently.

Type 2 Diabetes is curable. Just stop eating the crap that gave you Diabetes in the first place.

No drugs needed.

Type 2 Diabetes is curable. Just stop eating the crap that gave you Diabetes in the first place.

No drugs needed.

Mad, I never "ate the stuff", weighed 112 at diagnosis. My mother was a very thin Type I. Genetics, and I would never have traded her for any "healthy" mother. Type II can be caused by being overweight, not so in my case. My parents limited sweets for the children because of the mistaken belief sugar causes diabetes. I'll live with it, the less sweets I eat, the betrer the tiny portions taste, I do not overuse chemical sweeteners either, mainly use them for Italian Ices, which I love.

No drugs needed.

Simply not true for everyone. Explain how thin people get diabetes if all it is is eating to much?

A myth, some weigh more than their insulin output can handle, some quit making quality insulin, or quit execreting enough. My mother's fighting weight was 74 lbs, she weighed 53 lbs when she died*. No question of her over eating.

*Her physician believed years of reactions had damaged the hunger center in her brain.

Forum List

Back