I've been to a dark place...

You aren't reaching out for help. You are excusing yourself from making goals.

Really? The situation I'm in literally stops me from having any meaningful aspirations. Seeking employment while applying for SSI will surely get my case dismissed. If I ever get approved, I may be more able to get my life going again.

Income is one key factor holding me down right now.

7fdadc0c5f3dcd1ab60c58ac062ecb81.jpg

So see a different one. There is no way a psyche would tell you that those three things are not the same. This is why people know you are just a troll.

So what am I supposed to do, cycle through countless psychiatrists before I find one that tells me what's actually wrong with me? I'm relying on a extremely dysfunctional state mental health system right now, so I can't get a clear answer out of anyone.
There are no easy answers or remedies..It's all up to you, not the counselor, cause they will all tell you the same thing, their counseling outlines come from the same place...

So see a different one. There is no way a psyche would tell you that those three things are not the same. This is why people know you are just a troll.

So what am I supposed to do, cycle through countless psychiatrists before I find one that tells me what's actually wrong with me? I'm relying on a extremely dysfunctional state mental health system right now, so I can't get a clear answer out of anyone.
Yes.

You aren't reaching out for help. You are excusing yourself from making goals.

Really? The situation I'm in literally stops me from having any meaningful aspirations. Seeking employment while applying for SSI will surely get my case dismissed. If I ever get approved, I may be more able to get my life going again.

Income is one key factor holding me down right now.
No, it does not.

Go take a shower, rummage thru the kitchen, and make granny a meal.

Tomorrow, take another shower and go help someone that could use a lending hand.

This isn't rocket science. Whining about poor pitiful you (who is being coddled) instead of helping others only hurts you.

And I still don't believe you are anything but a troll, but this advice also helps trolls be happier.

Then an anonymous message board on the internet is not the answer, hun.

I know it isn't.

As you've posted this thread, it appears to me that you spend far too much time playing games and messing around on the computer instead of developing a real world life.

You see, I was diagnosed as being bipolar not long ago, and as a result that shot any hopes of me finding a good job (and developing a "real world life") out the window. Now the only thing I have now is that I'm currently deep in the application process of SSI right now, and applying for government assistance was the last thing I wanted to do.

I hope you are on medication then. Just curious, what do you typically drink and eat during a day?

I hope you are on medication then. Just curious, what do you typically drink and eat during a day?

I'm on two types of medications actually. And I'm currently on a low cholesterol diet. I drink tea, water, Kool-Aid with sugar substitute and low calorie soft drinks, I eat brown rice, baked chickens (homemade, not the kind you get from a grocery store), spaghetti with ground turkey (instead of ground beed) and real tomato sauce, couscous, brown rice, wheat breads, salads (with with mozzarella cheese and a dash of bacon bits), assorted nuts (cashews, peanuts), and seeds (sunflower kernels, unsalted).

That's all I can recall off hand...

I'm on two types of medications actually. And I'm currently on a low cholesterol diet. I drink tea, water, Kool-Aid with sugar substitute and low calorie soft drinks, I eat brown rice, baked chickens (homemade, not the kind you get from a grocery store), spaghetti with ground turkey (instead of ground beed) and real tomato sauce, couscous, brown rice, wheat breads, salads (with with mozzarella cheese and a dash of bacon bits), assorted nuts (cashews, peanuts), and seeds (sunflower kernels, unsalted).

That's pretty good. I'd quit the kool-aid and low calorie drinks. They have no nutritional value and a lot of crap in them. More dark green and leafy vegetables wouldn't hurt either. As a rule, 2/3 of the plate should be covered with vegetables and some non-refined carbs.

Go take a shower, rummage thru the kitchen, and make granny a meal.

I already do that. Not that it is any of your concern. My grandmother has taught me plenty of recipes from her cooking days, I know how to cook plenty of dishes. Sometimes she doesn't even have to get out of her chair or lift a finger. Hell, I've even invented a dish or two of my own.

For example, I can make Beef/Turkey Stroganoff two ways, Spaghetti (with either beef or turkey), a few types of chicken casseroles, key lime pie, icebox pies, cornbread (sweet or regular, with or without cracklins), homestyle mac and cheese, Chinese stir fry, Lo Mein, homemade traditional waffles, blueberry/banana nut/cinnamon pancakes or muffins...

I could go on.

Tomorrow, take another shower and go help someone that could use a lending hand.

I do that too, by mowing a 3/4th's acre lawn for my grandmother. In fact, I even installed a brand new phone system for her and taught her how to use it. I help her learn how to handle any high technology she may encounter, like this PC for instance. I replace light bulbs and lift heavy objects for her. I wash her car, sweep the driveway... I've even pulled a 300 lb log to the sidewalk of my street to be mulched by the city. I'm doing everything I can to make her life easier than mine.

This isn't rocket science. Whining about poor pitiful you (who is being coddled) instead of helping others only hurts you.

The problem here is that you think you know all about me, or that I'm being "coddled." I've lent a hand to homeless people in need, donated clothes, and I've donated what little money I had to the poor. I've done things for my church. I can tell you of plenty of experiences I had with people in need, or those who just needed a hot meal on a cold day.

My life is a little more involved than you realize.

Last edited:
I feel like I've just returned from a dark place, spiritually, physically, mentally; like I've crawled out from an abyss. It's hard to explain really. I think it was about a month or so ago when I noticed how my anger had been getting the best of me, where I had been lashing out at my friends (especially theDoctorisIn) and foes alike in this forum, and my grandmother here.

I had begun questioning my faith, fighting with my moral standards. I was giving in to hatred. My self restraint had been slipping away. I began worrying about what people thought of me. I started acting like an extremist again. The objectivity I strove to maintain was slowly getting away from me. It was getting pretty dark for me at that point.

But I have returned from that dark place, seeking the light which guided my path. And while I'm sure there are those who don't really care one way or another, or those who would accost me for making "another apology thread", but I feel compelled to ask for forgiveness if I've hurt anyone with things I've said or implied over the past couple of months. Yeah, I know, this is just a forum. But I know for a fact that you are all living, breathing people out there on the other end of this internet connection, so sometimes words do matter.

I guessed it was only after Muhammad Ali passed away the night before last that I really, truly came back. I want to have the same indomitable spirit as Ali had, and will adopt him as a role model to help me fight my inner demons. I really don't have many role models to be certain, but he will a big one. I take my leave of you now.

Fare thee well.
Did she enjoy it?

I feel like I've just returned from a dark place, spiritually, physically, mentally; like I've crawled out from an abyss. It's hard to explain really. I think it was about a month or so ago when I noticed how my anger had been getting the best of me, where I had been lashing out at my friends (especially theDoctorisIn) and foes alike in this forum, and my grandmother here.

I had begun questioning my faith, fighting with my moral standards. I was giving in to hatred. My self restraint had been slipping away. I began worrying about what people thought of me. I started acting like an extremist again. The objectivity I strove to maintain was slowly getting away from me. It was getting pretty dark for me at that point.

But I have returned from that dark place, seeking the light which guided my path. And while I'm sure there are those who don't really care one way or another, or those who would accost me for making "another apology thread", but I feel compelled to ask for forgiveness if I've hurt anyone with things I've said or implied over the past couple of months. Yeah, I know, this is just a forum. But I know for a fact that you are all living, breathing people out there on the other end of this internet connection, so sometimes words do matter.

I guessed it was only after Muhammad Ali passed away the night before last that I really, truly came back. I want to have the same indomitable spirit as Ali had, and will adopt him as a role model to help me fight my inner demons. I really don't have many role models to be certain, but he will a big one. I take my leave of you now.

Fare thee well.
Did she enjoy it?

Oh my goodness gracious...

Pasta...bad.
Everything else looks ok. But HOW MUCH of it are you eating? Huge plates full?

eat 5 small meals a day. The size a 4 year old would eat.

Fare thee well.

Not joking but seek help because you need more than yourself to guide yourself through whatever is bothering you. If it is religious guidance then seek someone in the religious order you belong to. If it is mental then seek out your doctor and request they have a mental health evaluation done on you.

Best wishes mate...

I've lent a hand to homeless people in need
Wish I knew someone, like a neighbor for example, that would come ring the doorbell and ask if I needed any help in the yard....or offered their phone number in case I have to move a heavy object.

Maybe that is your calling. To help not just homeless people, but aging neighbors who could use a hand now and then.

Forum List

Back