James Cameron ahead of Avatar 2 release says testosterone is toxic and needs to be worked out of the system.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
Yup James Cameron thinks testosterone is a toxic poison that needs to be worked out of the system. I guess he doesn't like a naturally occurring hormone that is responsible for bone density, muscle growth, sex drive and so on.

It's a shame. When he was being posioned by his hormones he made some of the greatest action movies ever like terminator and aliens.

Now he makes avatar which only was so big due to it kick-starting a short lived 3d craze. The movie itself was trash and just a rip off of dances with wolves. It's so bad there are virtually no memes for it, no one quotes it, no one remembered any characters names, it's never talked about as a classic movie, no one ever refers to it, it's never on anyone's best of lists, had little to no merchandising or any of that. It was a borrowed story with writing so terrible the ultra rare mineral they wanted the whole movie was based was called "unab tanium". Even for a 90s comic that was awful.

Yup James Cameron thinks testosterone is a toxic poison that needs to be worked out of the system. I guess he doesn't like a naturally occurring hormone that is responsible for bone density, muscle growth, sex drive and so on.

It's a shame. When he was being posioned by his hormones he made some of the greatest action movies ever like terminator and aliens.

Now he makes avatar which only was so big due to it kick-starting a short lived 3d craze. The movie itself was trash and just a rip off of dances with wolves. It's so bad there are virtually no memes for it, no one quotes it, no one remembered any characters names, it's never talked about as a classic movie, no one ever refers to it, it's never on anyone's best of lists, had little to no merchandising or any of that. It was a borrowed story with writing so terrible the ultra rare mineral they wanted the whole movie was based was called "unab tanium". Even for a 90s comic that was awful.

In fairness it is true. Testosterone is a hormone that creates violent acts. People talk all the time about crime among certain demographics, social economic statuses etc, but one variable everywhere around earth, whether it's war, murder, torture, kidnapping, abuse of the weak, it's all coducted predominantly by men.

It also generates the drive for sex etc, which promotes the drive to achieve, accumulate resources etc in hopes of mating. That's the applicable theory, so it has major value in the progress and innovation of society. Which is why I say "the less free a society, the less it innovates" for a number of reasons. If humans are stifled in their pursuit of resources, they won't feel value in innovating. They will still mate though as an instinct, but the necessity of resources accumulation is gone.

If anyone doubts this, ask yourself, would you rather interact with a male of female cop if pulled over inn your car? Who would you expect to generally be more honest, less abusive of their power if dealing with your kid?

It goes beyond the hormone itself though. For instance, the same part of the brain that controls sex drive, the hypothalamus, also controls ones aptitude for violence. So, it's a conflicting issue for society.

So, the problem does start biologically. We learn as we age, we have normal relationships and such, we learn right from wrong etc. Women have their own disadvantages in the brain, evolutionary psychology suggests it is due to our hunger/gatherer period, our brains adapted differently due to our needs and roles, it is very slow to change.

There is no easy answer. I would suggest that we are supposed to be a self regulating system, "good men prevent the bad from going to war, murdering people and abusing others rights". Except, those good men are silenced, many of them weak and unconcerned for others plight today.

I think I get why his wife divorced his stupid ass.

Avatar was an ok movie. But way the fuck overrated.

facepalm-epic[1].gif

Forum List

Back